Ika-apat na Piyesa

Lagom.: SaKaLa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Where are you going?” I woke up after feeling the sudden intrusion of light from outside the room. As far as I know, it hasn’t been long enough since I went to bed with Alistaire, so why is she standing there in front of the mirror and wearing her worn out black Air Force 1s, I don’t know if she really like this particular pair of shoes or it’s the one she wears because she doesn’t want to buy a new one.

 

“Papasok po sa work, last project ko ‘to po sa company, sa Laguna ‘yung project kaya maaga ako gumising to commute.” She sat at the edge of the bed with a smile.

 

“What time is it?” I’m pretty sure the sun is still up somewhere else because if I remember it correctly, we went to bed around 1 am?

 

“3 am po. Tulog ka pa, update na lang kita.” She leaned in for a hug while I’m still in a daze. My brain cannot process the information she just said.

 

“Wait, wait!” I stopped her from leaving the room.

 

“Bakit po?”

 

“Just take my car, I’ll book a Grab na lang to UP or whatever.” My head is pounding, a two-hour sleep shouldn’t be considered sleep.

 

“Hindi na, Love. Magco-commute na lang ako. Uuwi akong buo sa’yo.” And she still managed to throw a banat huh!?

 

“You’re so stubborn, Alistaire.” Her hand reached for my cheek before giving me a light kiss on my forehead.

 

“I love you, uuwi ako sa’yo.”

 

“I love you more.”

 

I watched her leave the room, and didn’t go back to sleep until the sun was up. I was too occupied by the fact that her last project with her current company can take at least 6 months, and wake up at 3 am just to travel back and forth every morning and afternoon. I mean it isn’t the first time but! I could already feel the exhaustion of the travel, but commuting?

 

Heck, I think that’s even worse?!

 

She’ll be stuck in traffic, sit inside a cramped up public vehicle, and probably fall asleep along the way because of exhaustion—oh my Alistaire.

 

I was cut off of my reverie after hearing my phone ring. It rested across the table as I placed it doon when I cooked my breakfast.

 

“Hello, Dad?”

 

“I’ll be moving next week, I’m leaving the house sa’yo, and everything in it.” I nodded despite knowing that he couldn't see my reaction.

 

“Okay, Dad.”

 

There was a pause, a few seconds of silence before he spoke again.

 

“I’m gonna miss seeing you creep around the house.” What!?

 

“What does that even mean?” He can be pretty annoying.

 

“I’m sorry if things went out of hand back then, anak. But don’t worry I’ve left you something. Take care of yourself please.” It felt a bit odd but I acknowledged his words with a short hum.

 

“And I hope life treats you well, especially that tall girl. What was her name again? I think I saw her in one of your posts.” Right, he’s active on Instagram.

 

“Alistaire, Dad. Her name’s Alistaire.”

 

“Yeah, that… Alistaire. You’re free to join me if something happens ha? I’ll leave my door open for you.” Grabe Dad!?

 

“Yes, Dad. You should take care of yourself din.”

 

“I might be taking too much of your time na, bye, Alice. Do well in school ha?” I rolled my eyes upon the mention of school.

 

“Yes, Dad. Bye.”

 

I let the phone flop on the table after a while.

 

But amidst biting off of my sandwich I just realized something from what Dad said.

 

He’ll leave the house sa’kin, and everything in it. I got reminded of the garage he used to tell me not to play around in though his cars are fully covered naman with that gray thing. I cannot remember what they’re called.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter