Ikalawang Piyesa

Lagom.: SaKaLa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Nakapagpaalam na ako kanina, Love. Pumayag naman sila na mag-overnight ako d’yan.” Alistaire’s excitement can be heard through her voice and I love every bit of it. Her enthusiasm made me smile in every way possible.

 

“Okay po, ingat ka, I love you.” I responded as I packed my things. She said kagabi na she’s gonna pick me up daw this afternoon before we head together sa condo since she’ll be spending the night there with me.

 

It’s been a while since she spent a night there, and I cannot wait!

 

“I love you more po, papunta na ‘ko d’yan. Wait mo ‘ko.”

 

It didn’t take her long din naman to arrive. She was smiling at me when she stepped down from the vehicle though I told her na I can put my things at the backseat of her car naman myself. But she still insisted, so I just let her. Alistaire can be pretty stubborn when it comes to things like this so I just let her be.

 

Sometimes I think to myself if it’s because she’s the oldest daughter in her family, or maybe it’s just her nature. But when she interacts with different people naman, she never does the same, especially her guy friends. I find it hilarious sometimes but I just let it be.

 

I love that I’m that special sa kan’ya.

 

“Hello there, gorgeous.” I greeted her casually as I sat on the passenger seat.

 

“Sino?” She replied, waiting for me to fasten my seatbelt.

 

“Ikaw.” She pointed at herself. Is there something wrong with my statement ba?

 

“Yes, you.” I added which had her chuckling to herself.

 

She still has her work clothes on, a polo shirt that had the company’s logo sitting on the left portion of the shirt’s upper chest. It honestly looks good on her, and I don’t think I’ve said it out loud pa and I’d like to take this chance to do so.

 

“‘Kala ko kausap mo sarili mo sa salamin po.” I just laughed at her remark.

 

“Why would I? But honestly, you rock that company uniform of yours. I like it on you.” I complimented her, not tearing my eyes away from her as she drove. And I witness her gradually turn redder as time passes by after I say those words, and it warms my heart.

 

That after years, I still have the same effect on her.

 

My words still weigh so much to her.

 

“Bili na ba ako ng madaming polo shirt?” She replied after a few minutes.

 

“I don’t mind. You look good.” If it was possible to turn redder, I guess she made it. Because I swear, I just watched her turn brighter red after that second statement I said.

 

“Masyado ka naman nagpapakilig, tama na please.” I laughed.

 

But amidst our talk, and laughter, her phone rang in a way that even she was surprised. It had a different ringtone than that of which she uses when she’s at work. It must be a family member.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter