Ikasampung Piyesa

Lagom.: SaKaLa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

I let out a sigh before stretching my limbs. I’ve been reading these piles of information for the past hours and I’m not even sure what time it is. But I’ve been informed naman by Alistaire kanina na she was going to sleep na and I should join her in a bit to rest however, with the remaining stack of papers that’s mocking my face right now, I’m not even sure if I can rest agad.

 

I stood from my seat and took a peek sa room namin ni Alistaire. She’s hugging my pillows again, and sprawled across the bed. I think I might have to wake her up if ever I’ll lie down sa tabi n’ya kasi she has occupied my side of the bed din.

 

I smiled at the sight before going back to where I was earlier.

 

“Yes, Dad?” I answered the call.

 

“I’ve transferred some money to your account, and about those shoes you were asking me to find for you?” 

 

“Thanks, Dad. Did you find it?” It was a bit out of the blue but I did ask him to find a certain pair of shoes.

 

“Yes, and I’ve mailed it to you na.”

 

“Thank you, Dad. I’m planning on surprising Alistaire kasi.” I responded nonchalantly.

 

“Oh? I thought it was for you, though I was a bit confused kasi you only bought one pair.”

 

“It was for Alistaire, but thank you!” I replied with a light giggle.

 

I’ve noticed Alistaire’s shoes a few times now but yesterday I got a closer look at them since she left them sitting by the living room. I knew it was worn out but I didn’t know it was that bad. And I saw her checking out a pair of similar color and brand last time though they were of different models.

 

I’ve always known about her love for sneakers since she usually checks them out online, especially if may new releases though she never really buys them. She said kasi, she’s saving up for other more important things.

 

“When will you let me meet that wife of yours ba?” Huh?

 

“Wife?”

 

“Yes…? Alistaire? Is she not your wife?”

 

Wife!?

 

I mean, I’ve hinted the idea of it to her but I think she’s not yet ready for that kind of conversation though I’m a bit frustrated about it. I can’t force her into things naman na she’s not ready pa.

 

“No… I mean, not yet?”

 

“Oh wow, you’ve been talking about her for years, I’m surprised you two haven’t tied the knot yet.”

 

“I mean, I wish we could but it seems like she isn’t ready for that yet. Plus she prioritizes her career pa, she recently moved to a new job nga.” I replied and a pout formed on my lips immediately at the thought of being married to her.

 

It would definitely be nice.

 

“Well then inform me na lang so I can send my gifts to you two, I’ve been preparing it for a long time na.”

 

“Thanks, Dad.”

 

“I’ll drop this call na, take care, Winter Allison.”

 

“Yes, Dad, you too. Bye.”

 

I placed my phone on the table and let out another sigh.

 

I feel like I lost the will to read more files.

 

Why must Dad break that topic kasi! I mean, I get so frustrated din naman at times but I always think about how Alistaire is still maneuvering her way in her chosen field. She just left the house she grew up in, and it hasn’t been a year since she lived with me.

 

There hasn’t been enough room for her to breathe pa and I’m letting her adjust muna.

 

“Love, can you move a bit?” I asked softly as I stood beside the bed.

 

“Hm?” She did as told and welcomed me with a tight hug as I laid down beside her. She moved to her usual spot, the crook of my neck.

 

“Tapos ka na po sa readings mo?” Her voice was a bit more melodious than usual, probably asking me in her drowsy state.

 

“Not yet, I just lost the will to continue it.” I replied and hugged her back.

 

“Continue mo na lang po mamaya, sleep na tayo.” I smiled upon the feeling of her lips faintly leaving a kiss on my neck before she went back to sleep again.

 

I’ll just think of everything again later.

 

~

 

I woke up to an empty bed.

 

And I’ve never felt more confused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter