Chapter 11

Love Fool || STAYC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She looks around her at the cafeteria, at the people busy enjoying their order. Then her eyes land on Jayun, Seeun, Chaeryeong and her uncle. She looks at her bag hung over her shoulder as well as her outfit before her eyes finally land on the similar height as hers figure in front of her. The familiar wavy orange hair falling on the girl's shoulder and making Sumin's heart beat just a little faster.

"Are we good to go?" She asks Sumin slowly.

Sumin bites her lips before she looks at her friends again, parting her lips a little hesitant.

"Yeah, just... give me a second. Uhm, uncle Ben, don't forget to lock the store once it's time to close. Chaeryeong don't forget to mop, Jayun-"

"You've told us what to do already about six times! Just go have fun with your date!" Seeun cuts Sumin off as she starts pushing her towards Sieun, almost making her land onto the girl. Sumin groans as she tries to break free from Seeun's neverending pushing.

"And stop being nervous around Sieun for once!" Jayun also scolds her.

"It's our first date as a couple, let me be as nervous as I want to be! Jeez!" Sumin grumbles as she finally breaks free from Seeun's pushing game and settles her bag a little on her shoulder yet again as Seeun has messed up her appearance a little making her bag slip past her shoulder. She then raises her head only to be faced with Sieun way closer than before. She gulps hard, taking in the girl's beauty from up this close. The girl's caramel eyes that Sumin has fallen in love with for so many years, those eyes that would always make her weak to her knees and her heart to melt, stomach to tighten and body temperature to rise up sharply. The girl's soft facial expressions along with her heart shaped pink lips made Sumin's heart warm up just a little more, fluttering yet again as it always does.

"Can we go now?" Sieun says again, pretending not to have noticed Sumin's nervousness as well as letting aside the fact that they've all been talking about her and about Sumin's nervousness towards her right in front of her.

Sumin takes a deep breath almost holding her breath in the process as she nods her head awkwardly.

"Hold her hand, idiot!" Jayun tells her and holds Seeun's hand, showing their holding hands to Sumin as in to show her what she's supposed to do or how to do it.

Sumin glares at her as her cheeks warm up, totally embarrassed. She frowns before she parts her lips about to scold her for embarrassing her when Sieun actually reaches out first and holds Sumin's hand.

"Sumin, I'm hungry." She reminds Sumin softly and the girl sighs in defeat.

"There you go! Finally holding hands! Can't believe Sieun unnie actually had to do it. Gosh Sumin unnie is such a coward!" Jayun exclaims.

"Yeah, and to think that she's actually topping Sieun in bed... that's crazy!" Seeun also comments and Sumin swears her ears are red by now. She trips over her own feet as she wants to scold them yet again but Sieun leads their way out of the cafeteria without leaving Sumin any other choice but to follow her.

"You know how our friends are. Don't mind them." Sieun tells Sumin once they're out of the cafeteria as she slows down her steps and turns to look at Sumin, making sure the girl looks alright and is walking by her side rather than struggling to follow her from behind.

Sumin hums slowly, not wanting to invest on this topic any longer, already feeling slightly embarrassed. Sieun understands her, to be honest, so she doesn't pressure her about it. If anything, she's actually a little glad to see her this upset towards their friends teasing them as this means that Sumin still wants to have a good appeal to Sieun, look all charming and such. And that definitely used to be Sumin's image back in high school too. Maybe it wasn't aimed at Sieun back then and it was an overall image that Sumin used to have adopted for herself, never wanting to be humiliated by anyone and always wanting to look charming and have a hold of the situation.

They enter a restaurant of their choice, one they used to visit a lot as younger ones and soon the memories and familiarity of the place catch up to them.

"I haven't visited that place in years!" Sieun exclaims as she looks around, both of them having found their usual table and having just sat down —after struggling a little to find it since the place has changed a lot ever since.

"Me neither." Sumin mumbles and Sieun shoots her a look.

"Should I ask you why or is it pretty obvious?"

"I believe it's obvious." Sumin replies shortly, looking elsewhere but Sieun, not wanting to admit her defeat in that topic. That she was weak and devastated that Sieun had left, that she had a hard time without Sieun, that she missed her badly and that that place hurt and didn't feel the same anymore without Sieun around so that was why Sumin hadn't visited it again.

"I missed you too. You don't have to pretend like you didn't, you know." Sieun reminds Sumin softly as her hand reaches out to hold Sumin's. It's only their first date after a few days of them both confessing their feelings to each other and getting together so some things are still pretty awkward between them as Sieun still has a lot of things to remind Sumin as the girl seems to be way too used to her defensive mode towards her. It almost seems like being defensive towards Sieun has been deeply rooted within her.

Soon the waitress comes to take their order and Sumin takes her hand away, getting them both to hold the menu as she fiddles with her fingers awkwardly, not seeming to know what to do with them. Sieun only shoots her a bittersweet smile and sympathetic eyes and once they finish ordering she finally leans closer saying,

"I'm starting to believe that you didn't mean your words the other day."

"What makes you believe that? Because I still can't hold your hand in public? Do you think I'm afraid of showing you off as my girlfriend?" Sumim asks as she furrows her eyebrows, also leaning closer, her defensive mode showing up strongly yet again. Sieun sighs a little, struggling to find the right words to say and fighting the urge of quipping back at her with the same tone, knowing that this wouldn't end well. She has to stay calm and soft in order to help Sumin realize that she's not her enemy anymore. This is something they really need to work hard on until Sumin gets familiar with the fact that they're girlfriends, they both love each other so they can be all cuddly and cute and nice to each other instead of arguing nonstop.

"Have I ever made you think of that? I thought I was always pretty open about the fact that I liked girls back in high school." Sumin adds.

"That's not it. You just seem way too uptight ever since earlier this afternoon. We agreed on this date together and you looked happy and excited about it in the morning so what's the problem now?" Sieun asks, trying to explain her thoughts.

Sumin sighs a little, still looking at her hand lost as the shiver sensation and warmth in her hand lingers still, making her feel sick, somehow. How could she explain to Sieun that she's too weak just by a look in the eye and a hold of their hands? That she's not used to it but wants it so bad?

"I just need a bit of time to get used to this. Us, being girlfriends and not enemies. That's all." Sumin confesses as much simply as possible.

"For someone who has made love to me twice you surely are weird for wanting to take things slowly now. You sure are a complicated one." Sieun says but smiles, not seeming to mind that Sumin is indeed very complicated as a person. Meanwhile Sumin's heart beats rapidly in her chest, the familiar warmth spreading all over her heart and body as memories of a few days ago flash right before her eyes making her shiver and feel all nervous. Sieun is either oblivious to what she's doing to her just by mentioning it or she's doing it on purpose knowing very well what her words are causing to Sumin.

"Well that's me." Sumin responds shortly before she sips from her glass of water, trying to calm herself down.

"And I like you for being you." Sieun says confidently, smiling brightly. Sumin almost chokes on her water, realizing once again that this confident, soft and flirty side of Sieun is killing way too much. Sieun giggles softly at Sumin's struggle of not choking and dying.

"It feels good when I'm able to read you."

"Really? What am I thinking now then?" Sumin decides to tease Sieun as she crosses her arms to her chest once she's regained her breathing and has stopped almost dying.

"That you want to chop off my head?" Sieun takes a guess. Sumin laughs softly.

"Wild guess. Close enough. But that's not it." She teases, deciding not to reveal the answer, wanting some mystery in the atmosphere as well for Sieun to ask her about it.

"Alright, smartass. What are you thinking then?"

Sumin leans closer with a knowing smirk, her words coming out slow, in almost a whisper as she takes that familiar seducing tone saying,

"I'm thinking about... you. . In my bed. I'm thinking of touching you, on your neck, your collarbones, your-"

"Enough! Jeez you erted!" Sieun exclaims as she moves back, her hands hugging her waist as in to somehow hide her chest even if she's fully dressed, knowing very well that Sumin's next words would be related about her chest, judging from how much she's shown her liking on it from the two times they've made love. Even if she's fully dressed she still feels fully exposed somehow, though she's not shy around Sumin, still, she knows Sumin is teasing her so she doesn't want to satisfy her at all now, as the stubborn one that she also is.

"I'm joking, Sieun." Sumin says before she sticks out her tongue to Sieun who sighs softly.

"Oh hello there. Look who we've got here." Ryujin says in her own cheerful voice as she stops by their table, her hand resting on Sumin's shoulder. Sumin turns to look at her, slightly surprised to see her before she forms a smile.

"Hey!" She greets.

"Long time no see."

"Indeed."

"Where have you been lost again? Looks like it's a habit of yours, always leaving me wondering where the hell you get yourself lost."

"Sorry. I'm not that good with keeping in touch. I always get so busy with stuff." Sumin explains, scratching the back of her head, feeling actually sorry and guilty for not having kept in touch with her friend. Ryujin forms a cheerful, light smile, totally not being mad at Sumin's absence all this time.

"I know. As I also know how awkward you get with touching." Ryujin teases Sumin, referring to the "keep in touch" phrase as she winks at Sumin.

"I hate you." Sumin replies back with the same light teasing tone.

"Likewise. Didn't know you're actually capable of going out of your cave. I thought the cafeteria was your only exception." Sumin smiles as she shakes her head before she hits her fists on Ryujin's as in to greet her, their own friendly handshake.

"Well, I do go out, sometimes."

"I can tell. Didn't know you could handle being at the same table with her, though." Ryujin says as her eyes land on Sieun by the mention of "her" and Sieun purses her lips, staring at Ryujin sharply, totally not liking being mentioned as "her" as if she some annoying or something.

"A lot of things have changed since the last time you saw Sumin." Sieun finally speaks up as she leans closer towards Sumin, her intimidating strong stare challenging Ryujin who doesn't back down that easily and for a few long seconds they only stare at each other which makes Sumin feel slightly awkward.

"Mind enlightening me then?" Ryujin says, her smirk never leaving her lips as her hand hugs Sumin's shoulder more, somehow making Sieun furious as her stare on Ryujin ends up being a challenging glare.

Sumin parts her lips, not sure from where to start or how to say what has happened during this period of time that she hasn't seen Ryujin but Sieun beats her to it, speaking first.

"Sumin is my girlfriend." She says, plain and simple, her voice never cracking or stuttering or seeming nervous as her hand comes to hold Sumin's, her eyes never leaving Ryujin's, as if she's somehow trying to convey her inner thoughts of telling Ryujin to back down through her stare, in a way.

Sumin gasps softly, her cheeks warming up along with her ears, not having expected such a statement to come out this blatantly, having obviously a hard time breathing and calming down, suddenly getting a little shy by Sieun's confident side.

"Is that so?" Ryujin asks as she turns to look at Sumin who nods her head slowly, not trusting her words at this moment.

"Oh my ing goodness! You finally did it!" Ryujin's challenging side fades away as her friendly, cool character returns. She then starts congratulating her friend as she hugs her tightly and pats her back making Sieun wonder just how much Ryujin knew or for how long...

"If you keep embarrassing me like this I'll cut all ties with you." Sumin threatens as she tries to push Ryujin away.

"No you won't. You can't." Sumin lets her shoulders hang low as she sighs in defeat. Of course these are all empty threats as she could never mean them. Sieun giggles softly as she stares at the two, actually feeling a little more relaxed now, finding Sumin's struggle and embarrassment a little funny.

"Gosh I hate this. Everyone loves teasing me while no one teases you!" Sumin grumbles as she glares at Sieun who laughs again.

"That's because you're easy to tease." Sumin sighs in defeat as Ryujin laughs and lets her go.

"Alright. I'll leave you two alone to enjoy your date. Don't forget to tell me everything in detail later, Sum." Ryujin saus, then winks at Sumin, waves goodbye at the two and leaves.

Sumin sighs as she fixes her clothes and sits back down properly before she stares at Sieun deadpan.

"What are you smiling at?" Sumin scoffs.

"Nothing. You're just so cute and adorable when you're pissed or embarrassed." Sieun admits. Sumin rolls her eyes, but actually ends up smiling too, liking the compliment. The younger version of her would definitely scold her for liking being called cute but she's not the immature younger version of her anymore who liked being tough and cold. She's older now, and no matter how tough she acts, deep down she just wants to be showered with love.

"I like it." Sieun adds which makes Sumin smile even more, resting her cheeks on her hands as she tries hiding her smile but fails.

"And now you're just so cute that I want to kiss you." Sumin gulps softly before she bites her lips at the mere thought of a kiss. Right. They're a couple, of course kissing is something normal and something a couple does very often. She has to remind herself some common things that people usually don't remind to themselves and just do naturally because well Sumin isn't used to it yet.

"Uh, we can do that later. I guess." She mumbles softly, not sure if they should kiss in the middle of a restaurant. Sieun smiles and nods her head, understanding the situation.

"We used to hang out a lot in here." She says, changing the topic as she looks around her at the new arrangement the restaurant now has.

"It surely looks way different than it used to. Must be way more popular now too." Sumin hums in response before she adds,

"I've passed by a few times but was never brave enough to enter I suppose. Either way, it was always packed and bust." Sumin comments and Sieun nods her head. Soon enough the waitress arrives back to their table with their orders and soon the two get back to eating and talking comfortably, sharing memories of the past.

Soon, it gets dark, and late and they're both just a little softer than how the date has started. Math that's because they've spent hours talking and staring at each other but maybe it was also with the help of the little amount of alcohol that they've drunk. Sumin isn't drunk, as she rarely ever gets drunk so she's still sober enough to drive them back home, but she's surely way more loose than how she started, her hand slipping in Sieun's and holds it firmly without second thoughts or feeling too awkward. Maybe Sieun has teaser her earlier that night that she's a pretty awkward girlfriend and date but now the awkward Sumin is totally gone as she's replaced with a more comfortable and soft one, one that used to have heart to heart talks and meaningful moments with Sieun back in high school whenever they would hang out after midnight that was.

She smiles softly, feeling actually happy that she's walking hand in hand with Sieun, having the girl she loves the most by her side, so close to her. She leads the way until the spot where she's parked her car. The two enter it but Sumin doesn't start the engine just yet, sighing softly.

"Honestly... I don't want this date to end yet." She confesses as she remembers how busy with work she's good to be the following day while Sieun would be busy with college and it would take them a long time through the day until they would see each other. Maybe they would even meet by the end of the day, at night, even.

"I don't either. But it's not like I won't see you ever again. You're always going to be somewhere around here." Sieun says, smiling softly in order to make Sumin feel slightly better.

Sumin sighs softly before she squeezes Sieun's hand softly and then brings it to her lips. She's not that good with showing affection for sure but after a few drinks and hanging out for such a long time with Sieun she feels a little closer with the girl, the girl's company, softness and stares making her want to do a lot of things that she originally wouldn't.

"I loved our date tonight." She says, wanting Sieun to know. Sieun smiles from ear to ear, pleased to hear that.

"I loved it too."

Sumin nods to herself before she starts the car but doesn't lead them back home just yet. Instead, she takes a longer route as she wants to enjoy the night view of their city along with Sieun. She just really doesn't want her date with Sieun to end which makes Sieun chuckle a little but she makes sure to enjoy their long ride back home.

Once they reach home, Sumin leads the way once again, linking their hands loosely but naturally even if it's only her second time holding Sieun's hand. At first she's been hesitant because holding hands and overall touching is something Sumin could never bear with anyone no matter what but Sieun... Sumin badly wants to hold and touch Sieun as the sensation is too strong for her to resist and the feeling is too thrilling to deny.

They climb up the stairs and once they reach Sumin's door Sumin pauses a little before she turns to look at Sieun, not opening yet.

"When I first let you live with me I thought that it was going to be the worst period of my life. My peace and quiet was ruined, my sleep was cut short, my mood has been messed up, my schedule has been ed up and my feelings have turned upside down. You surely turned my world upside down with your arrival because I wasn't expecting it. I didn't want you around because you were something new and foreign but also something old and familiar. I didn't want you around because you were messing up what I've built with so much pain and effort all those years. You were breaking through the walls I've settled." Sumin explains before she reaches out to rest her palm on Sieun's cheek, smiling softly, not wanting to see the gloomy expression on Sieun's face any longer as she continues.

"Now I'm glad you're living with me. Now I like returning home with you or returning home to you. Now I like waking up and having you around. Maybe I'm not showing it much and maybe I'm awkward, but I do love you a lot Sieun. I suffered all this time without you, I hope you won't doubt my feelings for you again." Sumin explains, actually still feeling a little sad and disappointed that Sieun has doubted her earlier.

"I'm sorry. I won't do that again. I will try my hardest to trust you as much as possible. Though you've been pushing me away for so long now so you can't blame me for also taking my time to get used to this." Sumin nods her head mumbling,

"It's only fair then." She then unlocks the door as the two enter the apartment. It's completely dark inside and for a couple of seconds Sumin gets carried away from her very own feelings. It still feels unfamiliar but somehow very familiar. She used to let out a heavy sigh once she would return home alone all those years, memories would flash right before her eyes as she would miss Sieun too much and wonder what the girl had been up to. She would get tired and wonder if what she's doing is the right thing. Once she would return home she would be left alone with the darkness of her apartment and her true feelings and thoughts that she's been pushing all day long. She would end up either drinking alone on her couch and staring at the TV for hours or she would slide down behind her closed door and cry for hours until she would get too tired and would go immediately to bed to sleep off her sadness.

It's different now though. It surely is. Her hardships are over. She's not returning home to an empty house, she's not alone anymore and her wildest dreams have come to reality as she's indeed dating Sieun now. It feels... new, foreign, but also familiar as she's been close with Sieun for so many years before they got separated. She used to be angry at the girl all this time thinking that Sieun indeed pushed her away and forgot about her while in reality Sieun didn't want to leave and didn't push her away. She only did it that night because she didn't want them both to get hurt more. So thinking that Sieun loved her back all this time...

It makes all their past moments look different now, in Sumin's eyes. She feels loved, and cared for, and definitely not alone.

She turns to look at Sieun slowly, seeing the girl talk off her shoes.

"Sieun?"

Sieun raises her head to look at her, eyes staring right deep inside Sumin's as if Sumin is her whole world and as if Sieun is paying her whole attention to Sumin and only, waiting for her to speak up —which all are true by the way. Sumin smiles softly, loving the cute focused on her expression that Sieun has right now.

"Are you going to stay?" Sumin asks the real question that she's been afraid of the answer to. She can't allow herself to fall in love with Sieun fully, to trust her, to build a life with her, to make dreams with her if Sieun is planning to leave again because then Sumin will be left alone and hurt for the second time and she's not sure if she will be able to ever heal after that. She's already struggling to heal from the first time, she surely doesn't want to experience a second one that would totally be the last one and the end of her...

She doesn't need to explain the question more. Sieu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter