003; last 22 and first 23

falling for you [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Why are we here at Lotte World again?" Kierra questioned with a disbelief look and tone as the quartet arrived at the recreation complex a couple days later.

"Especially on the last day of the year. Y'all know how it gets, right?"

She eyed Melanie and Linna.

"Couldn't we have gone to Lotte World Tower or COEX to see fireworks instead?"

Kierra looked around them at the large crowd coming and going about the theme park.

"I mean, we've already been here and don't really need to check it out further."

"Yeah. Did y'all didn't forget how some people have said it gets super crowded here around December, right?" Serena added, mirroring Kierra's expression.

"Heck, even SEOULIGHT would have been better to see a cool light display than Lotte World's rides and such. It's kind of a hassle."

The duo still continued to slightly complained about having to spend their last hours out and about on the last day of 2022.

"Also," Serena began, "I'm sure the two of you didn't forget that I clearly told y'all that I was gonna sleep in on the new year, too."

"That doesn't sound so bad because I really don't have time for this, but I do got the time to sleep though." Kierra added with a laugh.

"Oh, we'll be fine." The younger two dismissed their sisters' words.

"Let's just have a little fun before the year ends since we always went home for the holidays." Linna reasoned.

"It is our first time to spend it like this in general?"

"Yeah, it is." Melanie agreed while shooting the older two a look.

"Even if it's crowded, it's not like we do this all the time. So, let's just have some fun for tonight, yeah?"

The younger two convinced the older two to spend their last hours at the popular theme park again since everyone else had already made their own plans on how to spend the last day of the twenty-twenty-two year. Unknown to Kierra and Serena, but Linna and Melanie had planned ahead of time with Woojoo, Sujin, and others, to spend the last day of the year with one another despite the traffic.

"Hi!" Woojoo and Sujin greeted the cousins as they hugged one another.

"So glad to see y'all!"

"Now that we're all here, let's go inside." Sujin said as Woojoo pointed a thumb over her shoulders.

"Also, we're sorry for not notifying y'all earlier about the others tagging along."

"Huh?"

The quartet titled their heads upon hearing that.

"What do you mean?" Kierra questioned.

The four looked to where Woojoo had pointed to an even larger party than last time. They all waved and greeted one another out of politeness and friendliness.

"Yeah, well," Sujin began, "Woojoo and I were talking about it the other day and our brothers overheard us."

"But we were talking quietly yet they still heard us somehow." Woojoo reasoned with an apologetic look.

"It's all good." The quartet dismissed as they made their way towards them.

The others continued on with Serena and Kierra trailing behind just a bit slower than the four, not all that excited to spend their last day at an amusement park.

"So, are you gonna give Eunchan back his hoodie?" Kierra asked her cousin.

Serena looked down at the red hoodie she wore over a thermal longsleeve sweatshirt and shook her head with a small laugh.

"No, but I did give back his sweats though."

The other day, Serena had clumsily spilled cold coffee over her uniform. Yet, her other clothes were damped upon leaving an ajar water bottled with them, causing her to borrow clothes from Eunchan who was the only that had something to spare. 

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. I'll give it back if he asks, but if he doesn't, then I'm gonna keep it longer."

"Wow."

Serena then cast her cousin a playful look.

"Enough about me. So, now that Jay's also here, are you and him gonna have more couple moments before this year ends?"

Kierra scowled upon remembering her last photography assignment before winter break started.

"Ugh. I rather not."

"Are you sure? Because they came out nicely and you didn't even give him copies of it."

"I'm not planning on it any time soon either."

"But like you can totally make a small photobook, especially with my words included."

"Yeah, I know you woulld think so. Besides, I told you not to bring that up."

"It's not fun if I don't tease you back."

"You're a jerk."

"Takes one to know one."

"Touche."

The two shared a giggle or two amongsts them.

"What are you two talking about?" Another friend, Huh Yunjin, asked, coming up to the two and interlocking her arms with each of them.

"On how much sweets we're gonna buy for ourselves." They chimed at the same time.

The two glanced at one another, impressed, as how scary it is at times when they reply at the same time with the same things.

"Ooh, yeah. They have some nice selections." Yunjin commented with a smile.

"Let's go."

She dragged the other two along with her to follow after the others to meet up with the rest of the much larger group.

"Hi!" Another friend, Lee Seoyeon, greeted the quartet enthusiastically as she hugged the cousins while agressively hugging Kierra and Serena.

"Y'all need the most since y'all act like you don't like my hugs."

"We don't." They chimed again in sync as they laughed while Seoyeon giggled anyway.

"Yeah, right."

She later changed the topic.

"Anyway, just wanna let you know that I'm currently dating Choi Seokjun."

She became shy when the cousins upon finally learning that the two actually confirming their low-key relationship. Serena looked from Seoyeon then at the large crowd before voicing out something.

"Don't tell me this is another one of those group dates y'all got planned out or whatever like last time?"

"It's not!" Seoyeon responded with a laugh as she reassured her two friends.

"It's not like that at all. We all just happen to plan something similiar and went with this idea for all of us to hang out in a sense."

"I see, but keep all your lovey-dovey to yourselves though."

Serena gave her a look as Kierra nodded.

"What Jinae said."

"I know, but don't worry." Seoyeon reassured them.

"Yeah, don't try to set us up either."

Kierra eyed her as Seoyeon laughed.

"We won't and thanks!"

The group finally entered the amusement park with several of them splitting into smaller groups soon afterwards to do whatever is that they wanted to do first.

"Sunghoon is really good at ice skating." Melanie commented as she and Linna watched the male gliding around the ice rink, effortlessly.

"Yeah, he is." Linna agreed, slightly in awe.

"I heard that he's been skating since he was younger and even wanted to be a figure skater, too."

"Oh, nice. He has the form and skills for it."

"Mmhmm."

The pair were taking a break after returning their skates while watching their other friends either on the ice rink or around the place. Their sisters went off with Sunoo, Jungwon, and a few others to buy some headbands and other merchandise.

"You should confess." Melanie commented after a moment of silence.

She noticed how her cousin was watching Sunghoon's figure throughout the ice rink despite many others being on ice with him.

"Yeah, right."

"I mean, you would rather admit your feelings instead of having regrets, right. Yeah?"

"I guess, but I dunno."

Linna sighed while watching Sunghoon skate with the others.

"I feel like he likes someone else."

"Who?"

"I dunno. Just a feeling."

"Well, it could still be you." Melanie suggested in a matter-of-fact tone as Linna scoffed.

"Yeah, right."

Linna redirected the conversation elsewhere.

"Fine, then. What about you?"

"What about me?"

Melanie cast Linna with a puzzled look.

"Are you gonna confess to Jake any time soon" 

Melanie rolled her eyes with a scoff.

"We're not even like that."

"But you never know."

"But I do know."

"How so?"

Melanie let out a huff before lifting two fingers while speaking.

"One, he and I are just school mates and two, he just tutors me in math."

She cast her cousin with a pointed look.

"There's really nothing else there and I honestly don't really see him like that despite him being attractive and is a fun guy to be around, but we don't really hang out though outside of all that."

"Why not though? I mean, he's been your tutor for like three years and y'all never thought to hang out?"

Melanie shrugged.

"Dunno, but other than that, unlike you and Sunghoon, I don't really have a crush on the guy."

Linna really doesn't believe her cousin's words.

"Nah. There has got to be something going on between the two of you."

"Honestly, there isn't."

"I feel like there is."

"That's just you then."

Before Linna could counter, Yunjin and another friend, Bae Sungyeon, suddenly joined the two in their English conversation as they sat on either side of the two. The two's English names were Jennifer and Shannon, respectively.

"Hey, so what are you two talking about?" Sungyeon inquired with a michievous look.

"Something interesting?"

"Nothing." The pair responded as Sungyeon rolled her eyes, but didn't replied.

Yunjin responded instead.

"Yeah, right. I saw Yiseul staring intensely at Sunghoon earlier."

The quartet's eyes focused on the ice rink, locating the said male with Jake, Ni-Ki, and several others.

"Yiseul has a major crush, but won't act upon it."

Yu

Please log in to read the full chapter