013; auditions

falling for you [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Audition day finally rolled around Sunday morning on the sixteenth, and two of the five weren't thrill to be at their school's auditorium so early in the morning.

"This is still so early, bro." Serena said in-between a yawn while slouching in her seat as Kierra did the same.

"Yeah, for real. Why do we need to be here so early though?"

"The turnout to be more than last year and so auditions is all morning until late evening." Jiwoo replied with a slight chuckle.

"My bad I really thought I mentioned it in the chat a few days ago."

"It's fine."

The group of five looked about them noticing the audition filling up save a few seats here and there. Seohoo would be joining them later as he missed his bus. The five continued talking, wondering how many acts were actually going to perform today and if the ones in charge of the event were going to be picky or not.

"Hello everyone and thank you all for joining us this morning for auditions."

Alice, the overall person in charged of the talent, stood on stage to welcome the participants getting the attention of everyone present. She then motioned for several more people to join her.

"This year joining me in the selection for those to participate in our April's Talent Show are Yooyoung, Nara, Haley, Yoonjo, Yeoreum, Ara, and Seoyoung. This will go by quickly with more people this year, so please be mindful of us and we'll be mindful of you."

The other seven introduced themselves before walking off the stage and down the area where several tables were set up like booths.

"Anyway, I'm going to divide you guys into certain sections before your audition. When I call out each act, please make your way to one of the seven booths quietly and without disturbances led by one of them." Alice explained while holding several pieces of paper and motioning to the tables.

"Please pay attention as once you move over to your assigned area where Haley, Yooyoung, and the others will hand you your nametags and other information. When everyone is settled the auditions will start at nine."

Name by name were called out as the auditionees listened attentively for their name and where to line up. Soon enough the participants moved from their seats to collect their nametags and learned at what time they would be doing their auditions. The friends awaited for their group name, Color Me Pretty, to be call upon. In the end, the cousins allowed Jiwoo to choose both the name and the song. Again, believing this was more about her than them. As for the cousins' team with Seohoo, he messaged them that he was on his way over along with the team name they would be going by, Minam Dang, if he doesn't arrive in time.

"One, two," Jiwoo began before the five finished as a group, "We are GIRLS' WISHES ! Hello!"

The cousins performed first with Jiwoo while they'll perform with Seohoo a few acts after this.

"I'm Lee Jiwoo.

"I'm Park Jinae."

"I'm Jung Yiseul."

"I'm Park Chaewon."

"And I'm Jung Hayoun."

Jiwoo continued speaking.

"We'lll be performing Mr.Mr so please watch over us kindly."

Soon the quintet went into formation and performed for the judges.

"Alright, thank you so much for your audition, Color Me Pretty." Alice thanked them with a smile while writing on the clipboard before her.

She then glanced at the others.

"Would you guys like to say anything?"

The others shook their heads before Alice faced the five again.

"Thank you once again for participating. Results will be posted soon, so check our school website for that or the forum's bulletin board. Have a good rest of your day."

"Thank you." The five thanked them as they bowed before walking off and handling all the items back to the staff.

"One, two," Seohoo began as they finished as a group, "We're Minam Dang and we'll be doing Hold On Tight."

Seohoo became main vocals as he was the one that wanted to partake in the talent show while the others decided to play an instrument. Linna on guitar, Serena on bass, Melanie on drums, and Kierra on syntheziers to form a band instead. One by one they introduced themselves and their instruments.

"Seohoo on vocals!"

"Jinae on bass!"

"Yiseul on guitar!"

"Hayoun on synthesizers!"

"Chaewon on drums!"

Seohoo continued speaking.

"Please watch over us kindly and enjoy the show!"

"Thank you and ready whenever you are." Alice announced as she and the other judges awaited for Minam Dang's performance.

Seohoo looked at the others as they nodded, indicating they were ready whenever he was ready. Soon after, they finished as they awaited the judges' commentary.

"Wha, that's such a great song. Great performance." Seoyoung commented happily before Alice could ask the team for their input.

Everyone laughed as Seoyoung shied away.

"I'm done. That's all I wanna say."

"Okay, that's fine. Anyone else?"

Alice looked around at the other judges as they shook their heads. Alice focused on the five again.

"Alright, that's it. Thank you for participating and results will be posted soon on our school website and the bulletin board. Have a good rest of your day."

The friends left and chit chat for a bit as Seohoo excused himself to meet up with his other friends who were done with their own auditions or dance practices.

"So, what now?" Serena asked the other three as they stood outside their school's auditorium while figuring out what to do next as they were free.

"Oh, Woojoo and Sujin sent a message." Melanie perked up, checking her phone.

"They wanna meet up."

"What room did they say they were in again?" Kierra asked as Sujin replied.

"They said they were in the further room to the right."

The group of friends walked down the hallway of the dance department as Sujin and Woojoo wanted to watch their brothers practice, but didn't want to go alone and messaged the cousins in hopes they could join them. So here they all were with Woojoo knocking on the door, but no response. It might've been due to the loud music playing, but they weren't sure as there were no windows to spy in to check on them. Melanie grabbed the doorknob and opened the door to all of them witnessing a few showing off their muscles. The four were Jake, Sunghoon, Jay, and K although K had shown a little more than just his arm.

"Ooh." Serena cooed teasingly as she nudged Melanie playfully as Melanie nudged her back, shyly.

"Stop."

"Good choice." Kierra commented teasingly as she nudged Linna just as playfully, but she nudged her back equally.

"Don't forget that you're in the same boat."

"PARK JINAE!" Jungwon shouted unexpectedly as he charged towards Serena with a playful look.

Before Serena could move out of the way, Jungwon pounced on her and the two tumbled to the ground.

"Yah! Sujin's like right there!" Serena softly cried as Jungwon laughed while the onlookers watched them playfully wrestle.

"Because you have a better response than my sister."

"What are you trying to say, Jungwon? Huh?"

Sujin lightly kicked Jungwon as he laughed in response while Serena tried to get out of the male's grip.

"When did you stronger, huh?"

The two continued to wrestle as everyone else minded their own business.

"So, what are y'all doing here?" K asked as Woojoo replied.

"To see y'all practice. Sunoo and Jungwon messaged me and Sujin to come on over."

"Yeah, but did y'all bring snacks for us like I mentioned." Sunoo asked, reminding his sister.

"Oops. No. I forgot." Woojoo admitted with a laugh.

"My bad."

"Figures."

Before the Kim siblings could bicker, Serena announced something to the group to get Jungwon to let go of her.

"Yang Jungwon likes Park Chaewon!"

"What? No I don't!" Jungwon declined, releasing Serena in the process.

Everyone's attention focused on Jungwon as Serena took this opportunity to make her escape.

"Ha! I lied."

She ran out of the room, laughing with Jungwon giving chase for joking about something like his.

"Yah! Park Jinae! Get back here!" 

Everyone stared at one another confused with some laughing and some asking the other what just happened, although Melanie and Jake shared a look although Melanie couldn't decipher the way he stared at her. She averted her eyes to her cousins.

"Anyway, I think we'll be going now."

"Oh, yeah. Most definitely." Kierra agreed as Linna waved at the others.

"Buh-bye."

The trio rushed out of the room, following the other two as everyone glanced at one another with K speaking

"I guess practice is done for today then?"

"Maybe I should've gotten something to eat this morning, too." Serena mumbled to herself as she arrived at school earlier than usual.

She and Hyunkyung were meeting to study for their midterms happening this week as most of the classes were cancelled to make time for studying. So, besides that, Serena and the others used this time to practice for the talent show, too. Anyway, Serena was on her way towards the Central Library when she heard several loud voices in the distance. She looked over to see a group of girls were arguing when one was pushed to the grown. Serena immediately rushed over when recognizing the one that fell to be Jiwoo.

"How could you make it and we didn't?"

"Yeah! What did you do to buy your way in?!"

Two girls shouted as Serena pushed her way through the group and knelt down to check if her friend was okay.

"Are you okay?" Serena asked in concern while pulling Jiwoo to her feet and keeping them behind her while Serena faced the other girls.

She stared at the group with a dark look and realized they were Yuri, Nara, and Rika.

"What are you looking at?" Yuri snarled as Nara glared at Serena.

"Yeah, this doesn't concern you."

"It does now since Jiwoo is my friend."

The trio scoffed upon hearing that as Serena rolled her eyes and spoke in a neutral tone.

"Look, since y'all aren't friends anymore, then leave her alone."

Please log in to read the full chapter