015; act normal

falling for you [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Surprise!"

"Happy birthday, Jay!"

His friends cheered once Jay walked through his house's door.

"Way to go, birthday boy!"

Soon enough, everyone broke out into the birthday song as Jay smiled in shocked and appreciation before his face lit up upon a litted birthday cake being brought a few seconds later. More cheers sounded as they continued on with the celebration while the cousins moved from the crowd and to their own little huddle. A few of their friends kept Jay occupied before the event while the others either helped set up the place or bought food and desserts before Jay came home. So, it seemed the special day today was Jay's birthday. Kierra and Serena helped decorated the house and set up while Melanie and Linna unknowinly helped Jake and Sunghoon get the birthday cakes.

"Okay, let's go." Kierra urged as Serena shot her a mischievous look.

"You haven't even wished the birthday boy yet."

"Yeah, I did. From afar."

"That's mean." Linna and Melanie stated as Kierra shruged while Serena had wandered off to grab something to eat.

"Don't care."

"Anyway, why do you wanna leave so early though?" Linna questioned as Kierra shrugged.

"Because I say so."

"He looked happy seeing you though." Melanie said as Kierra rolled her eyes.

"You saw wrong."

Serena chuckled, causing the trio to look over at her once she returned and handed them each a cupcake of their own.

"What's so funny?" Melanie asked.

"Nothing."

Serena continued to surpress a laugh while eating a chocolate cupcake with purple frosting.

"Don't say anything." Kierra warned her which made the two younger ones look between them.

"So something is going on between you and Jay?" Linna probed, a bit teasingly.

"No."

"Are you sure?" Melanie cooed, joining in.

"I'm sure."

Serena giggled again while finishing the rest of her cupcake as Kierra glared at her.

"I swear, if you say something, I'ma hurt you."

Serena shrugged with a teasing smile as Kierra huffed, looking about them.

"He won't notice I'm gone anyway. There's so many people here."

"But they're not you." Serena remarked with a laugh as the other two giggled.

"Shut up."

Was all that Kierra could say to that. Serena directed the conversation elsewhere, now wanting to tease the younger two as she had noticed how they had shown up to the house with Jake and Sunghoon.

"Anyway, So, Chaewon, what's up with you and Jake, hmm?"

She glanced from her sister to her younger cousins.

"And the same with you and Sunghoon, Yiseul? Hmm?"

"Nothing!" Both answered too quickly while looking away.

"Oh?"

Kierra became focused on her sister and younger cousin now, wanting to tease them back.

"Spill."

"We'll tell you if you tell us." Linna bargained with a smirk as Kierra made a face.

"Anything, but that."

"It's the same thing." Melanie reasoned with an obvious tone.

"It's not."

"Technically, it is, but you're just in denial." Serena said with a chuckle as Kierra side-eyed her.

"I blame you."

"Yeah, right."

"Did you forget that you made the suggestion that he totally went with in the end without hesitation?"

"It was already on the list and I may have needed some inspiration of my own."

"Couldn't you have gathered some from your interactions with Heeseung or something instead?"

Melanie and Linna looked over at Serena.

"So, you do have something going with Heeseung then?" Melanie questioned with a playful tone.

"I knew your teasing of us will come back to bite you in the ."

Serena brushed her off, playing cool.

"Not even."

"Sure."

"Don't act like that." Kierra countered.

"I know there's something going on with you and him since y'all been interacting a lot lately, too."

"Ooh." The other two as Serena rolled her eyes, but shrugged nonchalantly even though she thought it may be true.

"Not even. Anyway," Serena cheekily glanced at Kierra while holding out a hand. "Show me the pictures."

Serena smiled while holding her hand out towards Kierra.

" no." Kierra declined.

"Oh, c'mon. You said you weren't fazed by the whole thing."

"I wasn't and all I had to do was act normal anyway."

"Okay, so then show me the pictures."

"No."

Kierra gave in.

"Ugh, fine."

Kierra brought her phone, went through until she found what she needed to, and handed it over to the trio.

"Ooh, so cute." The younger pair cooed as Serena chuckled.

Kierra silently groaned, crouched down, and hid her face.

"Ain't gonna lie, Hayoun, but you and Jay actually look like a real couple." Melanie mused.

"It's kinda cute to be honest."

"I know right. So natural." Serena said in a cheery tone as Kierra groaned.

"No we're not."

"To be honest, Hayoun, but Chaewon's right. Y'all look so natural in these photos." Linna commented with a giggle.

"Anyway, I like the one of you covering his face with your hand and your face being cut off though."

"This one seems real although you can't really tell who is who unless you stare closely at their faces." Melanie stated as Kierra looked up.

"He actually took that one." 

She laughed upon remembering that day.

"I moved at the last second and covered his face at the same time."

"So you did have fun taking these with him." Serena remarked in a playful tone.

Kierra glared at her.

"I think my favorite out of all of these is the one of him making a face and you hiding yours in a horizontal pose." Melanie mused while looking over at Kierra.

"Y'all got couple vibes without actually being one."

Melanie cousin.

"Or are you?"

"We're not a couple." Kierra groaned as the others laughed.

"Right. Anyway, Yiseul, go back. The one of them almost holding hands is my favorite."

"That one is cute!"

"Too bad it's not real."

"Shut up." Kierra groaned before recalling something.

"Hey, didn't you two have something to tell us, too?"

Both Melanie and Linna paused in their browsing before looking at one another, silently discussing who should say it.

"Well," Melanie drawled, "Yiseul and I are pretending to date Sunghoon and Jake, respectively."

Their sisters were surprised, but Serena's face lit up of possible story plots.

"Ooh, this is good, but why?"

"Honestly, it was because of Choi Rika."

"Honesetly, it was because of Kim Nara."

Linna and Melanie responded, respectively, before informing their sisters of the whole story from earlier today.

"The other thing, is that we were supposed to have a talk with Jake and Sunghoon."

"Yet we don't know when we're actually gonna talk about it."

Before Serena could start teasing all three of them about a triple date, they were soon interrupted by their friends.

"Why didn't y'all tell us that you're gonna perform in the April's Talent Show?" Jungwon questioned, glancing from one to the other.

"When did y'all even audition?"  Yunjin inquired, standing in-between Melanie and Linna.

"Does this mean I get to see Hayoun and Jinae all dressed up again?" Yeonjun mused, wrapping an arm around both of them.

"Just watched us perform that night." Serena replied, dismissing the whole thing nonchalantly.

"Besides, y'all should be asking about midterms and stuff." Linna reasoned with a laugh as Melanie agreed.

"Mmhmm. Our activities shouldn't even be a main focus right now."

"What we should focus on is Jay's birthday." Kierra announced with a bright smile.

"Now, let's go back to the party."

The friends returned to the celebration of Jay's birthday. Some time later through the night when Kierra found a moment to be alone with Jay, she wished him a happy birthday. She later informed him that she had a gift for him, but it wouldn't be ready until later and that'll she notified him when it's ready. Kierra actually went through all the photos from her assignments and put them together for Jay as a photobook. She just hoped to finished soon as it's already been a while to give it to thim.

"Please give a warm welcome to GEMSTONE!" One of the staff of the restaurant announced the quartet's new group name based upon Sujin's name meaning.

The quartet came onto the small stage of the restaurant which held other patrons besides Sujin's family and friends. They wore solid colors in long dress shirts, dress pants, and comfortable shoes to match their group name from head to toe and all you can really see were their mouths and hands. Woojoo wanted to surprised Sujin with a small performance since the restaurant allowed it for their friends' birthday. Also, it would be a great relief as midterms were over and a surprised for Sujin. The quartet had declined Sujin's invitation, stating they had work and were unable to get it off, but lied to give her these performances as a birthday gift.

"Ladies, please introduce yourselves."

As they introduced themselves, the quartet based their stage names on four particular gemstones that were considered precious, but in English instead of in Korean. It started from Serena, followed by Melanie, then Linna, and ending it with Kierra.

"I'm Emerald!"

"I'm Sapphire!"

"I'm Diamond!"

"I'm Ruby!"

"And we're GEMSTONE!" They finished as a group.

The crowd clapped after their introductions as the same staff continued speaking.

"GEMSTONE is here in celebration of Yang Sujin for her birthday!"

The crowd applauded and cheered once more before the same staff talked again.

"GEMSTONE will now be performing to an SM Dance Medley as well as singing a Disney Princesses Medley!"

Again, more cheers and applause as Linna spoke this time.

"Please watch over us kindly."

The cousins smiled and bowed before getting into their positions just as the first medley began to play. The quartet decided to do

Please log in to read the full chapter