027; boys boys boys

falling for you [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oh, Serena!"

Serena jerked awake upon hearing a familiar, belonging to Jeffrey as he entered her bedroom with the hallway light shining behind him. Serena eyed his silhouette in her drowsy state, groaned, and turned the other way and went back to bed despite the male switching on her lights a second later.

"Turn it off." Serena groaned again, covering her head with her blanket.

She had gone to bed around five in the morning, watching the High&Low series with Kierra on the phone so that they could fangirl together. It was late afternoon and Serena assumed she would not be disturbed, forgetting about the barbecue they were having tonight.

"Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty!" Jeffrey exclaimed with a laugh.

"No." Serena grumbled, clearly indicating she didn't want to be bother.

"C'mon, it's almost four-thirty. Or do you want me to wake you up with a kiss?"

"Gross. Take your kisses elsewhere."

She could hear Jeffrey laugh as he yanked the blanket off of her.

"The barbecue is about to happen and they're setting up the backyards."

Serena and Kierra's houses shared their backyards to create a bigger space for both their families and friends to enjoy themselves. Very convenient for events like this. Anyway, Serena sat up and tried to take back her blanket, but Jeffrey tossed it aside and instead picked up one of her stuffed animals to playfully hit her.

"You and Kierra are like this all the time."

"So?"

"So, c'mon and hang out longer with us. We even got fireworks to set off later"

"No. Go bother Kierra instead."

"Kenny got that covered."

"Y'all are so exhausting."

Serena let go of her blanket and lied back down.

"Leave me alone."

"Girl, if you don't get up, then I'm not paying for y'all's tattoos."

"That's fine. I'll pay it myself."

"Yeah, right. Not with my hook-up."

Serena sat up again and glared at her friend.

"I swear that y'all are still so annoying after being away."

Jeffrey laughed.

"Good. Anyway, Melanie and Evan are in the living room making various satay. Your mom wants to grill a lot."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Serena shooed him out of her room as she went to use the bathroom.

Just like Serena, Kierra found herself fending off Kenny's antics.

"Why can't y'all just let me sleep in?" Kierra cried in a whining tone.

"I heard you've been sleeping all summer." Kenny countered as he and Kierra played tug-of-war with her blanket.

"So? It's summer vacation. No school. Just relaxation and chilling. Besides, sleep is important."

"Yeah, but too much sleeping causes more issues." He countered before chuckling.

"Don't care."

"You'll have enough time to sleep when flying back to Seoul."

"I rather sleep now."

"That's why you and Serena are our Sleeping Beauties."

"I don't care and eww. Take that cringey out of here."

Kierra gave up on the tug-of-war and just went back to bed while using her pillows and plushies as a blanket instead. Kenny picked up one of her pillows and began softly hitting her with it instead.

"C'mon. Tommy and Simon got stuff to make s'mores."

"I don't really eat that stuff anyway."

"Patrick said he's bringing taiyaki from his work and Nick's gonna make jungle juice, too."

"Then save me some."

"Jackie and Victor rented a cotton candy machine, too."

"Then y'all can enjoy all that yourself."

"Girl, just get up and hang out with your family."

"You're just a family friend."

"Ouch."

Kierra chuckled in her sleep, but soon felt herself being lifted princess style and then being rolled over onto the floor.

"Oops."

Kenny sheepishly laughed as Kierra groaned, lifting herself to sit on her knees and glared at the older male.

"You're gonna need to work on that if you're ever gonna try to do that to your significant other in the future."

"I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stay single for a while."

"I can tell."

"Anyway, Linna and Daniel are making sotteoksotteok and dakkkochi and may need help."

"What are you doing?"

"I gotta go buy more drinks and ice with David. See you out there."

"Yeah, yeah."

Kierra waved him off as she stood up, stretching her body before using the bathroom.

"You're such a little , Evan." Melanie commented as she scrolled through her phone, seeing that Evan had taken several pictures and videos of himself along with the others on her phone.

The barbecue party was going well and just normal antics between them went on like the whole of summer vacation. The male parentals were chatting and cheering over beers while a game being played on TV in one of the houses whereas the mother parentals were playing cards inside the other house. As for all of the kids and young adults, they were chilling in the backyard doing their own thing. Currently, the quartet's friends, especially four particular ones, back in Seoul were watching the quartet's SNS updates at around nine in the morning and had come across Linna's Instagram story where Evan stole Linna's phone, too, and had filmed Melanie's reaction to what he did.

"I don't need your ugly taking up my phone's space."

"There's little kids here, Melanie."

"You are a little kid."

"No I'm not."

Evan faked cried as Melanie continued to ignore him, doing her own thing.

"Yeah you are."

"Shoot, I thought I was your favorite one, but you're so mean to me."

"Tch. I don't have any favorites."

Melanie stuck her tongue out at Evan, but realized that Evan was recording her on Linna's phone.

"You're such a brat. Linna! Come get your phone from Evan!"

The view shifted towards Linna now as attention went towards the pair.

"When did you take my phone, Evan?"

"When you were frying the egg rolls earlier."

"Wow. You better not have taken some weird on it."

"Like right now?"

Evan laughed before taking off running with Linna advancing towards him, angrily. The video ended with Evan tripping, dropping Linna's phone with her scolding him while taking her phone back, and ending the recording.

"Yo, do we still have more graham crackers? Victor and I want to make more s'mores." Jackie asked, coming up to the table.

"We're gonna use the blow torch this time since the fire takes too long."

"Blow torch?" Kierra and Serena questioned upon hearing that.

Jackie remained nonchalant as he nodded.

"Yeah. So do we still have some left over or nah?"

"I think there's som-"

Serena paused when she noticed Daniel filming her with her phone when she checked the table for the graham crackers. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Bruh, you better not have been streaming this whole thing live."

"No, never, Serena." Daniel denied with a laugh before changing the view of the camera's view onto him.

"Sorry, everyone, she found out."

"You little shi-"

"Gotta go!"

The Instagram live ended, but the clip was saved and added to Serena's account in a new highlight titled 'summer2023' to which Sunoo, Jungwon, and friends got done watching from Sujin and Woojoo's phones. The group of nine were at Sujin and Jungwon's grandmother's house to do a bit of summer cleaning as the Yang's parents were busy with work, leaving the siblings to ask their friends for assistance. The seven males were lounging around after rearranging the living room while the other two were helping the grandmother sort out her belongings in her bedroom. Currently, it was around two in the afternoon.

"Seems like they're having a lot of fun." Ni-Ki said in a nonchalant tone although he was observing four particular faces to see how they would react.

They didn't, but the other two did.

"Yeah. You see how big their backyard was?" Sunoo commented with widened eyes and making hand motions to indicate the size of it.

"Way bigger than what I'm used to seeing unless the neighbors share?"

"What time is it over there anyway?" Jungwon asked, looking at his friends, curiously.

"Seems pretty late on their end."

Even if a majority of them didn't understand something or what was going on and asked Jake or Jay for translations, there really wasn't much going on with the female quartet in their homeland. How they spent their summer holiday with others was basically the same thing if they were hanging out with their friends in Seoul.

"Ten-thirty-nine." Ni-Ki answered, checking his phone.

"No wonder they don't respond to us as much as before." Jungwon commented with a laugh.

"They're having too much fun with their family and friends."

Ni-Ki and Sunoo laughed, agreeing.

"Yeah, definitely a lot of fun, especially with their male companions."

"Oh, yeah, definitely. No wonder they can handle their own because of them."

However, the other four didn't comment and just nodded. Before Jungwon or Ni-Ki could ask their friends about their thoughts, knowing there was something going on with them and the female quartet, their attention shifted towards Sunoo when he ended up calling Kierra by accident.

"Oh, crap. I just video called Hayoun. What do I do?"

He panicked as the others quickly told him to end the calll, but she picked up. Well, more like someone else picked up than her.

"Oh, hello." Sunoo greeted the older man on the other end with his limited English speaking skills.

"Hi." The man greeted before turning his head to yell out for Kierra.

"Kierra!"

"Yeah?"

Came Kierra's reply in the distance.

"Your boyfriend's video calling you!"

"What boyfriend, Cory?"

Kierra neither confirmed or denied her friend's words, but continued speaking. 

"I thought I told you to check it, not answer it."

"Same thing."

Cory laughed as Kierra maneuvered her way on over towards him while he faced the front camera towards her instead of on him with a plate of taiyaki in hands.

"Oh, Sunoo, hi."

Kierra switched from English to Korean upon seeing her friend.

"What's up?"

Before Sunoo could reply, Cory immediately took over, speaking in Korean now.

"Are you her boyfriend?"

A mischievous smile appeared on Cory's face as he asked the question, hoping to get some type of tea from halfway around the world if the other four weren't gonna spill any. However, Kierra tried to swiped her phone back, but Cory stood, towering over her with her phone in the air above them.

"Oh, c'mon, Cory. Don't do that."

Kierra slightly jumped, trying to reach her mobile device as she still had a plate of food in hands. Still, Cory continued to while the seven could hear from the other end, unable to except for the dark sky and obscure surrounding.

"I'ma drop kick you when you leave tonight." Kierra threatened as Cory laughed before handing her phone back to her.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter