020; feels

falling for you [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Nara says that you and Sunghoon don't even act like a couple when he walks you to your classes."

Linna heard a female voice speak from behind her while washing her hands after using the toilet. She glanced up and used the mirror to talk to Rika without turning. Linna forgot that she had Nara in her classes.

"We prefer to keep things subtle as we're focusing more on our studies, too."

Linna had no clue how she could even remain calm and speak without showing that she was lying. She had to give major credits to her sister and cousin for low-key teaching her and Melanie this skill over the years. If not, Linna may have gotten caught way earlier than right now.

"Then why don't I ever see you at their dance events until now?"

Rika crossed her arms over her chest while glaring at Linna through the mirror still. Linna finished washing her hands, shook them in the sink, and went to dry them, still not bothering to face the other woman.

"I don't always have to go to his events or always stick to him like glue, Choi Rika. He knows that I'm supporting him from out of sight and that's all that matters."

Tonight was the Mini Dance Showcase before the main event in less than a month and Linna and the other three were hanging out with their friends before the actual performances. She had to use the toilet and knew she should've waited a little longer. Anyway, Linna cast Rika with a pointed look.

"Besides, why does it matter to you, Choi Rika, about my relationship with my boyfriend, when you're the one not dating him? Like, why are you so concerned about another woman's man? Shouldn't you be worrying about your own relationship with your boyfriend though?"

"Because I know that it can't be real as I've known him longer than you."

Linna inwardly groaned, automatically thinking of this moment as one of those cliche plots used in dramas and wished she wasn't even in one right now. Linna really didn't want to bother anymore with Rika as the others were still waiting for her to come out.

"Whether you've known someone longer or not, Choi Rika, that doesn't mean you have the right to decide what's right by them or not. The same with who can date or not date either. Because Park Sunghoon is his own person and if he wants to date me than you, then that's a 'you problem' that you need to fix and maybe even ask yourself about it."

Linna shot her with a smirk before walking past her. Rika silently fumed, knowing Linna was right, but hated her for it. Once Linna exited the bathrooms, she let out a relieved breath.

"You good?" Kierra asked her sister when she finally came out.

'Yeah, just some people hogging up the sink."

Linna didn't want to tell them just yet of her run-in with Rika as she knew they'll do something about it if Rika decides to do something. She already witnessed that first hand not that long ago.

"I know right." Melanie agreed.

"Anyway, let's go." Serena urged while motioning her head to leave.

"Gotta meet up with the others to run over some things."

"Go, Hyebi!" The dance team cheered in a large huddle.

Both males and females surrounded one another as they wished each other 'good luck'. The cousins did the same with those around them while psyching themselves up before their performances.

"Good luck, Hayoun." Jay wished Kierra, coming over to you with a reassuring smile.

"Uh, thanks, Jay. The same to you." Kierra responded, flashing him a small smile, welcoming the change of pace.

"Good luck, Chaewon." Jake said with a bright smile as Melanie smiled right back.

"Oh, thank you, Jake. You, too."

"Good luck, Yiseul." Sunghoon told Linna while coming up to her with a smile.

"Good luck to you, too, Sunghoon." Linna wished him back with a smile of her own.

"Good luck, Jinae. You got this." Heeseung cheered Serena on as she laughed with a nod.

"Ah, thank you, Heeseung,.Good luck to you as well."

The eight then wished the rest around them before they all went their separate ways to go about the show. Chaeyoung found the cousins shortly afterwards to brush up on the choreography and to go over any worries the four may have. And so, the Mini Dance Showcase went on, one by one with various performances from both the dance teams taking turns to show off their skills they've been practicing since the start of the spring term. Once the quartet were done with their performance, they decided to change out of their clothes to watch the rest of the showcase with their other friends and Seohoo in the crowd and cheer on the rest.

"I still don't believe that the two of you are dating, Park Chaewon." Nara confronted Melanie, alone, outside of the restroom.

Melanie needed to use the bathroom during the show and unfortunately ran into Hyewon when coming out.

"Okay, that's cool, Kim Nara."

Melanie really didn't have it in her to argue or even put up a fight with Nara after already dealing with her nonsense this whole semster. After Linna told them about her incident with Rika, Melanie thought she was prepared, but she was just more annoyed and tired than anything else. Nara blocked her path.

"I will be cheering the loudest for Jake and there's nothing you can do about it, Park Chaewon."

"Don't care. Go ahead. He knows what's up." Melanie dismissed her while walking away.

Nara shouted after her, annoyed.

"It isn't real and I will make him mine, Park Chaewon!"

Melanie casually glanced over her shoulder with a nonchalant look.

"Well, Kim Nara, hopefully your boyfriend doesn't mind you having another one."

Melanie gave her a peace sign while adding a few more choice words.

"Because I know Jake wouldn't like sharing his girlfriend with someone else."

Melanie flashed a smug smile, swiftly turned around, and disregarded the angry way Nara stomped her feet as she strutted off in the opposite direction. Melanie shook her head, bewildered, wondering if she should've came with the others to avoid something like this. Luckily, Nara didn't do anything, but still, it could've turned for the worst if her sister and cousins were with her, too.

"You good?" Linna asked when Melanie joined the rest.

"Yeah, just had a little run-in with Kim Nara just now."

"Just like me with Choi Rika."

"Something like that."

"Well, I'm glad you're good."

"Me, too, but hopefully nothing else happens or they're gonna have to answer to our sisters."

"For real and after the last encounter, I know their ready to throw hands to get them to back off for sure."

"Yeah, no kidding."

The two share a quiet giggle as they watch the rest of the performers dancing. However, their sisters cast them with puzzled looks while they shook their heads to indicate that it was nothing to worry about. Nearing the end of the mini showcase, the quartet's friends invited the four out for a small celebration, but the cousins declined as they already had plans with Seohoo which was just a sleepover with Lina and Dana joining them as well. Eunmi commented that she wished her sons would meet potential spouses like the quartet to ease her heart although the trio claimed that all that is just a hassle. The trio later got an earful from Eunmi, Dana, and Lina with the quartet easing the older women down and saving their friends.

"Looks good, Chaewon." Jake said as he handed Melanie back her paper.

"Thanks, Jake."

She let out a deep breath, feeling slightly relieved after hearing those words.

"I really thought I wouldn't get it in the end as this seems way difficult than before."

Jake chuckled.

"Like I keep saying, you're a fast learner and easy to teach. Have more confidence in yourself."

"Thanks, Jake, but I still think I'll fail the finals coming up in two weeks though."

"No worries. Just keep doing what you've been doing all this time. Besides, you still got me."

A small smile graced her lips.

"Thanks and I do, don't I?"

Melanie happily scanned the paper while Jake quietly observed her with a soft smile on his face. The pair were nearing the end of their math tutoring despite a mishap from earlier. Nara happened to followed Melanie to the library in hopes of seeking Jake's help with her own mathematic studies just the two of them. Of course, Jake politely declined. Nara persisted, stating she needed the extra help and continued the argument that was until her boyfriend came to drag her away. Sunyong was not pleased while roughly pulling his girlfriend away and staring daggers at Jake.

"Hmm, maybe I'll definitely be ready for the finals coming up." Melanie commented unaware of Jake watching her.

Another smile graced Jake's face.

"Hey, when our session ends, Chaewon, do you, perhaps, want to get something to eat or drink?"

Melanie surprisingly looked up from her paper at Jake.

"Why?"

It was more out of curiosity than suspicion.

"Don't you have dance practice after this though? I'm pretty sure the Dance Showcase is more important than a small date."

Despite the two just going with the flow with their overall situationship and their friendship blooming, Melanie still regarded to keep at bay with one another. Although, Melanie had a feeling that her feelings were starting to feel some sort of way over time. She wasn't sure if she wanted to put her heart on the line like that when Jake has just been sweet and caring towards her.

"I did, but I thought we could hangout, doing stuff just the two of us instead of with Sunghoon and Yiseul."

A slow smile brightened Jake's features once again. He leaned closer and spoke in a whisper-like manner.

"Besides, I need to commit better as Kim Nara has been too persistence despite having that boyfriend of hers around."

Melanie laughed as Jake continued, enjoying the fact he made Melanie laughed.

"Of course, she confessed she wrote the letter, but I knew it wasn't you based on your handwriting. I didn't think things would turn out like this at all. Also, I'm a man of my word to keep you safe."

He flashed her that same charming smile of his at her.

"What do you say?"

Melanie laughed again before nodding.

"Sure, I guess."

Melanie hesitated a bit.

"Are you sure your teammates won't be mad at you for skipping practice?"

Jake shrugged nonchalantly.

"Nah. They'll be fine without me for one practice."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely."

He grinned as she slowly nodded, accepting Jake's answer. Maybe Melanie could ask him about their current relationship and see if they'll actually get that 'later' talk.

"Great, because there's this cool place nearby that has a VR Zone where you can play football and we can go there."

"Oh, I see."

Her response didn't sound all that positive to Jake.

"Um, did you want to do somethin

Please log in to read the full chapter