026; distance

falling for you [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You guys really don't have to send us off." The cousins told their friends that met them at the airport.

Sujin and Woojoo had let slip to their other friends about the four's departure for today and so, some of them wanted to send the quartet off that could meet them. Normally, the cousins were sent off by Dana, Lina, Eunmi, Seohoo, Hanjun, Taeyoung, Minwoo, and Jangjun, but the four told them not to as they already bid their farewells to them on Monday and their co-worker friends yesterday.

"We're gonna miss you."

"Come back as soon as possible."

"Make sure to message us when you land."

"Or just give us a call when you can."

"Safe travels."

"Have a good flight there and back."

There were lots of hugs, pats on the back, and ruffling of the hair all around with the cousins trying to fend off the affection of several of their friends that didn't seem to want them to leave just yet. However, Heeseung, Jay, Jake, and Sunghoon remained cordial with Serena, Kierra, Melanie, and Linna, respectively. Linna had made a beaded keychain for Sunghoon the next morning after the sleepover, knowing she'll forget and wouldn't have time to get around to it. Plus, she had a feeling that the next day their older cousins would want to celebrate, too. As for Heeseung, he gave Serena her own BiHye plushie upon remembering it after going through his things before bed. Which Serena was currently holding onto before her flight as she caught sight of Heeseung and wiggled the plush in his direction for fun.

"Anyway, we really gotta go," Linna began with Melanie finishing it off, "But thanks for sending us off."

The other two followed suit

"Yes, thanks."

Soon enough, the quartet were surrounded with more hugs, pats on the back, and ruffling of hair except some of their friends shed tears which they all had to calm them down and cheer them up. However, Jake, Jay, Sunghoon, and Heeseung made sure they were the last ones to get in a final goodbye towards Melanie, Kierra, Linna, and Serena, respectively.

"I see you, Jake." Melanie teased with a chuckle as she saw Jake slowly coming over to her.

"See me what, Chaewon?"

"Wanting to be the last one to bid me a goodbye."

Jake nervously laughed with a chuckle as he opened his arms for Melanie to come hug him.

"Of course."

Melanie just shook her head and went into his embrace. She just didn't expect to feel some type of way when his arms wrapped themselves around her body.

"Be safe over there Chaewon." Jake whispered as he and Melanie shared a long hug to which she wasn't expecting either.

"Just, please come back to me safely."

His arms tightened around her and Melanie wasn't sure how to respond to the last part, but she nodded while tightening her arms around his body, too, before pulling away shortly afterwards with a small smile. Jay walked towards Kierra with his arms opened wide as Kierra accepted the said hug in good-nature. She still wasn't sure about her feelings for Jay, but she knew that she wasn't as off putting towards him than before.

"Be safe."

"I will."

"Message me when you get a chance after you land." Jay said in a soft tone, hugging Kierra longer than she expected.

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"I mean it, Hayoun."

Kierra felt Jay's arms tightened around her and knew that he would worried if she didn't.

"I know and I will, Jay."

"I meant it when I said I like you, Hayoun."

"I know, Jay, but..."

"You don't have to answer right away, but know that my feelings won't change for you."

"Mmhmm."

Kierra definitely needed to give Jay an answer because she couldn't be acting like this with him if they weren't an official couple. However, she couldn't do so right now as she pulled away first with a reassuring smile. Sunghoon casually strolled on over to Linna as she watched him make his way over to her.

"Oh, so you made yourself the last one to come over?" Linna teased with a small smile.

"Yes." Sunghoon answered, confidently, throwing Linna off-guard.

Despite how things became between the two of them these past several months, Linna was happy to have grown closer to Sunghoon as a friend and person than just a crush. However, from time to time, Sunghoon still gave her those butterfly moments and Linna found herself thinking of actually confessing to him for real. Anyway, Sunghoon laughed with a nod as he tenderly pulled her in for a long hug. She swiftly felt her heart swoon as she nuzzled into the embrace, unconsciously.

"I'm gonna miss you, Yiseul." Sunghoon whispered against her ear, while hugging Linna tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you, too, Sunghoon."

The words came out before she could process them, but Linna knew they were true and she hoped that Sunghoon wouldn't think too much about her words and just assumed them as a friendly thing. Still, after their so-called breakup, things lightened up between them and Sunghoon proved himself to still care for her despite not asking about his explanation from that day even though Sunghoon wanted to tell her. Linna let it go and just went with the flow of their friendship for now and see where that would lead them if she still had feelings for the guy to start an actual relationship.

"By the way, read this when you get home, alone." Sunghoon said as he pulled away first and placed a letter into her hand.

Her eyes furrowed, puzzled upon seeing the letter before looking up at him.

"Why?"

Sunghoon smiled before patting her hands.

"You'll understand when you do."

"Okay."

Sunghoon pulled Linna in for another hug before letting her go with a soft smile lingering on his face. Heeseung patiently waited for his turn with Serena as she eyed the male, suspiciously, when it came down to the two of them.

"You're not gonna steal back BiHye from me, are you?"

Heeseung laughed, shaking his head.

"No, Jinae. I have my own, but I do want a goodbye hug from you though."

He opened his arms as she eyed him once more before giving into the hug. Serena only became wary in case he pulled another stunt like he did during their second round of movie night. The hand-holding could've been cute and all, but Serena was more worry about the others thinking that she and Heeseung had something going on when they really didn't.

"If you're ever feeling lonely or want someone to talk to while on your summer vacation, Jinae, then you can talk to your BiHye and my BiHye will let me know about any worries you may have, thinking it's me on the other end." Heeseung whispered while tightening his grip around her.

Serena wasn't sure how to respond to that as she never had this time of conversation with Heeseung. Still, she never really considered herself close with him for their relationship to seem like so either. However, these past several months have proved otherwise though.

"Thanks, Heeseung. I appreciate that."

"You're welcome."

Heeseung continued to hug her a little longer before pulling away and shooting her a sweet smile.

"Take care and safe travels."

Soon enough, the cousins bid their friends goodbye, eyes lingering on him a little longer than normal, before heading on over to check-in with feelings anew. Their summer vacation were supposed to be without the thoughts of him, but each of them knew that was gonna be harder to do now as they had an almost twelve hour flight back home with nothing else to do except to sleep, eat, play on their phone, or watch a movie in a confined space, leaving them to their thoughts.

"Who's that guy with Hayoun?"

"Wait a minute who's that guy with Jinae?"

"Now who are those two with Yiseul and Chaewon?"

"Why are there so many boys with them?"

"There's like twenty of them."

"Could one of them be their boyfriends?!"

On the other side of the hemisphere, Woojoo and Sujin gushed with excitement upon seeing updates on their friends' SNS accounts with their own mobile devices in hand. The female duo along with the seven males were hanging out at Woojoo and Sunoo's home with it being ten in the morning on a Thursday for them, lazying around and watching a random movie.

"Serena, I love you."

The males were surprised to hear a male voice suddenly speaking from Sujin's phone as she had clicked on Serena's account to watch a new story that got posted to her Instgram. The update wasn't from Serena herself, but from a family friend that had taken Serena's phone and posted the clip. The group could more or less understand what was being said in the uploaded clips due to not knowing English fluently save for Jake and Jay.

"Love you, Serena. C'mon, pay attention to me." A male, Jeffrey, whined as Serena shot him an annoyed look.

"I saw you last summer and we did a video call the other day."

"That's not the same."

Jeffrey hit one of the buttons to change it to the front view camera to film himself instead.

"She's such a jerk, isn't she?"

Serena tried to take back her phone as the phone cut off in mid-recording to block Serena from getting her mobile device back.

"I swear, y'all are so annoying. Nick and Patrick already pushed me and Kierra into the pool earlier and no-"

Soon Kierra's story popped up with a new update as well and Sujin focused on the new clip with Woojoo beside her when another male featured in it.

"Hey, Miss Beautiful, stop hiding your beautiful self from me and the whole wide world." Nick spoke, chuckling.

The seven wondered if it was the same guy as before.

"Kierra, my love, I know you love me the most. C'mon. I thought you loved me the most."

"Yeah, right." Kierra scoffed.

"You always stole Linna's candy while Patrick stole Melanie's and the two of y'all would put the blame on me and Serena instead."

"It's lies." Both Nick and Patrick denied.

"Lies, my ."

The clip ended abruptly when Kier

Please log in to read the full chapter