The Highs and the Heartbreak

Nemesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Detention: Day 9, Thursday

 

“I come bearing gifts,” Rosé announced as she walked into detention. She marched over to Jennie and handed her a little tub of milk ice cream, which Jennie responded to by blowing her a kiss, making the blonde blush furiously so she quickly turned to their teacher and said, “I got you covered too, Mr. Yang.” She walked over to his desk and handed him an apple. 

 

“What?! How come she gets ice cream?” he exclaimed.

 

“Sorry, Mr. Y. Teachers only get apples. Isn't that the rule? I didn't make that up. I don’t want to go to jail,” Rosé teased. 

 

Mr. Yang huffed. “I’ll take your ice cream.”

 

Rosé waved around a crunchy green pepper. “This is all I have. You wanna trade?”

 

Mr. Yang made a face. “I’ll keep my apple," he grumbled.

 

"Don't spoil your dinner!" Jennie hollered evilly from the back of the room. "We wouldn't want to get in trouble with Mrs. Yang."

 

"Thank you for thinking I'm marriageable," Mr. Yang yelled back. 
 

"I meant Mrs. Yang, your mother!" 
 

"Have fun being in detention the rest of high school!" the teacher retorted.

 

"And have fun being in detention long after I'm out of high school!" the dark-haired teenager shot back.

 

"I hate you!"

 

"Dont lie to yourself, Mr. Yang. Your life would be meaningless without me!"

 

Rosé watched the bickering unfold in awe, and then walked back to where Jennie was happily spooning ice cream into . The blonde sat next to the other girl, who promptly motioned for Rosé to open , and then fed her a spoonful of ice cream. The Aussie felt herself get extremely warm despite ingesting the cold treat. 


"Want a bite?" Rosé asked the brunette, offering her the pepper by waving it in her face.

 

"Disgusto, barfo! That's not food, that's what food eats," Jennie said, playfully pushing the blonde's arm away.

 

"It's healthy," Rosé insisted.

 

"Oh damn, here I thought I was special 'cause you brought me ice cream. Now I see you're trying to keep healthy while you poison me."

 

Rosé shook her head. "You're definitely special," she said, blushing a little. 
 

“I have nothing for you,” Jennie pouted. “Oh, wait!” The brunette started furiously scribbling in her notebook and then ripped out the page, proudly handing Rosé a drawing of a six-legged bug, not unlike the one she had drawn on the Aussie’s wrist five hundred years ago in teenage years.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter