The Reports of my Death are Greatly Exaggerated

Nemesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Detention: Day 6, Monday

 

It had been the longest weekend of Rosé’s life for some reason. Well, she didn't know the reason anyway, because teenagers are half-baked humans like that Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavour, y'know? Like, they're sweet, but they're stoned without trying.

 

Jungkook had called several times asking to hang out. Jisoo and Lisa had done the same. But Rosé had brushed them all off with the excuse of homework and feeling under the weather. She actually spent her entire weekend replaying the massage she got from Jennie in her head. Over and over she had closed her eyes trying to recreate how it felt: the firm but gentle pressure of the brunette's touch, the warmth of her hands, the faint smell of soap on her skin. It was crazy to Rosé how much her own body responded to just the thought of her comrade-in-correction. It made her feel agitated but in a strangely pleasant way. So, sure, under the weather. If the forecast was Jennie Kim.

 

Rosé didn’t notice, because she was dense like that, that the only thing she was looking forward to these days was detention. 

 

When she got to school on Monday, she bounced and breezed through her classes. 

 

“Someone got a proper dose of meds today,” Jisoo told Lisa at lunch, observing the daydreamy blonde, who was playing with her food, just pushing it around with her chopsticks, and humming to herself.


"So this is love..." Rosé absentmindedly sang to herself.

 

“Maybe she finally got laid,” the maknae offered.

 

“Maybe she finally pulled out that huge stick up her ," Jisoo said loudly, trying to get the blonde's attention.

 

“," Lisa quipped.

 

The Aussie just chuckled and smacked them good-naturedly, and finally ate her gimbap happily.


Rosé practically hopped her way to detention like a silly, giant rabbit and plopped down dramatically in the back row, making Mr. Yang raise an eyebrow. She drummed her fingers anxiously on the desk, looking around the room, waiting for Jennie, surprised that she actually made it before the brunette today. 

 

Five minutes passed. And then ten. And then fifteen. And then ten billion years. And yet still no sign of Jennie. Rosé had started humming absentmindedly, her eyes on the doorway. 

 

Mr. Yang took pity on the teenager. “If you’re waiting for Ms. Kim, she’s not in today. Her mom called to say she wouldn't be in class,” he said. 

 

Rosé’s face fell but she tried to maintain her compo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter