Dying of Thirst in the Middle of the Ocean

Nemesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Detention: Day 5, Friday 

 

There is a general consensus among high school students and teachers that the worst place to be in on a Friday is school. So for the unlucky few who were stuck there longer than the rest of their peers, it was absolute torture. Except, curiously enough, for Jennie Kim and Roseanne Park, who both seemed to be happy enough to stay the extra hour in detention, even as their parole officer, Mr. Yang, sped out of the parking lot promptly after class without so much as a ‘so long, ers!’ to his teenage tormentees. 

 

“Why are you still here?” Rosé asked her dark-haired compatriot. “It’s Friday, you must have better things to do than be stuck here with little ol’ self-policing me. I’m no narc, I didn’t rat you out last time you left.”

 

“Well, y’know, I had a drug run that day, and an arms deal, and I was pimping some kidneys, so I had to leave,” Jennie quipped.

 

“Sounds like business is good.”

 

“Oh, for sure. So I definitely deserve this break, and I'm spending my free time finding out aaaaall of my cellmate’s dirty secrets,” Jennie teased, walking her fingers all the way up the blonde’s arm to end up tickling her ear. 

 

“I have no dirty secrets,” Rosé said, perhaps a bit too quickly, swatting Jennie’s hand away and squealing from ticklishness. 

 

“Oh c’mon, you’ve never stolen a pie cooling on a windowsill or broken a window with a baseball?”

 

Rosé looked at Jennie in confused amusement. “I mean, I’m also not from the 1940’s so there’s that. What are you, a little rascal?”

 

Jennie grinned. “Slap my and call me Spanky," she said with a wink.

 

Rosé choked on her own spit at the mention of Jennie’s , and was thrown into a coughing fit.

 

“Ohmygod, are you okay??? Why are you wound so tightly?” Jennie asked incredulously, and mildly concerned that the situation would turn into a medical emergency, mentally kicking herself for never learning the Heimlich.

 

“Well, why are you so… whatever the opposite of that is?” Rosé managed to croak out as her coughing subsided.

 

“Loose?” Jennie offered, trying to hold back laughter.

 

“Ohgod no, Jennie. I would never -shame you or anyone," the Aussie said seriously.

 

Jennie was now doubled over with laughter, but managed to say, “Let me help you loosen up a little.”

 

“W-What do you mean?” Rosé asked nervously.

 

Jennie regained her composure. “I’m really good with my hands yknow?” she said suggestively.

 

“I-I’m not gay…” Rosé stammered in a panic.

 

“Ohno, you mean you didn’t want me to give you a happy ending?” Jennie teased, waggling her fingers at the blonde’s face.

 

Rosé glared in an attempt to mask a blush at the thought of getting a happy ending from Jennie.

 

“Omg, you are so gutter-brained and cute. I mean I’m actually really good at giving massages, okay? C’mon, nothing shady, not even tickles.”

 

Rosé still looked dubious.

 

“Honey, if I was hitting on you, you’d know because you’d be terrifie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter