Chapter 3

Seducing Mr Workaholic

Seungwan stood in front of the mirror in the suit store, his eyes scanned over the racks of suits that lined the walls. He had been trying on suit after suit for over an hour, but Seungwan just coudn't seem to find the perfect one for his wedding day.

 

"I don't know, does this suit looks good on me?" Seungwan asked Joohyun, who was sitting on the couch in the dressing room. "It looks great," she replied with a smile. 

 

She had been waiting for Seungwan to pick on his suit for what seemed like forever as she had chosen her dress.

 

'I'm so bored," she thought to herself. "Why does it have to take him so long to choose a suit?" as she glanced over at Seungwan.

 

At last, Joohyun found herself getting more and more drowsy. She tried to keep her eyes open and offer suggestions, but eventually she couldn't fight it any longer.

 

Joohyun found a comfortable sofa in the dressing room and put her head down on the arm rest, intending to rest her eyes for just a moment. 

 

Seungwan stared at himself in the suit he had just tried on. He adjusted the collar and straightened out the sleeves, but something didn't feel right. He let out a deep sigh and ran his hand through his hair, feeling frustrated.

 

He tried on another suit, a charcoal gray one this time. It felt a bit too tight in the chest, but it was a nice colour.

 

He looked at himself in the mirror again, turning this way and that, trying to get a sense of how it looked from every angle.

 

"I don't know," he said again, still feeling uncertain. "Maybe I should try on some more suits."

 

He finally found a perfect suit that he was happy with after a few more tries. It was a navy blue suit with a slim fit, modern cut and accentuated his figure nicely.

 

He was so focused on finding the perfect suit that he didn't notice Joohyun had dozed off.

 

As Seungwan turned around, he realized that Joohyun had fallen asleep on the sofa. Seungwan felt a little guilty for taking so long and keeping Joohyun waiting, but he also couldn't help but feel a little amused at her.

 

Seungwan took a break and sat down next to her on the sofa quietly, not wanting to wake her up.

 

He gently brushed a strand of hair out of her face and tucked it behind her cute giant left ear. (p/s istg irene cute little big ears are so cuteeee aaaa)

 

He felt a sense of peace wash over him, watching Joohyun slept soundly. Her breathing was slow and steady.

 

He decided to wait for her to wake up, as Seungwan knew she must be tired from waiting for him to try on suits. He pulled out his phone to settle his work to pass the time.

 

However, he found himself too restless to sit still for long. He got up and wandered over to the coffee machine in the corner of the room.

 

He poured himself a cup of coffee and took a sip, feeling the warmth and caffeine coursing through his body. 

 

He sat there for what felt like hours, sipping coffee and waiting for Joohyun to wake up.

 

After a while, Joohyun started to sleep talking. Seungwan couldn't quite make out what she was saying, but it sounded like gibberish mixed with a few words here and there.

 

Seungwan got an idea to record Joohyun as a payback since she had his recording with her pet.

 

As he was recording, Joohyun suddenly turned over and muttered something more coherent.

 

'Click!"

 

That was the sound that woke Joohyun up. Joohyun felt like something was on her face and quickly opened her eyes. She saw a camera phone directed to her face before a person quickly put it away.

 

Joohyun tried to observe the person's face carefully as her vision was still vague. She then saw Seungwan..realizing her situation now, she closed her eyes again.

 

"Oh my.. how long have i been asleep? It feels like a minute. But why do I feel like I've been asleep for so long? Wait! Did he took a picture of me while I was sleeping? How many pictures had he taken? Did he also recorded a video of me when I was sleeping!? I don't think I did anything embarassing when I slept right?" Joohyun thought to herself while thinking how to face Seungwan. 

 

"How long do you want to pretend to sleep? Hurry up, wake up." Seungwan directed in his deep voice.

 

"Look at the clock, what time is it now?" Seungwan spoke again. Joohyun looked at her watch. 4.30 evening.

 

The time went by really fast. "Well, it was his fault for not waking me up," she kept the thought. 

 

Joohyun looked straight and noticed that there were many cups on the table in front of her.

 

"Is that his cup? Did he tries to give a clue that he's been waiting for me?" Joohyun thought.

 

"It's your mistake that you did not wake me up", Joohyun said. Seungwan stayed silent and just continued to stare at her. 

 

"What's the matter with him? Why does he always stare at me like that? Don't think I'll be afraid of that eyes", she mumbled.

 

"Err..earlier, why did you take my pictures?" Joohyun bravely asked wanting to see Seungwan's reaction.

 

Seungwan ignored her and cleared his throat, "Get ready now. I'm hungry." He continued to get up and walked away from there. 

 

 


 

 

At Joohyun's house back from the shop...

 

Joohyun saw Yerim kept shaking her head - looking at Joohyun's condition. Joohyun did not know why she felt so happy.

 

This is the first time she felt this way. Even in the past, when she was still with Suho, she never noticed this. 

"Have I fallen in love? Ahh, the happiness.. I think he might has feeling for me as well.. you see I think he purposedly not waking me up when I was sleeping earlier ," Joohyun mumbled at Yerim.

 

"Unnie try to control your facial expression.. it's disgusting," Yeri joked.

 

"Heyy.. it's not easy for me to fall for someone," Joohyun claimed.

 

"You can't fall for someone this fast. He's Seungwan oppa not some knight in shining armor from your imagination," Yerim tried to remind Joohyun.

 

Joohyun understood what Yeri meant. Everything went by too fast. But if she didn't try to bring him into her heart, how could  she lived with him. 

 

"Don't worry Yerim-aa. At least I'm in love with my future husband. So, about your idea on me seducing him... What should I do next?" Joohyun asked determined about her future. 

 

"What's the point? You said earlier that he seems to have feelings for you." 

 

"Indeed, but I'm still unsatisfied. I want more than that."

 

"Yaaa unnie, you are really greedy," Yerim pinched Joohyun's thigh. 

 

"Err..actually I have something to ask.." Joohyun hesitated to ask the question that has been plaguing her ever since she came back from picking out the wedding dress.

 

"What is it?" Yerim asked.

 

"How to face... the first time of making love.... you know I never experienced it before!" Joohyun asked shyly.

 

"God! What has Seungwan oppa done to my cousin?" Yeri shocked.

 

"Yaa! I told you that I would save it for my future husband. Since I'm getting married, of course I have the right to ask and I know you aren't that innocent." Joohyun told her. 

 

"Ahh.. I can't handle you anymore," Yerim quickly walked away from Joohyun's room.

 

"Kim Yerim! You're stingy with knowledge!" Joohyun shouted.

 

Just when Joohyun about to reach for her phone to look up for the info on the internet, her phone beeped.

 

Joohyun reached for the phone and saw Seungwan's name written on her screen.

 

"Uhh.. he send me a message? He never messaged me. Is he going to say he misses me?" Joohyun grinned and immediately opened the chat. 

 

Suddenly a blank screen appeared.

 

A few minutes later, a video was played. "God! This is the video when I fell asleep at the boutique earlier today. Arghh.. he recorded it! How do I delete it?" Joohyun covered with her hand.

 

"Tteokbokki..cola..carrot cake.." Joohyun heard herself raving about a few more foods that she haven't been able to eat these past few months. All because she had to go on a diet for the wedding dress.

 

"Oh God, I can't bear to see it again. Joohyun, what have you done? Why do I like to do strange things in front of him?" as she hugged a pillow in front of her. 

 

Suddenly her phone beeped again and Seungwan's name appeared again. She opened and saw his message 

 

[Let's just pretend your video and my video never exist]. Her phone rang again.

 

[Go to bed early tonight. Don't fall asleep during the wedding. Anyway, make sure to eat before the ceremony started. Lastly, good night, princess ] - Seungwan.

 

"I don't want to get married. I can't face him anymore!"

 

 


 

 

Son Seungwan carefully tied his dark blue tie in the mirror, his eyes wandered to the wedding invitation laying on the dresser.

 

Today was the day he was marrying Bae Joohyun, at the scenic outdoor wedding venue of the Walkerhill Hotel in Gwangjin-gu, Seoul.

 

As Seungwan brushed back his hair and smoothed the navy suit, his nerves briefly fluttered as he imagined hundreds of guest were already gathered at the hotel's garden overlooking the Han river. 

 

Jessica's stepped into his room and smiled at the sight of her son dressed for his wedding day.

 

"How nervous are you?" she teased.

 

"On a scale of one to ten?" Seungwan asked with a laugh.

 

"A solid eight," he admitted.

 

His mother came over and adjusted his tie, giving him a hug.

 

"Joohyun is a lovely girl," Jessica said. "You're very lucky."

 

Seungwan nodded while thinking of Joohyun. "I know," he said.

 

Jessica squeezed his hand. "Just be yourself and speak from the heart," she advised.

 

"That's all that matters."

 

Seungwan took a deep breath. "Thanks, mom," he said gratefully.

 

Jessica hugged him again. "My son is getting married! Your father would be so proud of you," she exclaimed with misty eyes.

 

"Ready to go get your bride?" Jessica asked lightly punched his shoulder.

 

Seungwan took one last look in the mirror, then nodded. "Let's do it," he said with quite determination.

 

They then walked out to a limo to begin their journey to the wedding venue. As they drove along the Han river past glimmering skyscrapers, Seungwan saw the terraced gardens of the hotel came into view. 

 

The car stopped and Seungwan stepped out of the limo and made his way toward the altar situated between a large flowering magnolia tree and a reflecting pool. The sound of a string quartet filled the air. Seungwan looked out at the sea of smiling faces under the vast blue sky.

 

Then the music changed and Joohyun appeared at the end of the asile on her father's arm. Seungwan's breath caught at the sight of her in a long white tulle dress.

 

Joohyun's  dress is made of layers of delicate white tulle, giving it an ethereal, fairy-like quality. It features her sleeveless arm and showed her sweetheart neckline that exposes just a hint of cleavage, accentuating Joohyun's feminine figure.

 

The tulle skirt flares out from Joohyun's hips in soft waves, cascading down the floor in multiple layers.

 

The dress brings out the warmth in Joohyun's skin tone and complements it with her wavy dark brown hair flowing freely down her back. (JUST IMAGINE the exact WEDDING DRESS she wore FROM her photoshoot ELLE 2020)

 

Joohyun took a deep breath as the music started, signaling that the ceremony was beginning. She hooked her arm through her father's, smiling at him reassuringly.

 

"Ready, sweetheart?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"As I'll ever be," Joohyun replied, though her voice wavered slightly. 

They made their way slowly down the long aisle lined with rows of white chairs. Joohyun's eyes scanned the sea of faces - friends, family, colleagues - all turned towards her.

 

The sun shone down from a clear blue sky, dappling the aisle with shadows from the willow tress. 

 

Her gaze finally found Seungwan, waiting for her at the altar underneath a blooming magnolia tree. He was smiling warmly at her. Joohyun smiled back at the man who was soon to be her husband. 

 

Taeyeon squeezed her arm gently, noticing her misty eyes. They finally reached the altar and kissed her cheeck.

 

"I love you," Taeyeon said softly. "I love you too, Dad." She smiled through her tears.

 

She turned towards Seungwan, who took both of her hands in his. As their eyes met, Joohyun felt a calm washed over her. All of her doubts and worries faded away as she focused in Seungwan's eyes. Hand in hand, they turned to face the minister, ready to begin the next part of their journey - together. 

 

 


 

 

Lights and soft music were played in the background. Joohyun and Seungwan walked hand in hand to the after party where all their friends and family were waiting to congratulate them. 

Seungwan spotted some of his colleagues from work and walked to them. Joohyun was suprised to see her husband being a social butterfly as he always looked like a quiet person.

 

His friend started to talk, "Wan, don't you want to introduce your wife?"

 

"That's right! Don't you want to introduce us to your wife?" 

 

"Here, I'd like you guys to meet my wife, Joohyun.." Seungwan said. "

 

Who?" Joohyun asked him.

 

"Friends," he replied short.

 

"Obviously, what I want to know is whether they're your school or work friends," Joohyun talked to herself.

 

"Hi, thanks for coming," Joohyun greeted them with a smile.

 

"Well of course we will come. But your husband here seems reluctant to invite us, Mrs. Son. He just told us about the invitation yesterday," said a man who had been talking since earlier. 

 

"Mrs. Son? That's right my title had changed. But, is it true what he said? He invited them all just yesterday? Wow, does he likes his work so much that he forgot to invite his friends?" Joohyun thought. 

 

"Well, at least I told you guys," Seungwan replied without feeling guilty. "Hah, you did tell me but it's almost midnight when you announce it. I feel bad for your wife because she will get a husband who..." his friend stopped.

 

Joohyun just smiled as she did not know what kind of fate awaited her. Joohyun had excused herself to see other guests as Seungwan  started to talk about work even though his friends had told him to stop. 

 

 


 

 

The night as the event finished...

 

Taeyeon and his son-in-law were busy chatting and drinking in the dining room.

"Joohyun-aah..go and take a rest inside your room," Tiffany told her.

 

Joohyun lost her mind when her mother told her to enter the room. First night.. Joohyun was determined to not fall asleep tonight.

 

No matter what, she won't close her eyes as she was having all kinds of thought. 

 

Joohyun took the oppurtunity to watch the television instead of going to her room.

 

Unfortunately, there was no movie that she interested in. At last, Joohyun watched a documentary and felt asleep in the living room. 

 

Seungwan walked into the living room.

 

The nature documentary she was watching stil playing and he spotted Joohyun asleep on the couch, "Ahem.. you keep falling asleep on couch. Don't you know it's bad for your back," he sighed under his breath but his tone was fond.

 

No response was heard from the wife who was asleep.

Seungwan carefully tucked a strand of hair out of her face.

 

She leaned into his touch unconsciously. "You'll be stiff sleeping here," he muttered as he slipped one arm under Joohyun's neck and the other under her knees.

 

"Here we go," he said as he lifted her into his arms.

 

Joohyun instinctively curled closer, nestling her head in the crook of Seungwan's neck.

 

Seungwan carried her slowly down the hall, pausing to adjust his hold and make her more comfortable.

 

Joohyun sighed contendly in her sleep, snuggling into his chest.

 

He then gently laid Joohyun down on their bed and sat beside her, brushing her hair back. Joohyun looked so peaceful he didn't want to disturb her. He pulled the blankets up to her chin, tucking her in securely. 

 

"You worked hard today," he said. As Seungwan pulled away, Joohyun smiled in her sleep.

 

"Sweet dream princess," he murmured. 

 

After getting ready for bed, Seungwan climbed under the covers and Joohyun instinctively scooted close, hugging his waist. Seungwan wrapped an arm around her and pulled her against his chest.

 

Seungwan sighed contendly, he knew they would tease each other when she woke and he would grumble about carrying her. 

 

Seungwan closed his eyes, holding Joohyun close.

 

 


 

 

"Joohyun..." Seungwan's voice was faintly heard by Joohyun's ears.

 

Strange..Joohyun thought. Why would she dreamt of his voice.

 

"Joohyun..." called the voice again.

 

"What else he wants? Let me sleep," Joohyun kept her eyes closed.

 

"Joohyun..wake up," Seungwan forced Joohyun to wake up.

 

"Yaa, I need to go to work," he said again.

 

"Do I care? You can go to work if you want to. We just got married yesterday and now you want to go to work? Wait..Married!?" she pondered but the word marriage jolted Joohyun up from her sleep. 

 

Joohyun's eyes that were heavy just now were wide opened. Joohyun consciously felt like she was on someone's chest.

 

She slowly looked up. Joohyun was shocked to realize she was sleeping padded by Seungwan's chest - what more, she was hugging him like a koala hugging a tree.

 

Joohyun quickly closed her eyes and pretended to sleep. "I don't think I entered this room last night..so, how do I get into this room? Who would be so strong to carry me into this room?" she reorganized her thought.

 

"Until when will you hug me?" Seungwan asked.

 

Still pretending to sleep, Joohyun let go of the hug and turned to her right. Joohyun noticed Seungwan got up from the bed and heard the bathroom door closed. She then quickly opened her eyes and ran out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




sorry for the late update. college has been busy with deadlines TT.

Anyway I think I would make this story slow paced like this and filled with more fluff detailed where they fell asleep, eating together, Seungwan staring at Joohyun yada yada stuffs like that.

anddd their wedding venue is actually from the famous hotel in Seoul. Ton of dramas were filmed there, and that's also where SonYejin and HyunBin got married..

Enjoy !