Chapter 9

Seducing Mr Workaholic

Joohyun stepped into the hotel room and gasped in amazement. The space was lavish and spacious, with floor to ceiling windows offering a sweeping panoramic view of Jeju. 'This place is incredible!'

 

Seungwan came behind as he helped carried the luggage. "What are you carrying in this bag? It's so heavy."

 

"Err....novels," Joohyun answered hesitantly.

 

When Seungwan heard her answer, he stared at her with 'the look'. 

 

"Ah I know that look. Seungwan is staring at me again with that strange look. He probably wants to eat me up, with that instense stare! I should probably save my novels first.."

 

"I will be lonely in this hotel room when you go to work. So, I have prepared novels supplies to get rid of the boredom," Joohyun said while taking the luggage from him.

 

"Did you try to be sarcastic at me?" Seungwan asked.

 

"No..NO I'm not," Joohyun shook her head.

 

"Then?" Seungwan sounded unsatisfied.

 

'He's already in a bad mood just now in the car, if this keeps continue, I won't be safe. I have no other place to run, Jeju is all surrounded by sea. Haish, that woman is the one who maked my husband in a bad mood.'

 

"Okay then..do you have any other plans besides your work?"

 

"I don't ," Seungwan said frankly.

 

'Hah! He has no other plans than working. And then he wants to be angry at me for bringing the novels.'

 

"Joohyun?" Seungwan looked at her.

 

"If I'm busy with work, you don't have to be alone here. Have you forgotten that Sooyoung lives in Jeju?"

 

"Huh?" Joohyun gasped.

 

Her brain tried to process the information. One by one her memories came flooding back as Joohyun patted her head, 'How could I forget that Sooyoung, my sister in law lives in Jeju? No wonder he agrees to bring me along in Jeju.'

 

Joohyun saw that Seungwan was still gazing at her. She quickly looked towards her left and right, then up and down, but Seungwan eyes were still at her. 'Haishh is he mad at me?'

 

"Ehh..if Sooyoung lives in Jeju, why do we have to stay in a hotel?" Joohyun's question was not answered as Seungwan was still staring intensely at her.

 

"Does this guy does not has anything else to look at? I'm not a Miss Korea who never gets tired of being admired. Why does he likes to stare at me like that? Somewhat, can he read my mind!? So all this time he knows what I'm thinking?"

 

"Joohyun," Seungwan called.

 

"Mmm?" Joohyun suprised.

 

"What's the point of going on a honeymoon if we stay at someone else's house?"

 

'Aish..his answer. Joohyun ...next time you should ask a logical question. Now, what should I answer him?'

 

"You're right! That's why we have to stay in a hotel!" Joohyun claimed shamelessly and noticed Seungwan was smiling. 

 

'Wahh, he's smiling! When he smiles, I can't hide my smiles either. Ah,what a relief. He was busy making a sour face since in the car. When he smiles like this, I'm very happy. Even if he only smiled for a moment, but it didn't matter. As long as I managed to calm his anger from ealier.'

 

"I'm going to work," Seungwan suddenly said. 

 

"Okay," Joohyun answered while climbing the bed.

 

"Just order the room service, if you want to eat."

 

"Okay!" Joohyun said as she pulled the blanket.

 

"Maybe I'll be back in the evening."

 

"Okay!" 

 

'Haishh..just go. I want to sleep.'

 

"If you want to go to a night club, just call a taxi."

 

"Okay!" Joohyun claimed loudly.

 

Joohyun was about to lied down but she stopped. "Huh? Night club? No. NOT okay!"

 

"So you want to go to a night club."

 

"No. I'm not. I swear! I won't go." Joohyun claimed.

 

"I've only been there a few times. My father told me he would kills me if he found out I went to a night club after being married."

 

"Good. Stay in the room carefully. Don't be naughty. Wait for me if you really want to go to the club," Seungwan said before disappeared behind the door. 

 

Joohyun sighed as she had started to relax on the bed, "Haish..he really ikes to tease me.Thank god, he has gone for work"

 

Joohyun had fell asleep when someone suddenly rang the bell of her hotel room. "Oh? Is it room service?"

 

"Joohyun Unnie!!" Sooyoung shouted as Joohyun opened the door.

 

Sooyoung kept hugging her but Joohyun reluctant to hug her back, afraid she might crushed Sooyoung's pregnant belly.

 

"Where's oppa?" Sooyoung walked into the room as Joohyun invited her.

 

"Work.."

 

"He just arrived and go straight to work?"

 

"Okay, then. Let's go," Sooyoung said suddenly.

 

"Huh? Where are we going?" 

 

"Where else? Let's have fun!!!" 

 

"But, you brother said I can't go to the club." At the same time, Sooyoung was laughing out loud.

 

"Unnie, of course I won't bring you there with me being pregnant!" she laughed. "I want to bring you sightseeing around Jeju Island."

 

 

 


 

 

 

Sooyoung started off the tour by fulling their stomach. As they entered the restaurant, they bumped into Seungwan who just finished his meal with two men in his late 50s. 

 

"You're about to eat lunch?" Seungwan asked Joohyun while lookking at the clock, showing 2 pm. 

 

"Oppa! I'm borrowing Joohyun unnie today. Don't worry, we won't go to the club." Upon the mentioned, Joohyun kept pinching Sooyoung asking her to stop.

 

"Mmm.." Seungwan nodded.

 

"Don't forget to return her later tonight," he added.

 

'What? What did he said? Return? I'm not a thing to return. But, I like it if Eunbi was here to listen. I want to see her jealous face.'

 

Seungwan then excused himself, realised he needed to return to work to finish up some tasks with his colleagus. Joohyun and Sooyoung continued chatting over lunch. They caught up on each other's lives and enjoyed the delicious food. 'I think I've known Sooyoung for a long time. Even though I have known her for less than a few months. She's friendly and talks a lot, especially about his brother. I suspect she delibarately gave me information about his brother.'

 

Joohyun's thought turned to that particular Seungwan's colleague Eunbi.

 

Joohyun asked Sooyoung casually, "Do you know Eunbi?"

 

"Of course I know her. We've been friends since childhood," Sooyoung answered.

 

Joohyun nodded. 'No wonder Seungwan is able to put up with her annoying behaviour'

 

"Why? What's wrong? Unnie are you jealous..?" Sooyoung seemed to understand what had happened.

 

"No.nothing," Joohyun denied.

 

"Don't worry unnie. If oppa likes Eunbi, he would have been married to Eunbi since a long time ago."

 

"But, when I look at Eunbi, I think she likes Oppa," Joohyun threw out her throught.

 

"She is," Sooyoung answered without hesitation. 

 

"But, you really don't have to worry. As I said, if Oppa likes her, they would have been together since a long time ago. And look now, who does Oppa choose?" Sooyoung continued.

 

"That's because he had to marry me...."

 

"Who said he had to?" Sooyoung said.

 

Joohyun raised her eyebrow. "He didn't have to?" Joohyun asked trying to dig the information.

 

"I do not know much about it because I lives far away. But, it feels strange when Oppa suddenly agrees to meet up with Unnie. I'm not kidding, he never agree to meet up with any girl that Momma had set up him with. But after meeting you, he straight away to agree into marrying you," Sooyoung explained.

 

Joohyun was suprised to hear her. "Maybe he's too lazy to think anymore because momma had been pressuring him to get married." Joohyun claimed.

 

"Hmm..momma did forced him a lot. Momma even arranged Oppa to has a date with Eunbi, but thank God, Oppa didn't want to. If not, momma would have been stress and regret her decision."

 

"Why? Momma doesn't like Eunbi?"

 

"It's not like that, but momma doesn't want to increase Oppa's burden. In the past when our dad died, the family's company was in financially constraint. Eunbi's family really helped us a lot. There were the one took care of the company. Momma is afraid if Seungwan agree to date Eunbi, Oppa might do it on purpose as a way to repay their kindness," Sooyoung explained.

 

Joohyun nodded in understanding. Only then Joohyun knew a little about Eunbi, and how Seungwan abled to put up with her.

 

"Does Eunbi's family never want to match Oppa with Eunbi?" Joohyun curious.

 

Sooyoung shook her head no.

 

'Eh? That's impossible. My husband is really handsome. It's impossible for Eunbi's family to help without a reward. They probably want to have Seungwan as their son in law.' Joohyun thought to herself.

 

"They helped us because Papa used to help them a lot before he passed away. But after they died, they only asked Seungwan to take care of Eunbi. Taking care doesn't mean that he has to marry Eunbi."

 

"So...Eunbi.." Joohyun said.

 

"..alone without any family left. That's why Seungwan treats her like a real sister. and that's also why Seungwan oppa objected when momma tries to match them." Sooyoung continued.

 

Joohyun nodded in understanding.

 

"But, Eunbi is problematic. She gets work up when other woman is close with oppa, does she thinks oppa is hers forever. I know she would stirred trouble if oppa married to someone else. I heard, she caused another problem, today right?"

 

Joohyun suprised at how fast Sooyoung found out. "How do you know? Did oppa said something?"

 

"There is a commotion at the office."

 

"Huh? Office? Which office? Aren't you a full-time housewife?" Joohyun asked.

 

"Their office."

 

"I'm confused.." Joohyun scratched her head.

 

"In short, it all started when oppa forced Sehun to fire his secretary, Chanyeol because he bought an economy class for unnie."

 

"Huh?" Joohyun was shocked to hear.

 

'Fired? But why must the secretary be fired? His secretary won't buy an economy class ticket for me on purpose. Isn't it Eunbi? Ah..I'm getting confused'

 

"Why did he get fired?" Joohyun still couldn't relate.

 

"Of course he would get fired. The CEO asked him to buy a ticket for his wife, but then the secretary bought an economy class ticket, who wouldn't be angry?"

 

'Even though I'm not a CEO, I would be mad too. But there must be someone behind it.'

 

"From what I heard, people said the mastermind was Eunbi," Sooyoung abruptly said.

 

"So, he really got fired?" 

 

Sooyong nodded, "He received 24 hours notice."

 

"How did you know all these?" Joohyun confused at how Sooyoung could get this information.

 

"Seulgi told me.."

 

"Your husband?" Joohyun unsured as she recalled that name being mentioned a few times.

 

"Mhm.."

 

"Eh, but didn't you say Seulgi worked as a General Manager in a hotel?" Joohyun remembered that Sooyoung'a husband worked at a hotel in Jeju and that was the reason Sooyoung had to live in Jeju.

 

"That's right. I know Seulgi through Seungwan oppa. Seulgi is oppa's friend and colleague. Have you forgotten?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"So....the hotel that Seulgi manages...."

 

"Yes. It's this hotel."

 

"Huh?" Joohyun suprised.

 

Joohyun tried to piece the puzzles in her head together. 'If Seulgi, Sooyoung's husband works under my husband, so this hotel is his...?'

 

'What kind of wife I am. I had no idea what kind of bussiness my husband's company is running. Seems that there is much more that I do not know about him. How to win his heart like this..?" Joohyun patted her forehead. 

 

 

 

__________________

 

 

Back at Seungwan office, Seungwan heard his door was knocked.

 

Eunbi entered and hung her head in shame. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking clearly."

 

"I know. I realize now it was a terrible thing to do. I hope you can forgive me."

 

Seungwan sighed. "Eunbi, I'm very disappointed in you. You work for a company your family helped build and we have worked with each other for so long, and this is how you repay that trust?"

 

Eunbi replies, "You're right, I was wrong. I promise it won't happen again. I understand if you want to fire me."

 

Seungwan considered for a moment. "No, I won't fire you. But this is your last chance. One more act of betrayal and you're out. Do you understand?"

 

Eunbi nodded vigorously. "Yes, I understand. Thank you for giving me another chance. I promise I'll do my job with honesty from now on."

 

Seungwan said, "That's all I ask. Now get back to work, and no more conspiring against my wife!"

 

Eunbi smiles tentatively. "Of course. And I really am sorry, to both you and Joohyun."

 

Seungwan replies, "Apology accepted. Now get back to work." 

 

 


 

 

 

TIP #6 : He Works on Honeymoon? Disturb Him with Exciting Holiday Pictures.

 

Click. Joohyun took a selfie with a sea background. She opened the Kakao App and send it to Seungwan.

 

Joohyun waited for a while but there was no response, 'Mmm...maybe he is seriously working. It's okay. Sooner or later, he will see the message. Today I will send him many pictures. Who knows, he will be tempted seeing the vacation photos and willing to leave his work for a while. Oh, how sweet!'

 

"Oh? Unnie , why are you smiling alone?" Sooyoung greeted Joohyun by suprised. 

 

"Messaging with oppa?" Sooyoung grinned mischievously.

 

"No. Nothing." Joohyun immediately put the phone away in her bag.

 

Sooyoung was still grinning, 'This kid! Always know what I'm up to..'

 

"Joohyun unnieee..." Sooyoung approached her and linked their arm together. 

 

"How's Seungwan oppa ?"

 

"He's fine, he's working now.."

 

Joohyun asnwered sloppily pretended not to understand her question.

 

"That's not what I meant. I mean, is he treating you okay?"

 

"Okay..he's fine. He never hit me." Joohyun answered - 'Cliche question must be answered with a brutal answer. Actually, I want to say he's been treating me well and sometimes too sweet. But, I don't think I need to.'

 

"Good. So...when will I can get a nephew or a niece?"

 

Sooyoung's question made Joohyun's saliva got stucked in . '..I'm not prepared with the answered yet,  I never thought someone would ask that question."

 

 

Joohyun took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, "Er...where should we go next?" Joohyun changed the topic.

 

"Unnie! Don't try to change the topic."

 

"We're still in the planning.." Sooyoung nodded at Joohyun's statement.

 

'Seems like she is satisfied with the answer. For now, I'm trying to find way to melt his workaholic heart. It requires lot of patience."

 

 

_____________

 

 

Joohyun returned to the hotel at 8 pm. Sooyoung had invited Joohyun to has dinner along with Seulgi, but Joohyun refused, wanted to wait for Seungwan.

 

But when Joohyun arrived at the hotel, Seungwan was still out. Joohyun took her time to freshen up, and yet Seungwan still hadn't come back. 

 

Joohyun reached for her phone - and saw no message. Even disappointing, Seungwan didn't respond to the picture she sent. ' I think I sent him 10 pictures today. But, he didn't even reply a single text. If he's at work, he really forgets everything!'

 

While waiting for Seungwan to return, Joohyun read a novel while turning on the television with a loud volume -- scared of staying alone in a strange room. After close to 10 pm, Seungwan finally came back. 

 

Joohyun's stomach was dancing around from the hunger. 'Looks like my stomach know the source of food is back. Alright! Let's persuade him to go eat. If he has eaten, he shouldn't starve me to death.'

 

"You are back?" Joohyun jumped out of the bed. 

 

Seungwan nodded, "Have you been back for a long time?"

 

"No, I just got back." Joohyun lied, feeding her ego. 

 

"Where did you go today?" Seungwan asked.

 

'What? Didn't he see the picture I sent earlier today? Why do I see the sign indicated he had read the chat? Or he didn't know where the pictures were taken? Impossible.'

 

"Mmm..I sent you few pictures, you didn't see it?" Joohyun asked.

 

"Sooyoung said she would take me to tour around the Jeju for the next few days. So today she took me to Jungmun beach." Joohyun said as she saw Seungwan took out his phone checking his email.

 

"I see.." Seungwan replied short before he went to the bathroom.

 

'Why is he always giving me a short answer? Can't he talk properly..and did he saw the pictures or not...' Joohyun thought as her stomach started to rumble.

 

_____________

 

"Have you eaten?" Joohyun asked when he finished freshened up.

 

"I did," Seungwan sat on the bed.

 

'Oh? Is he going to sleep? But I haven't eaten yet.'

 

Before Joohyun could spoke, Seungwan had already got under the blanket and she noticed his tired eyes.

 

Joohyun contemplated whether she should wake him up and asked him to go eat with her. After all, Joohyun didn't eat on purpose as she wanted to wait for Seungwan. 

 

Joohyun took a peek at Seugwan - his eyes were closed shut and he seemed to fall asleep. At last, Joohyun could only force herself to sleep while her stomach rumbled. Joohyun was about to turn off the light, when suddenly her stomach growled. Loud!

 

Joohyun was suprised and at the same time Seungwan opened his eyes, "What's that sound?"

 

"Err...the sound of the water leaking in the bathroom. Seems like you didn't tightened the tap properly. Let me check." Joohyun quickly got up and went to the bathroom.

 

'Huh, what a relieved! How can my stomach do things like this. I know you're hungry but please hold on for tonight.'

 

"Jeez..!" Joohyun was suprised when she saw Seungwan standing in front of the bathroom door, wearing T-shirt and a pair of jeans.

 

"Go get ready now. Let's go to eat," Seungwan said.

 

______________

 

 

"Buuuurrrp.." Joohyun finally felt full. However, she felt a bit guilty as she noticed Seungwan's eyes were tired and he was feeling sleepy.

 

"Joohyun, next time don't force yourself to wait for me to come back. Take care of your health. Understood?" Seungwan said firmly while Joohyun nodded her head. 

 

"Why don't you tell me that you were hungry earlier?" he asked. 

 

"I didn't know you were coming back late," she anwered slowly, guiltily looking down. Suddenly, Seungwan gently placed a finger under Joohyun's chin and tenderly lifted it, urging her to meet his gaze. As her eyes finally rose to meet his, he spoke in a soft but determined tone.

 

"I'm sorry...and I saw your pictures but I wasn't able to reply. The scenery looked beautiful. And you..you looked really pretty."

 

Joohyun can't hide her smile when Seungwan claimed he had seen the photo.

 

"Hi, Seungwan," someone said. Startled, Seungwan pulled back from Joohyun. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Eunbi asked.

 

"I'm sightseeing, watching mermaid washing clothes in Jeju's sea," Seungwan answered sarcastically.

 

Joohyun who was sitting next to him, tried to contain her laughter. 'Oh, it seems like he likes to give brutal reply not only to me.'

 

'What more does this girl wants? Well, Seungwan is indebted to his family, he really can't do anything'

 

Uninvited, Eunbi took a sit infront of them. "It's just, I invited you to eat with me earlier, and you say you was not hungry."

 

"I'm not really hungry but my wife is. She's feeling tired, waiting for me to come back from work." Seungwan answered making Joohyun smiled wide.

 

"In that case, wait for me to eat. I'm really hungry." Eunbi continued to call the waiter.

 

Joohyun pretended to yawn while making a tired and sleepy face. She deliberately laid her head on Seungwan's shoulder trying to catch his attention.

 

"Sleepy?" Seungwan asked. Joohyun nodded.

 

"Okay, let's go to our room now."

 

"Sorry, Eunbi. I can't accompany you. I feel sleepy as well. There is a meeting tomorrow, don't go back to the hotel too late," Seungwan told Eunbi before leaving the restaurant with Joohyun.

 

Joohyun managed to glimpse at Eunbi's face before leaving and saw a face of an angry panther.

 

 


 

 

 

They had been staying in Jeju for almost a week.

 

Joohyun had never fail to send pictures to Seungwan every day, for the past one week. Though, he didn't reply, he had only seen it.

 

'When will this mission success? This is probably my longest mission to success, usually it only takes me at most two days. Or is there any technical mistake? He must be so busy. Either way, Seungwan always come back home feeling tired and sleepy. I guess this is just how he is when he is working away from his main office.'

 

Joohyun was busy spending time with Sooyoung walking around and sightseeing the island. Sometimes, it freaked Joohyun out, seeing Sooyoung had been so active with her big pregnant belly.

 

"I'm not trying to blame anyone, but Seulgi told me..Seungwan oppa supposedly is not this busy but because of Eunbi who is the project manager, she insists for oppa to come to Jeju. I feel bad that oppa has to settle her work, i bet she's trying to find a way to spend more time with him." Sooyoung stated.

 

Joohyun hatred towards Eunbi felt bigger. Indeed, she noticed that Eunbi was deliberately looking for oppurtunities to be close to Seungwan. But, that did't mean Joohyun admitted defeat.

 

Determined, Johyun unlocked her phone to take a selfie, when someone suddenly bumped into her. Immediately, the phone fell on the floor. Crush. Same as her heart.

 

"Sorry..." the woman blurted and walked away with that one word. 

 

Joohyun was not able to do anything as the woman was walking very fast. Like running away on purpose. Joohyun immediately took her broken phone, and the screen had cracked. 'Haish..how do I send a picture to my husband?'

 

"Joohyun unnie, what's wrong?" Sooyoung approached.

 

"Someone bumped into me and my phone cracked.." Joohyun showed her the broken pieces. Judging at the situation, it was impossible to be saved.

 

"I can't send pictures anymore," Joohyun exclaimed loudly.

 

"I'll message oppa right now.." Sooyoung pulled out her phone from her bag.

 

"Ehh, never mind Sooyoung-aah it's okay," Joohyun quickly stopped her.

 

"Don't bother your brother. He must be busy working. After all, it's only a phone, there's nothing much to it," Joohyun tried to convince Sooyoung, but truth she was also convincing herself.

 

"That's right.." Sooyoung agreed. "Since, we're on the middle of shopping, let's go buy a new phone!"

 

"Huh? Uh, never mind." 

 

"Unnie, oppa did gave you his card right?"

 

"He did, I have his card but I'm just afraid to use it," Joohyun answered.

 

'Well he did gave me his card for shopping..I still remember his exact word, Buy what you want. This card has no limit. Just don't buy Manen twins. But until now, I only use it to buy food. Well, I don't feel comfortable to use someone else's money for personal needs, even if it is my husband's'

 

"Just use it. Oppa gives you the card not for unnie to keep it." Sooyoung peruaded.

 

"Don't worry. I will buy it later. It's not that important."

 

"Then, how will you send a picture to oppa?" Sooyoung asked.

 

Her statement took Joohyun by suprised. 'Ehh she knows! Damn, I must have blurted it out.'

 

"Let's just say that today is my day off to send my pictures," Joohyun replied, tried to hide her shyness.

 

"Let Seungwan take a break from my pictures."

 

"Really?" 

 

Joohyun nodded. Joohyun sure there won't be any problem if she didn't send him her pictures. Not like he replied.

 

"Sooyoung-aah, can we hang out at the beach? Suddenly I want to watch the sunset?" Joohyun said.

 

"Okay," Sooyoung agreed instantly. "Let's hang out at the beach!"

 

"Let's go"

 

________________

 

Joohyun looked at her watch. It was only at 5 pm, it was way early to watch the sunset, but still she was ready.

 

Joohyun sat on the beach, people watching. Like Joohyun, there were also those who were waiting the sunset and most of them were in pairs. Joohyun felt jealous.

 

Watching sunset with the loved ones was the sweetest scene for her. Though, she came with Sooyoung, the feeling was different.

 

'If my phone is fine, I would have bombarded him with the pictures. Even if he is not here, at least we share the same scenery.'

 

"Unnie,I want to buy drinks. Don't go anywhere." Sooyoung immediately walked away from there.

 

Joohyun was back at entertaining her feelings. The wind blew softly against her face giving her a sense of calm. For a moment, she had forgotten what had happened earlier. 

 

 


 

 

Seungwan had been swamped with work all day and had barely gotten a chance to check his phone. When he finally did, he realized there were no  selfies from Joohyun.

 

That was unusual. Joohyun usually sent him at least a few selfies throughout the day, though he rarely responded immediately while at work but he always waiting for it.

 

Seungwan frowned in concern. 'Did something happened to Joohyun? She usually send me her selfies, that made my day.'

 

Seungwan knew something was off if she hadn't sent her usual cheerful selfies.  Seungwan decided to message Sooyoung as she had mentioned hanging out with Joohyun that afternoon.

 

Seungwan : [ Soyoung-aah, is your unnie okay? ]

 

Sooyoung :  [ Her phone seemed to be broken. The screen is cracked and she was having trouble using it. ]

 

Seungwan : [ That explains why she hasn't sent any pictures. But why didn't she just tell me her phone was broken? ]

 

Sooyoung :  [ Joohyun unnie doesn't want to bother you or make you worry. She probably thought taking a break from sending selfies for a day wouldn't be a big deal.]

 

Seungwan : [ But I would have wanted to know. ]

 

Sooyoung : [ I know. But Joohyun unnie  probably didn't want to disturb you at work. Just talk to her gently when you get home and offer to help fix her phone. ] 

 

Seungwan : [ Where are you guys now? ]

 

Sooyoung : [ At the beach near the resort ]

 

 


 

Joohyun was busy watching the sunset when she suddenly felt cold on her cheeck. She noticed a bottle of mineral water was touching her. 

 

As she looked up, Joohyun was suprised to see Seungwan standing next to her. She glanced aroung and saw Sooyoung waving her hand while clinging to a guy, which she sure was Seulgi, as Joohyun never met Seulgi before. 

 

Joohyun could guess what had happened - Sooyoung had probably told his brother about her broken phone.

 

"Huh? Have you finished with your work yet?" Joohyun asked when Seungwan sat next to her.

 

"No. I decided to skip it for today." Seungwan replied.

 

Joohyun was suprised since when did Seungwan knew how to skip work. 

 

"Where's the phone?" Seungwan held out his hand.

 

"Why don't you just by a new one with the card?" 

 

"I just want to ask for your permission before buying the new one. I didn't mean to trouble you." Joohyun said.

 

"I give you my card for you to use. Whether emergency or not but this is considered as an emergency. No wonder, my phone has been very silent today."

 

"You...you're waiting for my pictures?" Joohyun grinned.

 

Seungwan looked at her. But this time, Joohyun looked back into his eyes when he suddenly pinched her cheeks, "yes. I am. Now, let's go!" Seungwan answered making Joohyun blushed.

 

"Go where?"

 

"Eat. Sooyoung said you haven't eaten yet."

 

"But I want to see the sunset. Let's watch it together." Joohyun pulled his hand. 

 

This time, Seungwan didn't object. He sat next to her as the sun was currently setting.

 

The golden sun was just touching the horizon, bathing the sky in a wash of vibrant colors. Joohyun sighed contentedly as she watched the hues of yellow, pink and purple swirl together above the calm ocean waters. It was the perfect way to end the day. The view was breathtaking but hell Seungwan wasn't paying much attention to it.

 

Joohyun was staring at the sky, transfixed, barely even breathing. Out of the corner of her eye, Joohyun looked at him and then turned straight on, elbowing Seungwan. "Yaa, look at the sky."

 

"Why?" Seungwan asked.

 

"Focus. The colours won't last long."

 

"Are you going to quiz me on the sunset later?" Seungwan asked.

 

"Don't tempt me." Joohyun replied.

 

"Oh. You are tempting, Joohyun."

 

Joohyun drew in a sharp breath. Seungwan tilted closer, bringing his mouth to her ear. "You are so damn tempting."

 

Seungwan brushed her cheek with tip of his nose, inhaling deeply. ' me. I could smell her scent..it's intoxicating.. the way her natural musk mingles with her flowing perspiration...it's alluring in a primal, honest way. Mixed of freesias and the sea - it fit her.'

 

Joohyun shuddered again.

 

Seungwan wanted to draw his nose down the side of her neck, tracing his fingers up her arm, and drink in every reaction. Seungwan couldn't focus on anything now, as he was too consumed by her. It was impossible to keep his thoughts in check.

 

"Seungwan," Joohyun murmured. The last glow of twilight had long faded, enveloping the beach in darkness.

 

"God. I won't even pretend I'm paying attention." Seungwan told her. The crashing waves provided a soothing soundtrack in the stillness between them.

 

"Well, the sun has already setted. " Joohyun exhaled quietly and pulled back to meet his gaze, unsure of what to say in the strange new atmosphere.

 

Seungwan searched her eyes. "Joohyun..." he began, then trailed off, words failing him. An apologetic smile twisted his lips ruefully. How could he express what swirled within when he barely understood it himself?

 

Joohyun held his stare but said nothing, heart beating fast. 

 

Unable to bear the silence a moment more, Seungwan tenderly cupped Joohyun's jaw. Leaning slowly inward, he gave her ample time to pull away if unwanted. When she remained still, he closed the faint distance between them to brush his lips soft against hers.

 

Joohyun's eyes fluttered shut at the gentle contact, tension melting from her frame. A small whimper escaped as she kissed him back, giving silent permission for more. Joohyun melted against his stronger form, kissing him back with equal fervor as her hands gripped his shirt for anchor.

 

Seungwan's arms wound tight around her waist, crushing her to his beating heart as the kiss deepened with promised longing fulfilled beneath the tapestry of stars.

 

 

 


 

HAPPY WENRENE DAY 0815 EVERYONE !!! <3

p/s : I'm gonna stick my writing with PG 16.