Chapter 1

Seducing Mr Workaholic

The next morning came. Seungwan slowly opened his eyes and streched his arms and legs, feeling the coziness of the sheets against his skin.

 

He headed to the bathroom, took a refreshing shower, and stared at himself in the mirror after brushing his teeth. He ran a hand through his wet hair to dry it with the hairdryer. 
 

Next, he picked out his outfit for the day by taking his own time, trying different combinations of shirts, pants and shoes until he found a perfect look.

 

He made sure everything was neat, and added a touch of cologne to complete his ensemble.

 

Feeling confident and ready to go, he headed out the door, excited to meet the Bae Joohyun, the only daughter of his family's close friends, whom he met occasionally with his family. 

 

While on the other side, Joohyun remembered Tiffany told her that Seungwan hated a tardy person.

 

So, here she was sitting at a small table in the corner of the cafe, thirty minutes early while drinking her favourite hot chocolate.

 

The smell of freshly brewed coffee and pastries filled the air, but she can hardly enjoyed it as she waited anxiously.

 

Joohyun dressed comfortably yet stylish for the casual first date, wearing a pair of fitted jeans that hug her curves in all the right place.

 

The jeans were paired with a loose-fitting, flowy white blouse.

 

On her feet, she wore her signature pair of black Vans sneakers that gave her a casual, laid-back look.

 

Her hair was was styled in a sleek, low ponytail. She has kept her makeup minimal, with light foundation, a touched of mascara, and a natural lip colour.

 

 She was busy scrolling her phone when she heard a soft jingle from the cafe's door.

 

There he was, sharp at 10 am. Son Seungwan who looked dashingly handsome wearing his well-tailored suit in a dark shade of blue, with crisp white shirt underneath the unbotton jacket.

 

Seungwan then stared at Joohyun from head to toe making her nervous.

 

After few minutes of staring, Seungwan then took a sit across her and made an order. 

 

Joohyun's brain was busy trying to make up a conversation to break the silence.

 

The only topics she could thought of were something about weather, politics, and the latest drama on Netflix.

 

"About the two of us...do you agree on our parents decision?" Joohyun mustered up her courage.

 

Her question was only met by a "Hmm.." from him. Seungwan was again staring at Joohyun even while drinking his coffee. 

 

It was clear he was completely captivated by her presence. His gaze was intense yet gentle, conveying a sense of warmth and affection.

 

Alas, it was all in vain as Joohyun was weirded out by his stare.

 

He then grabbed his soft leather briefcase to take out a laptop for his work. 

 

"Is he seriously doing his work right now? Am I a wall? What a rude jerk!" the words that Joohyun had kept by herself.

 

Still trying to make a conversation, Joohyun striked up "I know we both don't want to get marry.. but since we're here, why don't you just listen to my heart-to-heart conversation while you're doing your stuff."

 

Seungwan was a good multitasker and he was listening attentively with both of his ears.

 

"Frankly, I'm happy when Suho ran away at the altar. Maybe it is a sign to show me that he is actually immature for running away like that. Isn't he just suppose to tell me the truth..it's not like he is going to hell for not wanting to marry me, the worse thing that's gonna happen is just probably to get nag by the parents. Now, I'm the one who has to pay for the price," Joohyun released her stress.

 

", did I just slipped my tongue..what if he thinks I'm the type that complaining too much. I should say something," her mind thought.
 

"Sorry. I just do not want what had happened to me to occur again. I just want you to tell me the truth if you're going to run away too," she reasoned.

 

This time, she decided to distract him by slightly tapping his laptop. Joohyun was right, Seungwan looked back at her.

 

However, there was no reaction from him except that he pointed at her fingers that still tapping the laptop.

 

Panicked by his reaction, Joohyun decided to stay quiet for the whole 20 minutes.

 

 As Joohyun kept her silence, Seungwan obviously remained silence as well.

 

The only sound greeted them was a pleasant sound of soft, acoustic music playing at the background.

 

Joohyun glanced around the cafe space aimlessly, her eyes lacking focus.

 

She sighed deeply, as if she could not wait for the situation to be over.

 

Seungwan stole a couple of quick glance when he thought she wasn't looking.

 

Due to the genuine passion of his work, he  could not help but to do his office work literally during his date. 

 

Feeling sorry, Seungwan took out two books from his bag that he had packed earlier. Seungwan recalled their conversations from years ago that Joohyun actually loves to read. 
 

"Here, my secretary always put a few books inside my bag.. just in case, I get bored.. you can read it if you want," Seungwan spoke half-truth when he had actually prepared those books for her.

 

A bright smile spread on her lips upon seeing the books. Among those two books, Joohyun picked a classical literature novel title 'A White Night' written by famous author, Irene. 

 

Joohyun then sit comfortably and completely engrossed in the novel she was reading.

 

As she turned the page, her eyes scanned the words eagerly, her expression shifting the plot twists and turns. Her eyes sparkled with delight, and she may or may not chuckled softly or let out a contended sigh as she became fully immeresed in the story.
 

As she read, the world around her seemed to fade away as she was completely absorbed in the characters and their experiences.

 

She had forgot where she was or what was happening around her.

 

As for Seungwan, he had decided to put his laptop to sleep as 6 hours had passed since Joohyun first read the first page of the novel. 

 

Unbeknownst to Joohyun, Seungwan was stealing glances at her who sat right across him.
 

His expression was curious and intrigued trying to decipher what page she was on.

 

He was admiring her beauty and wondered what she was thinking as she read.

 

He may as well tried to strike up a conversation with her about the book but being a quiet and introvert guy, he just simply continued to enjoyed the sight of her lost in her reading.

 

With the mind of not wanting to be labelled as a creep or stalker, Seungwan stopped the staring towards his future wife after 10 minutes. 

 

Joohyun was startled when she heard Seungwan let out a loud sound resulted from clearing his throat.

 

The shocked had vibrated her spirit when she noticed the total of 5 cups of drinks on their table. 4 was Seungwan's while 1 was hers.

 

By then, she saw his laptop was shutted. Joohyun looked at her wristwatch and thought, "The long hand of the watch is at 5. While the short hand is at 4. So, it's 4.25.. 4.25 in the evening !!??"

 

This time, she checked at the cafe's wall clock and the time shown was still the same.

 

Still unsatisfied, Joohyun grabbed Seungwan's wrist that equipped with a watch.

 

"Eh? 5.25 pm? Is it real?" Joohyun asked and stared at him. "My watch is one hour early," he replied.

 

"Wtf isn't he crazy.. who set their watch one hour early... but why do my stomach did not give any warning.. I haven't eat anything...what had happened?" Joohyun thought in her head.

 

"Err..," before Joohyun abled to say anything, Seungwan had packed his bag and walked to the counter for the payment. 

 

"Wait..," Joohyun said when she realised Seungwan had paid for her bill.

 

He stopped. Joohyun quickly let out a 10000 won bill while Seungwan kept staring at the money.

 

"Ah.. sorry is it not enough?" she quickly searched and opened her wallet and only to find out that she only owned another 1000 won.

 

While Joohyun letting out an awkward chuckled, Seungwan had walked away and passed by her.

 

"Waaa.. he left. I just got rejected..again."

 

On her way home, Joohyun sighed deeply. "What should I do now? Should I tell my parents the truth or should I lie? But I'm not a good liar. Should I tell them that Seungwan is not my type."

 

As she walked through the living room, she suddenly heard a crying from his mother.

 

She quickly ran toward the sound and panicked, "Mom, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Did something happen to you?"

 

"Joohyun-aah, my princess..," Tiffany weeped and hugged Joohyun. Joohyun suddenly started to cry as well. "Aigoo.. you both look ugly for crying like this," Joohyun's dad, Taeyeon said.

 

He continued, "Fany-aah.. Joohyun is a grown up and not a child,"

 

"I'm sad because she is a grown up.. she's our only child. When she's married, I have no best friend left, right Joohyun-aah?" Tiffany replied.

 

Joohyun only nodded and shocked, "Wait..what did you just said just now. Marry. I don't understand. Mom..dad?"
 

Joohyun saw Taeyeon smirked and he said, "Seungwan called and he wishes to marry you."

 

"Joohyun-aah....." Tiffany continued to sob.

 

-----------------------

I don't know if you guys will find this interesting 😭 I'll try to make it fast pace so it won't get way tooo draggy or im just gonna do the fluff part very long and descriptive ;p for our imagination. Hope you enjoy !!! I'll update at least once a week

The chapter 1 and 2 will probably started off with them preparing for marriage..they probably gonna get married by chapter 3.. there's gonna be angst along the way.