YunJae Writing Competition!

YunJae Writing Competition!

Title: The Last Winter Midnight Train

Pairing: YunJae

Author: Kim_Lily

Length: Double-Shot

~-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ~

Part 2

 

previous:

“Eomma…. I will go to Korea this winter” Yunho said to his mother.

“We can’t Yunho~ah…. Eomma and appa still have something to do” his mother gives him reason.

“I will go alone then” he pouts.

“Andwae! We will come with you!”

“But you can’t come! I already promise that I will go visit halmoni this winter” he lied.

“She will understand Yunho….”

But Yunho doesn’t want to listen to his mother anymore. He goes out from home and rides his motorcycle. Suddenly he feels bright light come near him and he feels his body being struck by something big that make his body fly and landed harshly on the ground.

“Jaejoong~ah….” was his last word before he closes his eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“ANDWAE!!!!!” Yunho wakes up from his deep slumber and panting harshly. He got nightmare and that is the worst nightmare ever in his life. Someone open his room door and run to him then hug him tightly.

“Baby…. You have nightmare, huh?” his grandmother asks worriedly and he simply nod.

“Mind to tell me what it is?” she now pats his grandson’s back lovingly.

Yunho tells her everything he saw in his dream and what makes him confused, why did he say Jaejoong’s name before he close his eyes because in his nightmare, he is still a young boy about 16 years old and he knew Jaejoong just 10 days ago.

His grandmother seems to understand and caresses his grandson’s cheek lovingly.

“So you finally ready to remember all about it Yunho~ah….” What his grandmother said like thunder in the early morning for him.

What did Halmoni mean?

“Tell me what happen!” he asks his grandmother while panting hard.

 

*flashback*

“Jaejoong~ah…. Saranghae….” A guy confesses to his friend right in front of that guy’s house after walking together from school.

“Yunho~ah….” That beautiful guy looks at his friend with teary eyes.

“I want say it so badly from the first time I see you. I’m so badly in love with you…. Please be mine Jaejoong~ah…. I’m sorry if it is too late, I know I have to go to America tomorrow with my parent, but before I go, I really want you to know about my feeling…. I love you Jaejoong~ah” he hung his head low.

“Nado saranghae…. Yunho~ah,,” he said shyly. Little Yunho widened his eyes and smile like idiot then jump like crazy.  Little Jaejoong covers his face with his palm and turn his body to leave that mansion, but strong hand grip his wrist and make him look at Yunho again. He leans closer to capture those cute lips but interrupted by a beautiful long index finger that suddenly come between his lips and Jaejoong’s. That is Jaejoong’s finger.

“Please keep it till you come back again and ready to take responsibility of your action, Yunho~ah….” and he leaves a thumb kiss to Yunho’s lips. Yunho pouts but understand.

 

The next day, Yunho and his family is ready to leave Korea. They wait for the train that will bring them to the Incheon International Airport. Yunho hold his lover’s palm tightly like never want to let it go, but he must.

“I will visit you every winter, Jaejoong~ah…. Please wait me here and I will come out from the train every winter. Just be patient ne…. because I will definitely comeback. I know you love winter so much, so you won’t be too boring waiting me. I promise…. When I comeback ten years again, I will marry you” that words really bring Jaejoong to the seventh sky. He is too happy and embraces his lover tightly as if he lets him go now, he won’t meet him anymore.

 

-1 year later-

“Yunho are you alright?!!” Mrs. Jung asks with teary eyes seeing his only son laying weakly on his bed with bandages all around his body, especially his head.

“Eomma…. What happen?” he asks with hoarse.

“You got accident, baby…. You make me worry to death! Thanks God finally you are awake!” she said feels relieve. Yunho just lay back and close his eyes again because the sleepiness takes him over.

“Mrs. Jung, this is the result of your son’s condition” the doctor hands her the result.

“It is miracle that he can survive but his head hit something hard and he will probably lost some of his memories. It is not total amnesia, but he will forget something from his past, maybe his childhood or something really important to him that he thinks the most. But out of those, he is totally fine” the doctor give hope to Mrs. Jung.

 

And from that day, Yunho doesn’t remember much about his past in Korea, and the worst thing is he forgot about Jaejoong and the promises he made toward him. He never comes back to Korea, not in winter or another season. He never comes back. He is not aware that someone there, waiting for him desperately for years, but he never comes back.

*flashback ends*

 

“I don’t know that you will forget about Jaejoong too” his grandmother ends her story and that brings Yunho to his past time, he remembers all what he left behind. He even remembers that it is already ten years, the time for him to fulfill his promise to marry Jaejoong.

“I *sob* have been waiting for *sob* him, but he…. He promised me to *sob* marry me, but….”

So the one he waits all this time while crying in the station is me?? Suddenly he feels guilty and stands up immediately to prepare himself to meet his love.

 

“Mianhae Jaejoong~ah…. Mianhae….” He said while tears flowing from his orbs.

He takes his clothes randomly and wears it as soon as possible, “You’ve been waiting for me this last ten years…. I’m sorry I was late for ten years, but I don’t late to marry you” he wipes his tears and run down stair only being stopped by his grandmother.

“Where will you go Yunho?” she asks worriedly.

“What else? I will go to Jaejoong and apologize. I will fulfill my promise to marry him after ten years” he keeps walking and about to pass the door.

“You can’t!!” his grandmother shouts and he stopped immediately.

“Why can’t I? Of course I can!!” and he leaves the house without even looking back.

 

He arrives at Jaejoong’s mansion and rang the bell. A lady about his mother’s age opens the door. Yunho can remember her face, she is Jaejoong’s mother. That lady seems shock at first but she welcomes him to come in.

“It has been long time, Yunho~sshi….” She said sadly.

“Ne aunty…. But…. Can I meet Jaejoong, please….” Mrs. Kim looks down and goes to her room taking his coat and bag.

“I will bring you to him, come with me” Yunho just following Mrs. Kim and enters the car. They drive along the country street and stopped at the place that he doesn’t know. When Yunho comes out, he widened his eyes seeing what in front of his eyes, graveyard?!!

Yunho prepares himself to the worst thing he could expect. He walks behind Mrs. Kim and arrive at a beautiful grave with flowers that seem not die even in the winter.

“He is here, Yunho~sshi” Yunho widened his eyes and see the grave in front of him. He can’t believe his own eyes before he touch that grave and crying hard after he reads the words carved on its stone

 

R.I.P

KIM JAEJOONG

January 26, 1986 – February 26, 2009

 

He feels his legs become weak and he falls on the ground still crying and sobbing hard.

God, tell me it is lie... please tell me it is lie... Did You hear, God?
Now it is such strangeness, I'm hugging onto the layers of snowflakes that falls on your grave.

 

“Jaejoong~ah…. Mianhae…. Jaejoong~ah…. Jaejoong~ah!!” the tears just can’t stop flowing from his eyes as he crying harder and harder.

“Yunho~sshi…. He leaves this diary and he has your name written on the back of this diary. I think he wrote it for you” Mrs. Kim hands Yunho Jaejoong’s red diary while sobbing. Yunho takes it from her hand and embrace it tightly just like embracing the owner.

***

 

January 1, 2001

Good morning my dear diary!! I know it is weird to write diary in such early morning, hehehehe…… but I am just too happy because this is exactly a year after he left for America and he promise me he will come today!!! I will wait him at the station just like he asked me to. Be ready Yunho because Jaejoong will definitely hug you till you can’t breathe!! I miss you!!! :p

 

He is so happy just to wait for me… Yunho wipes his tears and continue reading the same page.

 

Yah…. He didn’t come… *pout*. Did he aware that I miss him so much? I already wait for him till morning but he didn’t come…. Maybe he is busy, my dearest diary. Maybe he will come tomorrow!! JI will wait for him again tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and the day after after tomorrow.. hehehe.. I love you Jung Yunho…

 

That was the day I got accident, Yunho talks to himself and crying while flipping another page.

 

January 26, 2003

Today is my birthday…. The third birthday without him…. Maybe he forgot about me already…. (Don’t ever think about it Jaejoong…. He loves you). I really want to ask you, Yunho~ah…. Did you forget your promise? At least writ for me and tell me the reason why you never come back…. I miss you…. T_T

 

Mianhae Jaejoong~ah….

 

Desember 25, 2005

Christmas!!!!

I love it when Christmas comes…. The snow will fall softly on the ground and it really is beautiful!! I remember when I and Yunho running around his big mansion under snowfall. He is very very very handsome at that time. That was the first time I realize I love him, I know it is silly, but I simply love him as someone special, not as best friend again.

Huft…. My tears…. I will wait for you again at the station Yunho…. Make sure that you come!! If you aren’t coming, I will definitely fly to America and drags you to come home!! Hahahahaha… Saranghae…. :D

 

July 24, 2007

Yunho~ah…. Doctor told me that I have leukemia…. I don’t know what will happen to me next…. Please comeback as soon as possible…. I miss you…. Really miss you…. I don’t have much time left Yunho…. All I want is meeting you…. I don’t have any request, I just want you to comeback Yunho~ah…. Jebal….

 

Yunho widened his eyes while reading that page and tears began to fall down again and again. He feels guilty that he left his love fight alone in such terrible condition.

 

September 10, 2008

Diary…. Finally today I met him!!! I met my Yunho!! I saw him on television!! Oh my god…. He really is handsome now…. My Yunho is definitely the most handsome man in the whole world!! Kekekeke…….

He has become a super model and good singer! No wonder…. He has that beautiful husky voice and it made him even more and more handsome!!

But now…. I think that he forgot me already…. I know it is hurt to say such things, but look at me now…. I am weak, I have nothing, I don’t have much time left…. I am nothing compared to him. Did you really forget me already, Yunho~ah…?? If it is so…. Don’t ever comeback just to see me in this kind of condition …. Leave me if you have to…. But please…. Don’t ever forget me….

 

kaze ni natte sotto tsutsumitai. Kimi ga iru sekai ni sugutonde yukitai, aitakutemo aitakutemo…. matterukara tada wasurenaide

 

February 25, 2009

Diary….

I’m tired of waiting already…. I am in pain, I’m in pain to wait for him and hold on his promises…. I can’t wait anymore…

Don’t you know how precious you are for me, Yunho~ah?? I love you every day and never once my love lost, NEVER! I love you…. I don’t know loving you will be this hard. Why did I fall in love with you? Why?!!

I don’t know whether I still have chance to wait for your sweetest promise, to marry me…. It is actually 2 years again, Yunho~ah…. I don’t know whether I could live till that beautiful day….

Yunho~ah…. I will let go of your love…. Live happily with your love, ne…. I’m tired already….

I will wait you at station once again, this night…. I hope you will come…. If not, I will just bring this memorize of you fade away with me into my grave…

Saranghae….

 

Nado saranghae….Yunho cries hard, his tears makes the diary wet. He hugs the diary and cries his heart out. He flips the other page but it is empty to the end. Yeah…. That was the last writing of Jaejoong, February 25, because the gravestone curved with the date February 26. He is gone.

“So all this time I meet you is….” He can’t understand such things, but he knows his Jaejoong loves him and misses him so much till he come to him.

***

-Yunho POV-

I sit on the spot that Jaejoong always sit while waiting me. I just sit there and do nothing from afternoon till now, night. I just want to know how it feels like when Jaejong sit here alone waiting for me all day long. I want to feel his grieve.

I put my earphone on my ears and began to listen to my own song. I have one special song that I write. I don’t know why I write it so sadly, but now I knew the reason why. Mine ad Jaejoong’s heart are still connected to each other. I write it when Jaejong passed away.

 

The wind is blowing a glowing of the sky
the fated 2 of us even if it’s a distance away
time passes, the spaces that passes by is long
it seems to be love…. it seems to be longing

Your smile has captivated me
after the flowers have fallen
we will start all over again

If we walk on the fallen leaves while we’re together
the lady who took my heart
I promise eternally
shimmering to the eyes, in the beautiful dream

Seems like an ordeal has come
gone the darkness…. come the morning
remain in the memory unaware
always towards you, my heart fills with tears

Under the same sky
we dream of the same dream
the brightness of the star’s lights’
this occasion captivated me
A song that will be sang someday
that day will come for sure
i will say I love you
with all my heart-felt feelings

The fear of the past, i will cherish it eternally
going towards the reality even if I can’t see you, I will come back for you
seems like it’s love…. seems like it’s longing
after the flowers have fallen, we~
start over again…. Star over again

 

Someone pats his shoulder from behind and he turns to look that person, a man in his 50 years old smile at him and sit beside him. He unplugs his earphone from his ears and greets him politely.

“You must be someone Jaejoong waiting for” that person smiles kindly at him.

“He must be love you so much. He waits for you for about 8 years, I join him sometimes and talking about random things. He died here in the early morning after the last midnight train of the day passes by. I help him when he fall unconscious all of sudden with nose bleeding. He really is beautiful, he never once looks at another man. I know someday you will come, sit here and crying, just like him” Yunho cries his heart out hearing to that man.

"I am sorry, but who are you?" he asks politely

"My name is Kim Sooro" that oldman smiles kindly, Yunho widened his eyes.

"I'm sorry aboji..." he hugs Kim Sooro and he just smile holding back his tears while patting Yunho's hair.

 

“Live a happy life, young man. He loves you and he definitely wants you to be happy. Just don’t ever forget him because he doesn’t deserve to be forgotten” the old man leave after saying it.

Just after that, the last train of the day passes by, bringing back the old memorizes and loves that he left behind. He can’t get rid of his regret all his life, but he decided that he will live for those memorizes. He will live happily for his Jaejoong…. thought it was hard...

 

“Saranghae” he said finally and a beautiful angel embraces him from behind

"nado saranghae" he whispers  to Yunho's ears,

a snow flake fall on Yunho's lap, he touch it and it melted.

"Your winter is ended, Jaejoong~ah.... today is definitely spring..." he smiles warmly, giving the warmth in the last day of winter that year.