Chapter 32: All in a day's work

Once and Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The usually jovial and plump man sat at the opposite side of the long table in the board room, staring at the woman he had watched blossomed into this efficient and effective manager for Hwasa. There was no smile on his face as he maintained the gaze.

The subject in question was once a trainee of the company more than a decade ago. When they discovered that she was a pregnant, single omega mother, they had no choice but to end her contract as a trainee. However, her wonderful work ethnics, bubbly character and gift had him made an offer to manage Hwasa instead. He had never regretted that decision since.

She was even more gorgeous now, compared to the first time he had met her. She had the same brilliant golden hair that shimmered in the sun, just albeit glossier. There was a healthy glow instead of pallor that needed to hide with makeup. Her expressive bright honeyed eyes had remained the same, still burning with the same passion to succeed.

He had offered her the opportunity to debut when the issue of her status was resolved; she was no longer a single omega mother. She had mated with a powerful and renown woman, Col Moonbyul and that was considered a formal relationship by the secondary gender’s perspective. His eyes rested on her bare left ring finger thoughtfully. “Pregnant huh?” He voiced aloud, tentative.

Kim Yongsun nodded respectfully. “Yes, I’m in my first trimester.”

“It wasn’t a stomach flu?” He asked, out of concern.

She shook her head. “No, it was. It just masked the symptoms of my condition.”

“I guess congratulations are in order,” smiled CEO Kim paternally. “Another pup huh. It has only been a few months since you claimed your handsome alpha.” There was a teasing lilt to his tone. Colonel Moonbyul was a very attractive woman that would do well in their industry if she desired to join. She was effortlessly charming and had a dangerous air that seemed to beckon omegas and women like moths to a flame.

Yongsun groaned aloud. “Not you too.” She cradled her head with a hand.

“How do you feel? Is it anything like your previous pregnancy?” CEO probed gently.

“I think my little bean doesn’t like the scent of roses. Otherwise, I’ve been well,” confessed Yongsun. There was some nausea in the morning, nothing too worrying. It helped that anyone who was caring for her would have that special blend of apple and cinnamon ready to settle her uneasy stomach. They had even broken down her meals into smaller portions so that it would be easier on her digestion system. It occurred to her that everyone in the Moon family was on board to ensure that she was cared for. “I’ve never felt better,” admitted the beautiful omega finally, a blush creeping to colour her plump cheeks.

She could not tell that she was personally taken care by an entourage of Moon alphas and a doctor. That and an entire household of staff.

“You never looked better, Solar-ssi,” smiled CEO Kim. A part of him was glad that she had finally found a family that cared for her even though they might be a chaebol. “Solar, are you certain that you still wish to debut alongside with Hwasa?”

She nodded without missing a beat. “It has been my dream, CEO Kim. I don’t think my current condition would affect my debut if I could wrap up all my activities in half a year and be given half a year to give birth and recuperate.”

He nodded absently, steepling his hands together. “It still fits with our trajectory for your duo. I suspect that if we do not agree to your request, we might look forward to a possible acquisition.” He chuckled wryly.

The smile on Yongsun’s face stiffened. “Well, you might not be too far off,” laughed Yongsun awkwardly, waving her hand dismissively. “All we need to do is plan our first stage when Jinie-ah returns to work tomorrow.”

CEO Kim looked surprised. “Has it already been two days?” He rubbed the back of his neck. “How is our star?”

Yongsun grinned widely. “Bored. She is completely off her pain killers as of last morning. The doctor kept her so that they could start her on her physiotherapy.”

He nodded grimly. “Twit did a number to her lower back. It’s good that she is seeking care for it finally.”

Injuries were part and parcel of their job in this cut- throat industry. There was also knee injuries from wearing heels all the time and gastric from fasting to keep their figure.

“If you don’t have any questions, Solar, you will still discharge your duties as stipulated by the contract you signed as an artist,” prompted CEO Kim, smiling faintly.

“Not at all, thank you for agreeing to meet me first thing this morning.” She bowed slightly, expressing her heartfelt gratitude.

The affable CEO waved it off absently. “No, thank you for coming in so early today. My schedule for the past two days had been packed and I wanted to speak to you in person.”

The blonde nodded absently. She had called CEO Kim on the very night that Hyejin was admitted to hospital due to the short runway to their debut. However, he could only arrange for an urgent meeting on the morning two days after.

He rose to his feet and walked to the door. “Take care of yourself and the little one.”

The blonde nodded, touching her abdomen tenderly. She opened the door and let CEO Kim exit from the room first.

He stopped suddenly, looking at her. “Your alpha is OK with the arrangement right?”

Yongsun cocked her head slightly, perplexed. “Who?”

The jovial man was taken aback from her question. “Wait. What do you mean by who? An omega can only have an alpha mate right?” He quirked his brows quizzically, quite certain that his basic knowledge of the secondary gender was correct.

“Oh, you mean Moonbyul? Yea, she is OK,” reassured Yongsun at once, running her hand through her hair. She blushed slightly when Oppa inferred that she was in an open relationship.

“With our Hyejin being the other half of the duo?” CEO Kim clarified further.

She nodded without missing a beat. She did not think she ought to tell Oppa that Hyejin was technically dating her sister-in-law.

“Good. I hate for anything to happen to her. I’m glad that your mate has such an open mind. Hyejinie, after all, was effectively the stand-in sire of your Doldol since she took care of you and the pup.”

Yongsun looked at him strangely. “No, Doldol and I don’t see Hyejinie that way.” She tried not to make a face. “Jinie-ah is just a beloved aunty, my sister.”

CEO Kim looked sheepish. “I’m sorry that I suggested that.” He rubbed his nape. “You mentioned other alphas?” He tried to change the subject.

The pregnant omega nodded. “There is Doldol and my father-in-law. Uh, don’t get too weird out if staff from the Moon clan pop by often.” She resisted the urge to rub her temple at the thought of their protectiveness.

“Ah.” Dohoon looked at her sympathetically. He reached out a hand to pat her back but resisted at the final moment. “I’ll let the management know. I’ll see you around.” He stowed his hands into his pockets and left.

Yongsun shook her head lightly, staring at the retreating back of the CEO. She was still reeling from Oppa’s idea of her relationship with Jinie. How could he even think of that easy-going alpha as a stand-in sire? The younger alpha simply got used to the smell that naturally warded off unrelated alphas just like any family member then. She breathed a sigh of relief, glad to receive the management approval to debut as an artist. Her heart swelled with excitement now that it was truly in the works. It still felt surreal even though she had already recorded the song and practice the dance choreography for two weeks.

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a staff bearing the Moon clan’s emblem on his jacket. She sighed inwardly, realising that it was delivery of food and vitamins.

He sank into a deep bow, expressing his respect for the pregnant omega. “Lady Solar, good morning. These are snacks for tea. The meals had been adjusted to supply Lady Solar with energy for work while maintaining your slimness.”

The pregnant omega nodded. “Thank you. Am I to expect you late at lunch?” She was rather uncomfortable with his reverence. However, she noticed that he had thoughtfully approached her only when she was alone.

“Yes, Lady Solar. If you have something you prefer to have, please let Leader Moon or Young Leader Moonbyul know,” added he gravely. He handed over the bag of food with two hands, bowing deeply.

“Thank you. Please help me to convey my gratitude to the rest of the staff too. I’ll see you later then,” concluded Yongsun, starting to feel exhausted from trying to maintain this courteous yet superior image befitting of the future Lady Moon.

The staff bowed until she departed the vicinity, holding the bag of food. She headed towards the practice room, ready to revise the choreography for the debut stage.

When lunchtime came, Yongsun was surprised by the sight of a beautiful silver-haired woman dressed in a leather sport jacket, matched with black trousers. Her long silver hair framed her exquisite feminine, pointed face. Her bangs covered her forehead but did not hide those penetrating sapphire eyes. The pure black outfit only added an enigmatic air to the charismatic woman. In the sharp light, she could see how the silk black dress shirt contrasted brilliantly against the leather jacket.

Moon Byulyi simply raised a small bag of food to indicate the reason for her presence. “A special delivery for Ms Solar?” She offered a devastating lopsided smile as she stepped into the practice room with careless grace.

Hwasa’s new manager, Chae Soojin, blinked continuously at the sight of her, enamoured. How could she not be attracted to this beautiful, charming and powerful CEO? She fanned herself with a hand, still staring openly at the handsome CEO.

The charming smile faded from Byulyi when she felt the besotted gaze of the new manager. The memory of Yongsun’s possessiveness flashed in her mind briefly and she became solemn, clearing openly to get the full attention of the younger woman. It started the newly-promoted manager. “I’m Moonbyul, the mate of Solar,” stated Byulyi confidently, her chest swelled with pride. It felt so novel that she could introduce herself that way. It was a title that she cherished very much.

Yongsun was ignoring her openly, still staring at her reflection in the mirror. Her golden hair was tied in a updo bun, baring her sensual nape. She wore a teal sports bra and a dark grey yoga pants that clung to her every curve and revealed her toned abdomen muscles. She was still stretching, trying to cool down.

Byulyi placed the bag of food on the table before making a beeline to her mate. Yongsun only met her gaze through the mirror when Byulyi rested a hand on the dip of her back possessive as Yongsun straightened herself. She completely ignored the introduction of the manager, only having eyes for her beautiful mate.

“Chae Soojin, I’m the manager of Hwasa but I will also manage Ms Solar when she debuts soon.” She bowed deeply.

Silence lengthened uncomfortably for several moments until Yongsun jerked her head towards the younger woman.

Byulyi remembered herself. “I see,” remarked the CEO idly, her gaze never leaving Yongsun. “Thank you for taking care of my mate.” She did not care that Yongsun rolled her eyes openly. “Unnie, are you hungry?” She asked in a low and raspy voice, her lip sinfully. She was still staring at her through hooded eyes. All she could focus was how sensual her mate was as she practised her dance choreography.

A heat crept up Yongsun’s neck and coloured her plump cheeks. She resisted the urge to fan herself with a hand. The hunger in Byulyi’s eyes were doing things to her. She narrowed her eyes at her playful mate, earning a faint smile from the stoic CEO. “Soojin-ah, I’ll be having my break for an hour.”

“Only an hour?” Byulyi whispered the question huskily into her ear and Yongsun shivered openly.

“Of course, Ms Solar. I’ll excuse myself,” spluttered the newly-promoted manager when she detected the smell of pheromones. She blushed furiously and darted out of the practice room, leaving the couple alone.

“You’re horrible,” chided Yongsun, turning to hit her chest weakly. Byulyi simply caught that hand as she stared at her through her eyelashes. Her cherry-shaped lips curled in a devastating lopsided smile.

“Am I?” Byulyi whispered huskily, giving the older woman a chance to reject her as she closed the distance between them slowly.

Byul was horrible! She knew what this deep, hoarse voice did to her. A heated flush swept through her entire body, knowing that her alpha desired her.

Yongsun sighed but she closed her eyes, waiting expectantly for the inevitable. And Byulyi would always satisfy.

A hot mouth crashed against hers, hungrily devouring her generous lips. Byulyi, swept by her want, simply led her generous lips, setting her on fire. The very heat of the kiss had Yongsun dig her fingers into her silver hair and pull her closer.

A roaring fire was lit, ready to blaze out of control.

The beautiful omega simply returned the kiss with equal zeal, their tongues duelling passionately for dominance as hands wandered, touching everywhere. It had only set her skin tingling when Byulyi caressed her bare skin gently.

When Byulyi started to attack the crook of her neck, bent on deepening the mark that she had left on this beautiful omega, Yongsun’s lungs greedily gulped in air as she clung desperately on her mate, her knees jellied.

All of a sudden, Byulyi stopped feasting on her neck, breathing heavily into the crook of her neck. She dropped her hands to touch her toned and bare stomach with so much gentleness that tears pricked Yongsun’s eyes. The whiplash from all the emotions that Byulyi was inciting had her burying her face into her chest, feeling the way her heart thundered.

“My Yong,” breathed Byulyi harshly, pressing an open-mouthed kiss on her mating mark.

Yongsun was simply a captive to the sensations that Byulyi was evoking. She moaned sinfully when her mate kissed her mating mark again. She whined, her brows furrowed. She knew that Byulyi was only teasing her since she would never do anything to her in her workplace. The silver-haired woman would prefer to keep their affections private.

The silver-haired woman chuckled huskily, pressing one last kiss on her mating mark before she released her fully, stepping back. “I’m so tempted to shut this down so that I’m the only one that can enjoy your charms, Unnie.”

The pregnant omega scowled. “You better be joking, Byul. You were the one who encouraged me to chase after my dream.” There was some heat in her voice.

The silver-haired woman flashed a lopsided smile. “I know.” She took her hand and entwined their fingers together sweetly. She guided her girl to the table and chairs at the back of the practice room where the bag of lunch was. “Shall we eat here or go somewhere else, Unnie? I think you will benefit from a change of scenery.”

Byulyi had somehow reined her desires in expertly, treating her like a princess.

Yongsun shook her head lightly. “It’s good here. I don’t really feel like going anywhere until I have mastered the dance.”

“As my omega commands,” smiled Byulyi teasingly, earning a light smack on the chest. She chuckled when she succeeded in provoking her mate.

“Aish, why are you so greasy?” Yongsun complained and sighed aloud. “Anyway, why are you here? I was expecting the staff to send my lunch.” She sat down and waited for Byulyi to set the table.

“Why do you think I’m here?” Byulyi countered with the same question. “All the positions to take care of you has been taken up. I had to find a way to spend some time with you.” She huffed. It was difficult to contest with Father and their son, Pip. “And they had good reasons. Father had experience taking care of a pregnant omega and Pip is our pup and very sensitive to your needs.” She sighed as she laid out their lunch, just two bento.

Yongsun chuckled fondly, entertained by her exasperation as she took the bento and the cutleries gratefully.

Byulyi just sat down, looking exhausted. “Father is just gonna entrust more work to me so that he can be the doting Pop Pop. You’re my omega and this is our pup,” groused the silver-haired woman, annoyed. She placed her bento in front of her, taking a pair of chopsticks.

“Well, that leaves us with more time to be together just as a couple,” quipped Yongsun, taking a mouthful of food. She nodded happily. In her wildest dreams, she did not expect to be spoilt by three alphas when she was carrying a pup. It felt surreal given that she was tossed out to the streets when her family found out that she was carrying Doldol. She reached to squeeze her hand. “I’m embarrassed and overwhelmed. Partly because it was so different from my pregnancy with Doldol. I didn’t really have someone then.”

Byulyi grew serious at once. “I’m sorry, Unnie.” Determination gleamed in her sapphire eyes as she made her decision at once. It wasn’t about her feelings that was important here. “I’m glad. You should have someone in this trying period. I guess I can take a backseat.”

Yongsun’s face brightened with a wide smile, little indents appearing under her generous lips. She stared at her mate, her eyes bright with love. She reached to caress her cheek gently. “Thank you.” Her gaze softened with love as Byulyi leaned into her touch.

It was Byulyi who broke the sweet moment unwillingly, clearing . “Unnie, you should finish your lunch while it is hot.”

The pregnant omega smiled sweetly at her. “OK. Can we make this a daily routine?”

“Even after you debut?” Byulyi asked, surprised. Artists tend to keep their relationships private.

“It is a matter of time when everyone realised that I’m a mated omega with a son,” answered Yongsun casually as she continued to eat.

Byulyi nodded absently, agreeing with her. “That’s true. But from the very beginning? Is that wise?”

Yongsun rested her chopsticks on the table, looking at Byulyi seriously. “Are you suggesting that you’re willing to let Solar be this single omega singer that debut alongside Hwasa?”

The silver-haired woman considered the question openly as she set her chopsticks down. “Yes.” She nodded cautiously. “Solar the singer can appear as a single omega so that the public can be fair to her.” She frowned in thought. “It’s like my public imag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter