Chapter 11: Like Gravity

Once and Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun was annoyed, trying to supress the need to run her hand through her wavy, blonde hair while parking the black SUV. There was no response from her charge, Ahn Hyejin which meant that she would have to barge into her apartment and drag the sleeping singer into the office for the emergency meeting at nine.

The manager thought that she would have some time to tease Moon Byulyi, the sire of her pup after the latter had returned from sending their pup, Kim Dopul to school. Apparently, the beautiful, stunning, silver-haired woman was held up for some reasons that the younger woman did not wish to share. She was made even more frustrated by the lack of response from Hyejin, no matter how many times she texted and called, which meant that she needed to make an earlier trip to Hyejin’s apartment to drag that singer out of bed. She only had time to give Byulyi the passcode to the apartment before she rushed out of the apartment and drove to the building that Hyejin stayed.

The security guard greeted Yongsun warmly as she stepped out of the spacious car. She used to be a resident until the company decided that it would be too scandalous for an unmated omega with a pup to live with an alpha. It had been her home for three years so it was very intuitive for her to press the highest floor as she entered the elevator and let her mind wander.

Her mind drifted to the beautiful silver-haired guest with penetrating blue eyes that she had agreed to house for a week. She had no opportunity to enquire about her homeless status, knowing that it must be a tale since the CEO had the scent of Krystal Jung.

After Byulyi finally revealed the name of her former fiancée from a decade ago, she could not help finding out more about her. Krystal Jung was the youngest daughter from the main family of the Jung Chaebol who ran the most extensive line of hospitals in the country. She was naturally very beautiful, with large, doe-like eyes and a fragility that encouraged assertive alphas and beta men to protect and spoil, so unlike her.

Yongsun sighed, shaking her head. Her fragility of being an omega had eroded from a decade of self-reliance and raising a pup mostly by herself. She was confident, assertive at times when it came to negotiations of terms for her charge, Hwasa, and fully self-sufficient. She could not see how her confidence and reliance on self could attract the attention of a confident, powerful and possessive alpha. Did she even want to be attractive to such an alpha?

The elevator stopped finally and she broke free from her reverie, blinking continuously. She marched to the door of Hyejin’s apartment and keyed in the passcode instead of pressing the doorbell. A ‘beep’ signalled that the code was correct and the door was unlocked, she entered the spacious living room, ignoring the arcade machine at the doorway.

“Ahn Hyejin!” Yongsun yelled, annoyed, scanning the living room openly. The room looked mostly in order, a rarity. Hyejin was one of those individuals who preferred to laze around the house whenever she had any pocket of free time, leaving the cleaning entirely to the staff—it used to drive Yongsun crazy before they could afford cleaning services. “Did she have guests over yesterday?” She muttered to herself.

No wishing to scar herself this early in the morning, Yongsun made a beeline to the kitchen in search of evidence of guests and found it immediately. There was an empty bottle of champagne on the marbled counter, along with two crystal flutes. That explained why Wheepup did not check her apartment for Byulyi, only checking with her in the morning if the silver-haired woman was at her place.

Yongsun’s eyes gleamed impishly as she smirked. “Wheepup! I know that you’re here!” She ignored the guest room and walked to the master bedroom, pounding on the door loudly. “Ahn Hyejin, I’m coming in!” She opened the door, keeping her gaze on the ground. There was a loud shriek—Wheein’s—and someone tumbled on the floor loudly.

“My heart!” Hyejin whined as she sat up. “Why did you kick me out of the bed?” She pouted openly at the red-haired omega in her bed.

Yongsun lifted her head and saw the dark-haired woman resting on the ground, rubbing her back. She was dressed in a loose shirt with bright yellow pyjama pants. “Good morning, Jinie-ah,” greeted Yongsun, amused. She was glad that she came early and could enjoy this scene. “Did you not check your mobile?”

“No, Unnie,” whined Wheein. Her fiery red hair fanned around the pillow and she had lay on her side, trying to catch second wind. “Her mobile rang so frequently after dawn and disturbed my sleep. This little golden pig here slept through it,” hissed the red-haired omega as she sat up tiredly. “Good morning, Unnie. I’ve kicked the lazybones to the floor,” mumbled Wheein, yawning as she sat up and stretched her body like a cat.

Hyejin sulked, crossing her legs inwards. “Ganging up on me. Why are you here, Unnie?”

The manager folded her arms across her chest. “Because of something you have done behind our backs. Go get changed. We need to be at the office at nine—”

“—CEO Kim is so evil. He knows I hate morning meetings,” whined the singer, lying on the floor again.

Yongsun’s brow ticked with annoyance. “Ahn Hyejin, you made it into headlines for allegedly siring a child.”

Wheein’s grey eyes widen as she stared at the owner of the apartment on the floor. “Seriously?”

“I didn’t!” Hyejin protested as she crawled across the floor, grabbed her mobile from the bedside table and checked the news. Her brows furrowed as she studied the video. “Wait, this is me and Pip…” She covered at once when she realised the issue. “Wait. I cannot be the sire of Pip. Oh.” She glanced at the older woman guiltily.

“What did you do again, Hyejinie?” Wheein demanded when she realised that it involved Dopul.

Hyejin knew that she was in trouble, Pip had Wheein wrapped around his fingers. “It wasn’t me,” protested Hyejin animatedly, climbing on the bed. “It was all Pip—”

Wheein folded her arms across her chest, unimpressed. “—Pip is a nine-year old child. He cannot coerce you into doing something you didn’t want.” She glanced at Yongsun who was standing by the door. “What did my foolish heart do this time, Unnie?”

“She took Dopul to a clinic and conducted a paternity test,” elaborated Yongsun casually. “She has made it to the most searched topic for the past four hours.” She rested against the wall, staring at the two younger women.

Sleep faded from the grey eyes of Wheein as she looked at the dark-haired woman expectantly. “Tell me you didn’t, Ahn Hyejin.” Her red brows furrowed. She did not hide the threat in her tone.

Hyejin bowed her head regretfully and held her silence. Wheein launched herself on the voluptuous woman, smacking her shoulders several times. “Why did you do such a reckless thing! You got the answer three days ago, didn’t you! I was still wondering why your attitude towards Unnie had a 180 degrees change!”

The singer held her hands up in surrender as the shorter woman continued to hit her shoulder and chest. “Pip wanted me to do it!”

“Yah! Don’t you know how influential the Moon clan is! Everyone who is associated to the clan will be able to tell that Pip is a Moon alpha pup—”

“—But didn’t Pip acted as CEO Unnie’s child in an advertisement?” Hyejin protested. “It can’t be that bad—"

“—The public, including the Moon clan believed that Pip was wearing a wig and contact lens to look like the child of Unnie! The advertisement was so overt that no one would believe that we will cast a child of Moonbyul!” Wheein hissed. She got out of bed swiftly, distraught.

Hyejin’s face fell when she realised the trouble they had created. “Does that mean…” She looked at Yongsun worriedly. She would regret for the rest of her life if this foolish action was the cause of the process of Yongsun losing Dopul.

“It’s OK, Wheepup. Byul has handled it,” reassured Yongsun when she noticed that the younger omega was truly mad. She took Wheein’s hand and squeezed it tenderly, staring deeply into her eyes. “I’m just here to take your heart to the office for the emergency meeting. We need to release a statement to the press.”

Wheein sighed, relieved. She patted her chest, trying to reassure herself. “OK. Byul Unnie will handle it well.” She turned to look at Hyejin, her face contorted with annoyance. “My heart, get going. You need to shower and get changed for the meeting.”

The dark-haired woman whined as she embraced the red-haired omega from the back, resting her chin on her shoulder. She pressed her nose to breathe in her blueberry scent. “Just one more minute please?”

Wheein removed her arms from her, nudging the pitiful woman away from her. “Don’t make Unnie wait for you.”

Hyejin pouted and sulked all the way into the bathroom. The door to the bathroom closed with a soft ‘click’. Finally, the two omegas were alone.

“How is Unnie?” Wheein asked worriedly, grabbing the hands of Yongsun with hers. “The forced separation from you and Pip did a number to her. That stupid Unnie also did not tell me how she was going to sneak out of the Moon residence, only that she did.” She scowled.

“Was it due to the separation, Wheepup? She was in such a bad shape,” remarked Yongsun, remembering the sorry state of Byulyi when she answered the door. “She managed to nap for a bit in Doldol’s room. When I woke up, sire and pup were already up making breakfast.” She scratched the side of her nose. “We had a small fight over Krystal—”

Wheein frowned. “—Why? What did that conniving do again?” She asked heatedly as her eyes hardened with the desire to hurt someone. “I know that the could not take a hint, trying to convince Unnie to take her back while disparaging my reputation last night.” She growled.

Yongsun, sensing her distress, automatically pumped out pheromones to calm the younger and protective omega down. She took her hands and squeezed them tenderly. “She scented your Unnie,” explained the manager calmly. When she saw Wheein’s face contorting with anger, she added hastily. “The scenting was very surface.” The younger omega calmed down at once. The blond omega ran her hand through her wavy hair distractedly. “I don’t know why I lost control of my temper and hit your Unnie.” She bowed her head shamefully.

The red-haired omega studied the older woman carefully. “Do you really not know, Unnie?” She squeezed her hands reassuringly. She wondered if she ought to tell her about the leader’s decision for Byulyi to be wedded with the only daughter of the Lee chaebol, a clan that had been courting the Moon clan persistently.

Yongsun sighed wistfully, scrubbing her face with a hand. “Your Unnie is a very attractive alpha,” confessed the manager in a soft voice, her cheeks pink. “Her paternal side is so devastating,” sighed the manager, fanning herself with a hand. “She has been a very good partner when it comes to taking care of Doldol. Doldol can be a little stubborn at times and Byul just have a way with him.” Her gaze gentled at the very memory.

Wheein hummed a noise of acknowledgment. She had spent a lot of time with Byulyi and Pip together so she could comprehend the magnetism of kind, paternal Byul. She decided to change the topic. “Has Unnie recovered?”

Yongsun considered her question, trying to recall the injuries on Byulyi. “Her knuckles were OK this morning. I’m unsure if she had recovered from her exhaustion.”

“Huh. Didn’t Unnie shared your bed?” Wheein asked, surprised. She was certain that sharing a bed would speed up the process of recovery based on her observation of Yongsun's recovery. The red-haired omega had stumbled into Byulyi and Yongsun napping together on the same bed far too many times during Yongsun's recuperation from her concussion to even question the sleeping arrangements.

The manager shook her head. “Not last night.” She concluded honestly. Her eyes gleamed with curiosity at the intention of the question but Wheein did not look like she was going to explain. In fact, Wheein was worried. “We fought so I think Byul was just giving me space.”

“Oh. That sounds like Unnie,”mused Wheein, nodding to herself. She would never crossed the line and ask about their fight. “OK, I’ll drop by to check on Unnie later.” She figured that if Yongsun had learnt of Byulyi’s upcoming nuptials, the older omega would share her feelings with her. She became solemn, staring at Yongsun at the eye. “Unnie, the Moon clan will eventually discover that Unnie had disobeyed the leader and ran away from her discipline. I hope that you will make good use of this rare time together.”

Yongsun frowned, surprised by this odd and earnest advice. “Wheepup, are you reading too much into our relationship?” The corners of her generous lips lifted in a faint smile. “If you recall, Byul and I barely know each other.” She added light-heartedly. The older woman tucked Wheein’s errant red hair behind her ear. “And we’ll let nature run its full course.”

Wheein grabbed her hands, staring into her deep brown eyes that were full of affection. “Unnie, I just don’t want you to live with regrets.”

The door of the bathroom opened and a freshly-showered Hyejin stepped out of the bathroom, wearing just a towel. She made an ‘eep’ sound and dashed into the walk-in wardrobe when she realised that she still had company. “I’m sorry!”

Yongsun and Wheein blinked continuously before chuckling. If the fans realised that their female fatal, Hwasa was such an innocent and pure maiden in private, they would be astounded. “Hyejinie nearly debuted as Potzg. I think that would suit her innocent image.”

The red-haired omega cackled loudly. She could never imagine her heart debuting with such an adorable stage name.

Yongsun remembered an important point suddenly, turning towards the walk-in wardobe. “Hyejinie-ah, just wear the first you see!”

Wheein threw her head backwards and laughed even harder. Tears filled her eyes as she grabbed Yongsun's arm for support.

“What? Your heart could take half an hour deciding on a ,” explained Yongsun, surprised by Wheein’s intense reaction. The shorter omega could not help herself, slapping her thigh as she continued to guffaw loudly.

It took Wheein a while to calm down. She pulled Yongsun into an affectionate hug. “I’m gonna clean up and let myself out. See you later, Unnie.” She nuzzled her cheek before she released her and walked into the bathroom.

Hwasa was dressed in a white crop top, matched with loose jeans. Her long black hair was tied in a bun, her fringe covering her forehead. She had worn very light make-up, simply to accentuate her sensual, puffy lips and the beauty mark that she was so proud of.

“Where is Whee-nah?” She scanned her bedroom openly for her heart.

“Bathroom. We can’t wait for her. We need to be going now,” decided Yongsun, dragging her unwilling charge towards the exit of the bedroom.

“My heart, I’ll see you later. I love you.” Hyejin yelled at the top of her voice.

Yongsun rolled her eyes at the cheesiness of Hyejin. She could never imagine her good friend falling so hard for anyone. The singer was rather grumpy as she entered the passenger seat of the SUV. “Did you have to yell that, Unnie?”

“What?” Yongsun answered as she focused on driving. “You always take so long to decide on a pair of  even if there isn’t a special occasion—”

“—My heart did not need to know this so soon!”

“I can pick up a cup of iced coffee on the way to the office,” offered Yongsun when she spotted the pout on Hyejin’s face. It was just the start of the day and Hyejin was going to get a lot of scolding from the management.

The singer cheered up at once. “Unnie is the best. Let me check the tabloids and forums now.” She took out her mobile and became engrossed.

Yongsun knew the exact moment Hyejin realised that she had committed an unpardonable error. Distress was broadcasted in the car. She lifted her face and looked at the manager, her face pale. “I’m so so sorry. I should have thought through my actions—”

“—Why did you?” Yongsun asked, allowing her frustration to fill her tone. After all, it was her private business. “How could you allow Doldol to steal a sample from Byul and enable him to do the paternity test? Why didn’t you just tell me when Doldol approached you with this idea?”

Hyejin bowed her head in shame.

“Well?” Yongsun questioned, the muscle under her brow ticking. She really wanted an answer from her best friend. She felt betrayed by her best friend for going behind her back to conduct this paternity test.

“I just don’t understand why you’re so enamoured by CEO Unnie,” confessed Hyejin, frustrated. Her shoulders slumped as soon as the irritation faded. “Unnie, you trust her so explicitly that it made no sense to me. You even enjoyed her sense of possessiveness.” She sighed, patting her bangs on her forehead. “I have shared my concerns with you but neither you nor Wheein seemed to care.”

Yongsun’s brows knitted as she focused on the road.

“Whee-nah, you and Dopul are very important to me, Unnie. I needed to know that CEO Unnie would not be a threat,” stated Hyejin truthfully.

“The identity of Byul as Doldol’s sire really made all the difference huh.” Yongsun could not wrap her m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter