Chapter 27: Love Blooms

Once and Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Wheein was spotted on when she mentioned that the mating ritual was a short honeymoon before everything descended to pure chaos. Moon Byulyi stepped away from the limousine with carelessly elegance. She buttoned her grey jacket and ran her hand through it so that it sat perfectly on her. The collar of her snowy-white dress shirt was ed, flashing her clavicle. Her long, silver hair tumbled down, framing her exquisite face, accentuating her defined facial features. She stowed a hand in the pocket of her trousers as she eyed the run-down entrance of the diner, operated by a family. It was right across the road from the company that Kim Yongsun and Ahn Hyejin worked in and it was apparently the go-to place for celebrations.

“Young Leader, what time should I return?” The driver asked politely after closing the door. He was dressed impeccably in a black suit, the insignia of the Moon clan stitched on his chest.

“Young Madam or I will drop you a text, Mr Moon. We’ll be returning to the Moon Mansion after this dinner.”

He nodded at once and bowed curtly. “Please excuse me. I will take my leave.”

Moonbyul thanked him and she stepped on the kerb, her polished leather shoes clicking against the run-down brick flooring. She was seriously overdressed for this occasion since she had been busy with important meetings with the council of the Moon clan, Moon Defence and Moon Industries. She checked her watch and realised that she was slightly early and she would be soon meeting Yongsun’s colleagues.

Her attention was soon drawn to a certain woman stepped out of the glass door of the commercial building. Her heart skipped a beat. Ash-brown waves fluttered, caressed by the wind. Her expressive, honeyed eyes were full of life as she chatted to an unfamiliar woman walking next to her. Her skin was a healthy, wheat shade, a result from her love of swimming and enjoying the warmth of the sun on her skin. Her plump, generous lips curved with a light smile. She was wearing a crop top, matched with a loose pair of jeans. Her mating mark on her scent gland was very prominent.

As if drawn by a mysterious force, Yongsun turned to meet her besotted gaze. Immediately, her mocha eyes softened with love as she smiled brightly, little indents appearing under her lips.

Byulyi’s heart pounded. She swallowed visibly, trying to maintain composure, feeling the older woman’s amusement through their bond. She stowed her two hands into the pockets of her bottom, trying to keep cool while waiting for her beautiful girl to approach her. She did not notice the shock on the colleague’s face as they approached swiftly.

Yongsun surprised Byulyi when she hooked her arms around her neck, tip-toed and kissed her fully on her lips. All Byulyi could do was to slip her hands to her hips and hold her as she returned the kiss. All the tension from their long day faded from the sweet kiss. It was Yongsun who drew away first, her eyes gleaming when she noticed Byul’s glassy eyes. She slid her hand down to rest on her chest automatically as she stared intently into those remarkably blue eyes. “Hello,” smiled Yongsun faintly.

“Hello Unnie,” grinned Byulyi, her cherry-shaped lips curving in a faint smile. She looked completely besotted. Her gaze fell on the single button that seem to hold her crop top together and smiled. “Are you testing the power of the button?” There was levity in her tone as she touched the button playfully.

“Aiggo, can’t you say something nice, Byul?” Yongsun complained, pouting. Her brows furrowed when her conservative mate did up the buttons of the crop top properly and relaxed. “It’s fashion, Byul! Seriously!”

The colleague laughed heartily, reminding the engrossed couple that they were not alone. She had not imagined that the formidable Colonel was such an attentive and overly-protective partner in private.

Byulyi cleared , realising her faux pas. “I’m sorry. I’m Moonbyul, the alpha of Unnie,” stated Byulyi, maintaining a straight face as she rested her hand in the middle of the crop top smoothly, earning a fleeting frowned of annoyance from her omega. “Thank you for taking care of my girl.” Her cherry-shaped lips curved languorously in a devastating lopsided smile.

The colleague blushed pretty, tucking her hair behind her ear. “No, at all, Colonel Moonbyul-nim. I’m always in the care of Solar Unnie.” She fanned her hand, totally taken by Byul’s fatal charms. “By the way, I’m in the publicity team.”

“My girl and I will need to count on you to spin news of us favourably,” smiled Moonbyul politely, still holding her omega. She arched a brow when Yongsun slid her hand lower to her toned abdomen and pinched it lightly. She glanced at her annoyed omega, mirth dancing in her blue eyes. She could sense Yongsun’s annoyance at laying her charms too thick.

“Solar-ssi, is this your mate?” A male voice interrupted the couple. The CEO of the company, an easy-going, plump guy walked to them, studying the handsome, taller woman holding their latest talent in her arms.

Yongsun smiled warmly, grabbing the hand on her crop top smoothly, entwining their fingers together. “Yes, Kim Oppa. My alpha, Moonbyul.”

The CEO’s eyes widened for several moment when he met the gaze of the famous Colonel, the very heir to a powerful chaebol, the famed youngest CEO in the generation. Moonbyul was a familiar face that appeared on all sorts of media but her gravitas was incredible, leaving him trembling. He resisted the urge to swallow. “It is nice to meet you, Colonel Moonbyul-nim.”

“Moonbyul is fine,” corrected Moonbyul earnestly. “Thank you for taking good care of Unnie.” She bowed slightly, startling everyone who had joined them.

“Please, Colonel Moonbyul-nim. Please raised your head!” CEO Kim panicked, sweating profusely as he tried to get her to stop bowing.

Moonbyul raised her head. “You have my most sincere gratitude for giving Unnie a chance.” She knew that this was the CEO who had spotted Yongsun’s talent. When he learnt that she was a single, unmarried omega with a pup, he offered her the job of being Hwasa’s manager. “I heard that you have been also kind to our son.”

CEO Kim blinked continuously. “Our son?” He pointed his finger to the mated couple, bewildered. “You have a pup together?” His eyes fell on the flat and toned belly of Yongsun.

Moonbyul shielded her mate from his inquisitive stare by tilting her body slightly and smiled. “Yes, Kim Dopul. He spoke of his Uncle Won who liked to give him sweets.” She offered a friendly smile.

CEO Kim’s eyes widened. “Oh, Doldol.” He rested his hand on his forehead as the atmosphere became frosty. He narrowed his eyes at her, raising himself to his full height, stepping closer to her. “Ms Moonbyul, are you telling me that you’re the sire of our Dopul?” His tone was wintry.

Everyone in the company knew that Solar Kim was a young, unmarried, single omega mother with a polite and intelligent, sweet alpha son, Kim Dopul. If Dopul was her son, then Moonbyul was the irresponsible individual who had allowed her omega and pup to suffer unspeakable humiliation.

“Kim Oppa,” prompted Yongsun, looking at her superior pleadingly. “There were extenuating circumstances. Byul had no idea until she returned home recently.” She rested a hand on Byul’s chest, trying to project a united image.

Instead of appeasing the older man, the affable CEO grew more upset and akimboed, trying to stare the silver-haired woman down.

“Not now, Kim Oppa,” interrupted Hyejin, intervening at once. “This isn’t a great time to do this and it isn’t a good idea at all.” She held him from behind, her pointed, well-painted nails of navy blue standing out against the black shirt of the CEO. “Let’s go in first. They need to wait for Dodol. Don’t you want to hear about my girl?” Hyejin looked like a very young woman without her make up. With some strength, she yanked the composer towards the diner.

The CEO shot Moonbyul a last glowering stare before he succumbed to Hyejin pulling him into the eatery with the rest of the colleagues. Yongsun mouthed her thanks to her best friend.

“Yea, we should start ordering first,” someone added, trying to deescalate the situation. The rest of the staff murmured their agreement and entered the eatery too, leaving the mated couple alone outside.

The tension had faded at once.

Yongsun expelled a breath she did not know she was holding. “Sorry, Babe. I’d no idea that Oppa would be so hostile.” She shook her head lightly. “I’d no clue. He was very happy to know that I had mated.”

Byul squeezed the hand of Yongsun gently. “It’s fine,” reassured the silver-haired woman, smiling. She took both hands, swinging them lightly. “It’s sweet that your CEO cares for you.” She shrugged. “I guess it cannot be helped. I’m the jerk who made you pregnant—”

“—No, you aren’t,” interrupted Yongsun heatedly, narrowing her eyes at her. “I could clear out that misunderstanding right now.” She jerked a thumb towards the eatery and was ready to march in to clear the air.

Byulyi simply raised a brow and Yongsun shook her head, exasperated. “Fine,” sighed Yongsun, throwing her hands into the air. “You did put Doldol in me but you weren’t a jerk. I’m not gonna let my colleagues think that way of you.” Determination shone brightly in Yongsun’s honeyed eyes.

The handsome silver-haired woman flashed a lopsided smile, amused by her protectiveness. It was sweet that Yongsun believed she could change the mind of her colleagues on her. She picked up her hand and brushed her lips against Yongsun’s knuckles tenderly. “Thank you, Unnie.”

“Aiggo, we’re in public, Byul,” complained Yongsun, flinching from her greasy nature. “Where is Doldol? Wasn’t he supposed to be with you?”

After Dopul was formally recognised as the son of Moonbyul, the heir-apparent to the Moon clan, he would hang out with the other members of the Moon family after school. It was nice to know that the precocious boy had so many people looking out for him.

Byulyi shook her head lightly, tongue in her cheek. “No, our little rascal wanted to spend time with Pretty Aunty and did not inform me this morning.” She scowled. “I was on my way to pick him up from school between meetings when he called me and told me he was already with Wheepup. Apparently, he wanted to learn about taking over the operations of a MNC by shadowing her.” She resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

“Oh,” mused Yongsun absently. realising why Byul was upset. The silver-haired woman was looking forward to spending time with him. Besides, the CEO had a very long and busy day and had intentionally planned time to pick him up. “I’m not defending our Doldol,” quipped Yongsun, raising her hands in surrender. “Perhaps, Doldol did not want to crash your important meetings.” She gave an absent shrug. “I’ll speak to him about not making such last-minute changes later.” She ran her hand up and down her arm, soothing her mildly annoyed mate. “Is he still attending this dinner?”

Byulyi nodded. “Wheepup and Doldol are on the way here. They were already on the way when I called them just now.”

Yongsun slapped her forehead. How could she forget that Ahn Hyejin was now formally recognised as the date of Moon Wheein? Besides a celebration party, Hyejin was planning to introduce her girlfriend to her colleagues.

Somehow, Doldol had charmed his Pop Pop into formally acknowledging the relationship between Moon Wheein and Ahn Hyejin at the dinner the night before. There were several times during the dinner that she was worried for her best friend since Father looked positively murderous whenever the singer touched Wheein. It was an incredible feat that could only be pulled off by Doldol as he set his mind on it.

Now that Hyejin had the approval to date Wheein, Father had invited the Ahns for a visit to discuss about the future. It seemed like an engagement between the younger couple was looming in the future.

“Silly me. I was so busy with my training that I forgot about this matter,” sighed Yongsun, scrubbing her face with a hand tiredly. “You Moons are a handful.”

Byulyi threw her head backwards and crackled. “I don’t hear you complaining two nights ago—”

“—Byul!” Yongsun spluttered, her plump cheeks crimson.

“No refunds,” chuckled Byulyi, her eyes gleaming mischievously. “You have branded your ownership of me everywhere—”

“—Stop!” Yongsun silenced her at once, scanning their environment swiftly. “We’re in public!” She spat in a forced whisper, shaking her head. “Where did that stoic and aloof Moonbyul go?” She lamented openly, throwing her hands into the air.

Byulyi considered continuing the back-and-forth but decided to pity her girl. “How was your training, Unnie?”

“Great!” She cheered up at once at the mention of her training. “I only needed some refreshers on hosting and acting. The executives liked my performance. We had also planned our first debut. Kim Oppa apparently kept a song that he had composed for Jinie and I back when we were still trainees. Our vocals inspired that song. I guess that would be the song we would be debuting with.”

It was a complete circle, a strange and surreal feeling. She remembered her heartbreak when the higher-ups in the company denied her of the opportunity to debut due her status. To be able to continue a journey that she believed had concluded a decade ago as if no time had passed felt like a dream.

And this dream was made possible because she was together with Byulyi.

“Unnie, you’re finally debuting as an idol,” remarked Byulyi, pride gleaming in her cerulean eyes. “Wow. My girl is finally going to be an idol.”

Yongsun chortled warmly and hugged her. “Can you even imagine, Byul? I actually have the opportunity to debut at my age.”

Byulyi cupped her face, staring intently into her eyes. “Look at these plump cheeks, expressive bright eyes. Unnie, you look not a day older than twenty.” She grinned crookedly, earning another rolled eye from Yongsun. “Besides, you have been working very hard at maintaining your vocal and performance abilities.”

The ash-brown haired woman shrugged. “You’re right, Babe. Someone fell in love with me after I performed ‘y back’,” teased Yongsun playfully, adorable indents appearing under her generous lips. She stepped away, twisting her body as she flipped her hair, wearing a devouring and intense stare. “I’m bringing y back—”

“—Not here, Unnie. It’s too much for me,” complained Byulyi, reaching for her collar as she fanned herself with a hand.

Yongsun threw her head backwards and shrieked in dolphin-like laughter, startling Byulyi. When Yongsun started to slap her thighs as she laughed heartily, Byulyi sighed, resigned to her fate in supporting the older woman lest she fell.

It took a long time for Yongsun to compose herself and she patted her cheek gently. “Byul, you’re so cute.”

Byul growled. “I’m not cute, Unnie. If you don’t remember the effect of using that term, I’m very willing to refresh your memory in front of your colleagues.” She added heatedly.

“My Silver Wolf is all bark and no bite,” teased Yongsun, a gleam in her honey eyes.

Suddenly, Byul’s cherry-shaped lips languorously curved in a devastating, rakish, crooked smile, sending her heart fluttering. “I’d love to bite you. Many many times.” Her voice dropped a pitch into a sensual purr, which had Yongsun shifting uncomfortably. The handsome woman leaned in and bit the apple of her plump cheek before trailing downwards to bite her jaw. For good measure, she nipped a little harder, earning a sharp gasp from Yongsun.

“Byul!” There was a whine in her voice even though she clutched on her jacket tightly, stopping Byulyi from drawing away.

The impish silver-haired woman littered open-mouthed kisses along her soft jaw, tangling her hand into her silky ash-brown hair. She grinned into the kiss when the thick scent of pheromones hit the younger woman. Byulyi bit her earlobe and growled lowly.

Yongsun tilted her head to the side, exposing her mating mark, and whimpered, submitting herself to the overture of her alpha.

“My wonderful omega,” purred Byulyi softly, her hot breath fanning across Yongsun’s ear. She smiled when the older woman shivered openly. She dropped a gentle kiss on her mating mark, earning a sweet purr. “Unnie, I’ll ravish you tonight.”

Yongsun whimpered at the very promise, burying her face into the crook of her shoulder meekly.

The sight of her usually assertive omega behaving so submissively lit a fire in the pit of Byulyi’s stomach. Oh god, the sight of a meek Yongsun only sent blood south. With immense self-control, the Colonel stamped out the urge and simply hold the shorter woman close to her, ensuring that no one would approach them.

The ash-brown haired woman smacked the chest of Byulyi weakly as she whined. “Byulie, you’re really bad.”

Naturally, Byulyi smiled, unrepentant. “Unnie, you started this game.”

Yongsun narrowed her eyes when she realised that her mate was correct. She pouted, smacked her chest and drew away from her. “Annoying—”

“—Your annoying alpha,” smirked Byulyi proudly.

“Aiggo, aiggo, aiggo, aren’t you a little too confident?” Yongsun snorted.

Byulyi nodded without missing a beat. “Of course. I have every right to be, Unnie.”

The older woman smiled at her haughtiness but it was a very good look for the handsome alpha. The smile faded from her face. “Byulie, are you sure this is really OK?” She asked cautiously.

“What are you talking about, Unnie?”

Yongsun started to wring her hands. “You’ve been encouraging me to pursue my dreams but is that aligned with my future status as Lady Moon?”

“Ah, that,” commented Byulyi dismissively. “We spoke about this before. The council is very pleased with you. You gave our clan a healthy heir-apparent.” She took her hands when she noticed that Yongsun did not look too convinced. “Recently, I’ve been spending more time with Father. Having Pip somehow just repaired our relationship. I guess that is the true magic of our pup huh. Anyway, we had a long conversation after dinner. We spoke about a lot of things including the duties of the Mistress of the clan. Anyway, it is odd for the Mistress to be so involved in the clan. Mother is an outlier.” She entwined their fingers absently. “That made sense. Granny had a very established career. She was a barrister and often did pro bono work.”

“Oh, I didn’t know that,” commented Yongsun, relaxing slightly.

“Unnie, all you need to do is to go through with this engagement and marry me,” elaborated Byulyi. “That is all that is expected of you. Anyway, I’m the Silver Wolf now. I’m not going to let others take away your freedom.”

Yongsun’s eyes stung at her promise. It was surreal that by choosing to be bound to another, she had found freedom.

“Just promise me that you will eventually marry me, Unnie. The council members had been praying to Moon Goddess that you would not ditch me.” She made a face. “Here I thought that I was a very eligible bachelorette.”

Yongsun threw her head backwards and guffawed. She held nothing back, shrieking in dolphin-like laughter as she smacked Byulyi’s chest several times. Soon, she collapsed on Byulyi’s chest, laughing so hard that she had stitches.

Byul sighed theatrically while supporting her mate. It felt like an eternity later when Yongsun had finally regained her composure. “What eligible bachelorette, babe? You’re a sold good.” She winked at her impishly.

“Sold good? Unnie, are you getting all smug just because you left this little mark on me?” Byul countered, touching her scent gland.

Yongsun jutted her chin at her challengingly. “So what if I am? All those marks on your body, I put them there. And your son? I gave birth to him. That ship has long sailed.”

Byulyi opened to argue but shut it at once. She would rather lose a battle than lose the war. Her gaze was drawn to a familiar, armoured car approaching them. She guided Yongsun away to safety and waited for the car to roll to a complete stop.

Without waiting for the driver, she opened the door to the back seat, revealing a beautiful, red-haired woman. She stepped out of the car with such mesmerising elegance that left Yongsun ogling at her. Byulyi stepped forward and helped the petite, red-haired omega up the pavement, shielding her as she straightened her white jacket. All she wore was a white tube under that jacket, matched with trousers. “Unnie!” Wheein threw her arms around Byulyi and embraced her tightly.

“What about me?” Yongsun whined when she noticed how intimate the Moon sisters were.

Wheein smiled, her single dimpled deepening adorably. “Why would I forget my Robot Unnie?” She released the silver-haired woman to embrace her. When she drew away from her, her gaze fell on her top. “Did Unnie get to you just now?” She looked at the fully-buttoned crop top pointedly.

Yongsun sighed and nodded.

“She was tugging on the hems of my tube to cover my abdomen just now,” groused Wheein, earning a smile from Yongsun. The ash-brown woman thought that the sister had missed each other too much, instead Byul was adjusting Wheein’s attire secretly.

Byulyi was holding Dopul’s hand as she joined the two omegas. The ten-year-old boy was absolutely handsome, his silver hair combed neatly. He had changed out of his school uniform into an identical Thom Brown suit as his sire. His eyes gleamed at the sight of Mummy.

“Mummy!” He ran into Yongsun’s open arms with all the innocence of a child.

Yongsun returned the embrace, nuzzling against his crown tenderly. “You’re finally here. Did you have a good day, Doldol?”

“Yes Mummy, I had a lot of fun today,” answered Dopul cheerfully. He took Yongsun’s hand automatically.

“Huh. Double standard,” commented Byulyi, pretending to look stern. “Pip, where is my hug?”

“Silly Byul,” chuckled Dopul, releasing the hand of Yongsun to embrace the taller woman affectionately. He did not notice the sudden gleam in her sapphire eyes. Suddenly, his sire pinched his plump cheeks hard.

He whined and drew away, rubbing one of his cheeks. “What is that for, Byul?”

Byulyi was unimpressed. “Why didn’t you tell me that you asked Pretty Aunty to fetch you after school?”

The irritation faded at once when Pip realised that he was at fault. “Oh. I’m sorry.” He lowered his head, still rubbing one of his cheeks. “I saw your schedule, Byul. It looked so pack. I wasn’t sure if you had time to fetch me,” confessed the precocious boy shifting uneasily between the balls of his feet.

Byulyi sighed, lowering herself so that she was at the eye level of her son. She rested a hand on his shoulder. “Thank you for apologising.” She squeezed his shoulder affectionately. “Pip, you have my word that I will always make time for you.” She embraced him and nuzzled against his cheek tenderly. “If I have promised that I’ll pick you up, I will do that.” She kissed his head lovingly. “I was on my way to fetch you when you called.”

“I’m sorry, Byul,” added Pip with more remorse, hanging his head.

“It’s OK, Pip. I’ve accepted your apology.” She smiled, kissing his forehead tenderly.

“How long are you planning to stay out?” Hyejin asked, stepping out of the diner, smiling. “Everyone is waiting for you.” Her jaw dropped when she took in the appearance of her girlfriend. Her innocent Wheein looked absolutely sinful in an all-white ensemble. She did not bother hiding her appreciation of the fiery-haired woman, her eyes trailing downwards slowly.

Wheein giggled at the fire in her dark eyes as she hooked a finger under her chin to lift her face to meet her gaze. “My heart, my eyes are here.” She purred.

“Ah, there is my heart,” smiled the singer sweetly. “Why did you take so long? I miss you.” She pulled the shorter woman into her arms tightly and kissed her fully on her lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter