(sipsam)

Peach Blossom Promises

"All bow to His Majesty, the King!"

All imposing, Baekhyun sashays into the establishment of the Royal Investigation Bureau situated within the royal palace. He dons the king's uniform for the first time after the period of interval brought on by his ailment. 

Baekhyun breezes past his bowing subjects to take a seat reserved, especially, for him at the gallery of the office building, which overlooks the courtyard.

Like all interrogations carried out by the bureau, the courtyard once again serves as the place for questioning culprits. Presently, the culprit happens to be a man who played a chief role in the scheming and execution of the recent insurrection.

Tied to a wooden chair, Uncle Shin’s head hangs low half-consciously. His disheveled hair and prisoner’s uniform composed of white cotton jeogori and a pair of baji, tainted with his own blood, are a testament to the hours of excruciating torture he had been subjected to. 

From his seat, Baekhyun examines the criminal. “Has he given us anything?”

“I’m afraid not, Chonha,” the chief magistrate of the bureau answers. “We have utilized every form of punishment, yet he refuses to provide any information on Prince Jongin’s possible whereabouts.”

Baekhyun hums. “It seems you choose to remain my brother’s loyal dog until the end, Traitor Shin.”

With great difficulty, Uncle Shin raises his head. He glowers at Baekhyun as fiercely as his battered state would allow him.

“Surely, you must know your unwavering loyalty comes at a price,” Baekhyun says. 

“I do not fear death,” Uncle Shin boldly states.

“Yes, I believe you do not. Not your own, at least. But tell me, Traitor Shin, is your loyalty worth more than the lives of your loved ones?”

“My loyalty has no price. If death were to befall my loved ones, it would be for a noble cause.”

“I truly admire your devotion. It is a shame you could not teach your nephew the same fidelity.”

“My nephew owes no fidelity to the likes of you. You are a sham of a king. The phoenix throne upon which you claim ownership is all but stolen. Unjustly robbed from my nephew whom you dare deride. A regime established against the mandate of the heavens shall never know a moment’s peace. May your reign be fraught with even more plague and unrest. This is my dying curse upon you.”

Baekhyun chortles mockingly. “If the heavens truly willed my brother as the ruler of our nation then he would have triumphed in his quest instead of retreating in shame. He has failed while I still stand before you as king. I’d say it is quite evident whom the heavens truly favor.”

Uncle Shin sneers at his arrogance.

“And the curse of a dying traitor does not disconcert me, for it is nothing but a pathetic attempt of a failed man using his frivolous words as a weapon with nothing else at his disposal.”

Baekhyun gets up and proceeds to leave with Uncle Shin shouting behind him, “I suggest you sleep with your eyes open from hereon, you imposter, for my nephew shall return! He shall avenge me and he shall claim what is his!”

 

 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

 

 

The court officials wait in silence inside the throne all for the King to make his declaration. 

“I, King Hwanjong, hereby remove the first prince, Byun Jongin, from his princely status and declare him a traitor for leading a rebellion against the current regime. And for his role in the revolt, I decree the execution of traitor Shin Sundo.” 

The officials all nod in approval.

Baekhyun then further states, “Given that the kindred of a traitor must also bear the penalty, I decree that all immediate relatives of Byun Jongin be demoted as commoners and be banished from the capital.”

“As you command, Chonha!” The throne hall roars. 

It guts Baekhyun to decree the banishment of his siblings. Half-blooded though they may be, they are his siblings, nonetheless. And blameless ones at that. Their only offense is being the full-blooded kin to a traitor. Guilty solely by association. 

But this is the compromise Baekhyun had to begrudgingly agree upon with the officials, who had initially demanded that all immediate male relatives of Jongin be executed while the women be thrown into lifelong servitude. A much more horrific alternative, albeit not uncommon.

However, Baekhyun refused to enact such merciless acts upon the innocent. He hopes one day when this turmoil becomes a distant memory, he can restore his siblings’ noble status and welcome them back into the capital. 

Baekhyun fails to understand the degree of Jongin’s selfishness. His brother willingly chose to walk down a path knowing full well there could be consequences for not only himself but also those close to him. How could he have so little regard for his own mother, siblings, wife… his son of barely two years? Or had his hubris been so great that he assumed his victory was certain?

Whatever the answer may be, it is undeniable that the family that their father, the previous king, had created--- the family Baekhyun had known growing up--- will never be the same. Forever altered by Jongin’s ravenous ambitions. 

 

 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

 

 

To accommodate the many wounded during the insurrection, a temporary infirmary, made of a few tents, has been set up on an empty lot beside the royal palace. 

Baekhyun enters one such tent and takes the patients and the caregivers alike by surprise. One of them being his own injured eunuch. The nurses all bow, while the wounded attempt to get up on their feet to properly greet their king.

“No, please, remain rested,” Baekhyun instructs them. “Do not mind me, I simply come to pay my respects to you all for your bravery and loyalty.”

His subjects are profoundly touched by the gesture.

Before making his rounds, Baekhyun first approaches Samnom.

“Chonha?” The eunuch feebly tries to get up. 

Baekhyun tsks. “At ease, Bu Samnom,” he scolds.

Chonha, why have you come to this wretched place?” Samnom asks. “This is no place for the King.”

“My only regret is that I could not come sooner. How are you, my dear Samnom-ah?”

“I am healing, Your Majesty.”

“You had better. I am eagerly awaiting your return. My court cannot function without your expertise, hence you must recover quickly.”

Samnom tears up. “Chonha, I am elated to see you standing in good health. Thank you for staying alive.”

Baekhyun gives the eunuch a small smile and takes his hand. “And I am grateful to have you still with me, Samnom-ah. Truly grateful. Let us remain by each other’s side for a long, long time to come, hm?”

Samnom smiles and nods through the tears.

 

 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

 

 

It is only the afternoon, and Baekhyun has already exhausted himself completely. Though he has largely regained his health, it is yet to be restored to its original vitality. Heeding the counsel of his attendants, Baekhyun decides to retire to his chambers for the remainder of the day.

When he walks into his courtyard, he finds Consort Nam there, much to his own displeasure. He ignores the royal consort’s greeting and proceeds to walk past her. 

Chonha, please, spare me a moment. I beg of you,” Hayeon pleads. 

Baekhyun stops. “Why should I?”

“What have I done to anger you?”

“You truly have no clue?”

“Forgive me, but I cannot recall what I could have possibly done to draw Your Majesty’s ire?”

“Yet, it is all I can think of at the sight of you. The mere mention of your name causes my blood to boil. Perhaps, it is best if the matter remains unspoken between us, otherwise, I may be inclined to punish you. In fact, it would be in your best interest to not show yourself to me for the time being.”

Baekhyun is about to head inside his chambers when he is stalled once again by the royal consort. 

“Then punish me. If it means Your Majesty will be less tormented, if it will help rid you of the anger, then by all means, do with me as you please. But before you do, at least allow me to know the reason for this resentment.”

Baekhyun turns to her. “Do not provoke me, Nam Sukui. Your thoughtless words may just be taken in earnest.”

“I should hope my words be taken in earnest, for they were spoken in earnest. Though unwittingly, I have displeased the king, my master, and for it, I must be held accountable.” Despite her solemn outwardly appearance, inwardly, Hayeon writhes with anxiety at the prospect of a punishment and the possible nature of it.

“How righteous of you, Sukui. Very well then, I shall hold you accountable as you desire. Hong Sanggung.”

The King’s chief lady-in-waiting comes forward upon being called. “Yes, Chonha.”

“Slap the royal consort.”

The lady-in-waiting regards her master with disbelief “I b-beg your pardon?”

“Slap Consort Nam. I shall not repeat this time.”

Madam Hong directs her gaze at the royal consort, who appears calm and composed, her gaze toward the ground. The lady-in-waiting gingerly approaches her.

“We do not have all day, Hong Sanggung,” Baekhyun asserts.

“Forgive me, Jaga,” the lady-in-waiting expresses remorsefully. 

“Just be done with it,” Hayeon mutters in a tight voice.

A feeble slap lands on the royal consort’s cheek. All present have their gazes pointed at the ground, however, that does nothing to ease Hayeon’s mortification.

“Another,” Baekhyun orders. 

Chonha,” Madam Hong tries to humbly protest.

“Another, Hong Sanggung!” Baekhyun raises his voice. 

“Forgive me, Jaga.” The lady-in-waiting apologizes again before delivering another half-hearted slap on the royal consort’s face.

The slaps can hardly be considered painful, weak as they were. But they weren’t meant to inflict pain— no— rather, the purpose was to humiliate the royal consort.

“Do you now happen to remember your offense, Nam Sukui?” Baekhyun asks.

Hayeon does her best to not break into a sob. “I... I believe I do, Chonha.”

Baekhyun closes the distance between them, looming over the royal consort ominously. “It seems your position in court had you falsely believe that you had any authority to rebuke a woman of mine. You should be grateful that I am letting you off rather easily. Otherwise, if I could truly give in to my desire, I would have the hand that dared to strike Lady Park butchered.” 

Hayeon dares not meet the King’s eyes.

“Such a benevolent ruler I am, won’t you agree? Now, leave and do not show yourself to me unless you have been summoned.” With that, Baekhyun heads inside his chambers, leaving Hayeon to fester in humiliation, despair, and anger.

 

 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

 

 

Caged within his chamber without court affairs to keep him occupied, leaves Baekhyun at the mercy of his thoughts. Thoughts that always agonizingly lead to Mura, despite his best efforts. He is repeatedly reminded of the crushing rejection handed to him so cruelly by her.

It’s been days since Baekhyun had professed his love to Mura; had finally the courage to do so. There was something he saw in his beloved wife, something different, something that gave him hope and led him to believe if he revealed his heart to her she may agree to accept it. And although Baekhyun feared her refusal more than he feared the fury of the heavens befalling him, he foolishly believed the Mura he knew— his ever-kind and tender Mura— would let him down gently and compassionately if she could not give him what he desired from her. 

What Baekhyun hadn’t expected, however, was for her to walk away from him wordlessly only to leave the palace altogether that very day without so much as a farewell. Baekhyun dared to pour his heart out only to be deemed unworthy of even a few words of acknowledgment; brutally left adrift in a desolate sea to fend for himself.

The searing pain of Mura’s blatant disregard for his sensibilities continues to scorch through Baekhyun’s heart and he predicts sooner or later it ought consume him entirely.

When will this never-ending agony cease?

 

 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

 

 

Mura absentmindedly pets Yuo. The small, long-haired pup relishes the attention from its new master whilst sitting on her lap. 

After learning about the dog upon her return from the palace, Mura, without hesitation, decided to keep it as her own, despite the objection from her mother. After all, Mura adored the little thing and it would be utterly ridiculous to hold a mere innocent animal in contempt for the deeds of its previous master. 

Manim, are you listening?”

Janshil’s grumbling brings Mura back from the confines of her thoughts. “Hm?”

“Have you listened to anything I’ve said thus far?”

“Ah, y-yes, of course,” Mura says unconvincingly.

The lady’s maid lets out an exasperated sigh. “How long will you go on pretending nothing is troubling you? Because I know something is, no matter how much you deny it.”

Mura puts up an act. “I do not know what you mean.”

Janshil narrows her eyes at her mistress. “It has something to do with His Majesty, no doubt about it. And it isn’t simply a matter of missing him. Something had to have happened during your time in the palace.” She notes how the wrinkle between her mistress’ eyebrows deepens. “Come now, manim, won’t you divulge to your one and only beloved Janshil-ah?” She puts on an expression meant to endear. 

Mura gives the maid a tentative gaze and the other further encourages her to speak.

“You’re right, something did happen,” Mura finally admits.

Janshil looks at her with piqued intrigue. “What is it, manim?”

“His Majesty…” Mura struggles to continue.

“Yes?” The maid presses.

“His Majesty…”

“His Majesty?”

“His… ah...”

“Oh, out with it already, manim!”

“His Majesty told me that he loved me!” Mura cries out.

Janshil’s eyes widen. “He did what?”

“You heard me,” Mura says sheepishly.

Elation quickly takes over the maid’s countenance and she howls with joy while clapping in conjunction.

“You act as if His Majesty has professed his love to you,” Mura remarks.

Manim, this is such happy news! Joyous news, indeed! Tell me everything. How did he confess?”

Mura indulges her maid and recounts the King’s confession.

Janshil squeals. “Oh, how romantic! Who knew His Majesty was such a charming man? My cheeks hurt from smiling this much.”

All Mura can do is roll her eyes. 

“By the way, shouldn’t you be jumping in celebration?” Janshil tells her mistress. “You appear more like a woman who has been greatly inconvenienced, rather than a woman who has learned the man she loves also returns her affections.”

Mura gives no answer. 

“What did you tell His Majesty? Or rather, how did you tell him? Knowing you, I cannot imagine your confession was nearly as romantic as his. But, I’m sure His Majesty was touched, regardless.”

Mura maintains silence.

“Come now, manim, do not keep me in suspense.”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“Hm?” Janshil thinks she misheard her mistress.

“I did not say anything,” Mura repeats almost proudly. 

“You said nothing?”

Mura shakes her head. 

“You did not tell him that you loved him in return?”

Mura shakes her head again.

“What did you do after he confessed?”

“I left. Returned home.”

Janshil is baffled. “You left without giving him an answer?”

Mura nods. 

“Were you shy? Is that why?”

Mura shakes her head. 

Janshil takes a deep breath so as to not lose her composure. “Manim, were you not in love with His Majesty, or had I been under the wrong impression all this time?”

“No, I was… I still am.” Mura glances at the maid. “Oh, stop giving me that look!”

“I simply cannot make sense of it. What is happening in that head of yours?”

“I am angry,” Mura mumbles.

“Pardon?”

“I am angry!” Mura shouts.

“With whom?”

“His Majesty, who else?”

“But why?”

“Why?” Mura repeats, seething. “For making me suffer for months, that’s why, Janshil-ah!”

Janshil continues to be bewildered. 

“He claims to have loved me for a long time, even through my time as the Crown Princess Consort, yet he kept it from me for all this time. He claims to care for me so deeply, yet it was so easy for him to sever our ties. Why be rid of me only to make a grand declaration of love months after? He claims he has spent our separation in agony, well what about the agony I’ve had to endure? He chooses to make these admissions when it suits him without consideration for my sensibilities. He is selfish. A selfish man, I tell you!” 

Manim, you’re not entirely blameless in this as you like to believe.” As always, Janshil is dauntless with her bluntness.

Mura takes offense. “How dare you? How am I to be blamed in this?”

“You scorn His Majesty for not being forthcoming when you, yourself, have kept your feelings hidden from him. Are you any better?”

“Janshil-ah, how can you say such a thing when you very well know I hadn’t become aware of my own feelings until it was too late?”

“While it is true the realization came to you rather belatedly, it hadn’t been too late. You still had an opportunity to tell His Majesty.”

“What do you expect I had done? Pitifully grovel before a man to love me as he casts me aside?”

“No, but you could have at least made him known how you felt.”

“I cannot believe you are siding with him and for what? His Majesty isn’t here to witness your devotion to him so you may earn his favor,” Mura says spitefully. 

“I side with neither of you. As I see it, you both are utterly hopeless. Imagine the world of hurt you both could have spared yourselves if you had just been honest with each other.” She tuts before getting up. “Fine then, by all means, stay angry and continue to needlessly hurt yourself and His Majesty. This wretched love is fated for doom and you’d have no one but yourselves to blame. Aish, how frustrating!” With that, Janshil leaves her mistress’ chamber. 

Mura is left to brood all on her own. She picks up the dog from her lap and holds it in front of her. “Yuo-ah, I had done nothing wrong, isn't that right? It is all His Majesty’s fault.” She laments.

The dog barks in response.

“Not you too.”

The dog barks again.

Mura sighs sullenly as she places the dog back on her lap. It displeases her to admit it, but perhaps there was some modicum of truth to Janshil’s argument.

 

 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

 

 

While he attends to business in his office, Baekhyun is interrupted by his chief eunuch. 

Chonha, a letter addressed to you.” The eunuch places an envelope on his master’s desk.

“From whom?”

“It comes from the residence of the Left State Councilor.”

Baekhyun’s intrigue is doubly piqued. “Very well, you may leave.”

The eunuch takes his leave and Baekhyun practically rips the envelope as he fishes out the folded piece of paper from within it. Once he finishes reading its content, he promptly leaves his post and dashes out of the office and into the bright early afternoon. 

“Tell the stable to prepare my horse,” Baekhyun orders his chief eunuch while briskly walking in the direction of his quarters. 

His retinue scurries behind him. 

“Do you wish to go on a leisurely ride, Your Majesty?” The chief eunuch asks.

“No. I intend to go into town.”

The attendants glance at the King worriedly, including Chanyeol. 

Chonha, I do not believe it will be wise of you to venture outside the palace in this current climate.”

Baekhyun ignores his chief personal guard’s counsel and keeps on walking. They reach their destination and as Baekhyun enters his bedchamber he says, “Fetch my clothes. I shall go and go alone. No one is to follow me.”

As expected, this decision is heavily condemned by his attendants, but Baekhyun cares very little of their opinions at this moment. He requires complete privacy. Besides, he would only draw more attention to himself if he were to leave the palace with a crew following him behind. Instead, he intends to discreetly slip away. 

 

 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

 

 

Mura tries her best to distract herself with embroidery, but she feels less than inspired as her mind races with other thoughts. She wonders if the letter she had sent to the King has yet reached him. If so, had he read it? If he had, would he oblige her with an audience as she had requested? Mura wonders if the King is angry with her. If he were, he would be justified after the way Mura chose to part with him. He must feel slighted.

Her stream of thoughts is interrupted by the unceremonious entrance of an excited Janshil into her chamber.

Manim!”

Mura frowns. “Aish, Janshil-ah, you startled me!”

“His Majesty… His Majesty is here!” Janshil cries.

This piece of information startles Mura even more. 

Janshil pulls her mistress by the elbow. “Come, he wishes to see you.” The lady’s maid makes sure that her mistress looks presentable before sending her out to meet with the King. 

As instructed, Mura walks to the front gate of the estate, where the King is found conversing with her father. 

“Oh, Mura-ya.” Lord Park notices her daughter. “Come, pay your respects to His Majesty.”

Mura’s nervous eyes meet with the King’s incomprehensible ones that still somehow manage to unsettle her. Flustered, she lowers her gaze before bowing to him. 

Chwasang, may I take your daughter away for a little while? I promise to return her safely before sundown.” Despite speaking to the councilor, Baekhun’s gaze remains firmly secured on Mura, boring into her ever so intently.

Lord Park humbles himself before the King. “Chonha, you need not ask my permission. After all, she is your wife; she is yours to do as you please.”

“Very well then.” Baekhyun approaches Mura and takes her by the wrist. “Come with me.” 

As she is led away by the King, Mura nervously glances at her father who gives her a nod of reassurance. 

Once outside, Baekhyun helps Mura mount his horse before he hops on behind her. Then with a single command from its master, the horse takes off. 

When she had written her request for an audience with the King, this was not how she expected it would transpire. There is apprehension for what is to come, but there is also excitement pulsing within Mura's chest as the King whisks her away. The two do not exchange a single word as they ride to wherever Baekhyun has intended for them. 

They enter a bamboo forest and the horse gradually comes to a stop which tells Mura that they have arrived at their destination. Baekhyun helps her alight from the horse before he fastens the animal to a bamboo tree. 

They are surrounded by nothing but thickets of towering bamboo trees and the sound of their leaves rustling against the wind. The dense forest casts a shade against the scorching afternoon sun. 

Mura looks down at her hands as she fidgets with her fingers. She feels it, the weight of the King’s gaze barreling down on her. 

“You are a cruel woman, do you know?” Baekhyun finally speaks. 

Mura dares not to make eye contact.

“I poured my heart out to you, laid myself bare, yet you could not even dignify me with an answer.”

Mura stays silent.

“Even a simple “no” would have been better than the absolute silence you left me with. Were you so appalled, so repulsed by my confession? Had I offended you so gravely for you to treat me so heartlessly?” Baekhyun hears Mura mumble unintelligibly. “If you have something to say then speak clearly, Park Mura,” he asserts, frustrated.

“It hadn’t been my intent to disrespect Your Majesty,” Mura says more audibly while still avoiding the other’s gaze. 

“Yet your actions spoke otherwise.” There is hurt and disappointment in Baekhyun’s voice. “Anyway, you wished for an audience with me and now you have it. You have already refused me, so what else have you to say to me?”

“I… I have questions for Your Majesty,” Mura says with a small voice, glancing timidly at the King.

“Then ask away.”

“Why hadn’t you told me of your feelings sooner? Why is it that you parted with me if you cared for me so?”

“Believe me, I wished for nothing more than to share with you how I truly felt, however, the knowledge that my feelings would never be reciprocated had kept me from doing so. I did not wish to burden you with a love I knew you never asked for. You had said so yourself that you never desired a man’s love. And as far as our separation is concerned, I wished to free you from the constraints of the royal court. It had—” Baekhyun swallows. “It had been the hardest, most devastating thing I have ever had the misfortune of doing, yet I forced myself to it because I knew you, who coveted freedom above all else, would be happier to leave the stifling palace life behind. It was all for you, Buin.”

“Even at the cost of your own happiness?”

“Your happiness means more. It is precious to me. More than you can ever imagine."

Mura is overcome with a barrage of emotions. She cannot believe the depth of the King’s love for her. How could she have been so blind? So foolish? “I wish you had been selfish.”

“Would it have changed anything?”

Mura nods. “Yes.”

Surprise takes hold of Baekhyun’s expression as he comprehends the implication of this simple yes. “No.” He shakes his head. “Please, do not give me false hope. That would undoubtedly be the peak of your cruelty.”

“I had been angry with you for keeping your true feelings from me; for not telling me sooner. But then, I was rudely, yet aptly, reminded that I have been guilty of the same offense myself.”

Baekhyun listens to Mura with bated breath. 

“When you had decided to send me away, I should have stopped you. I should have told you I did not wish to leave you; that there was nothing more I wanted than to remain by your side; and that I loved you… with all my heart.”

Baekhyun inhales a sharp breath at Mura’s admission. He does his best to keep calm. “Do you feel the same today as you did then?”

A hint of a smile appears on Mura’s lips. “Even more than I did then.”

“Y-you truly love me? As I do you?”

“If you love me like every moment together is ecstasy while every moment apart is anguish; yearn for me so desperately that you think you may go insane; nothing else exists when I am near and nothing in the world matters when I am not; a love that alters everything you had always believed to be immutable; a love that makes you unrecognizable to yourself, yet you are better for it; a love that is unwavering, all-consuming, ever-growing—”

“Yes,” Baekhyun says. “that is the love I have for you and so much more.”

“Then yes, my king, I love you… as you do me.”

Baekhyun exhales a sigh as if the weight of the world has been lifted from his shoulders. He then abruptly turns his back on Mura, who regards him questioningly.

She approaches Baekhyun and tries to face him, but he keeps turning away from her, hiding his visage behind his hands.

“Oh?” Mura giggles at what she perceives to be bashfulness coming from her husband. “Is my love confession has you feeling shy? Are you being coy with me?” She finds great amusement in his reaction before finally managing to prise the hands away from his face, only to find him in tears. Mura’s expression changes to concern. “Chonha?” 

“You love me,” Baekhyun states, smiling through his tears. “I had longed to hear those words from you, yet I never thought I would. Tell me I am not dreaming.”

Mura brushes off her husband’s tears, trying not to tear up herself. “This is no dream. I am very much real, standing before you in the flesh telling you that I love you.”

“Then say it again.”

“I love you.”

“Again.”

“I love you.”

“Again.”

“I love you. I love you. I love you.”

Baekhyun pulls Mura into a crushing embrace. Tears laced with jubilation continue their descent. Mura melts into the embrace, delighting in her husband’s smothering grasp.

Not only their bodies but so do their souls meld together, unified at long last.

 



Come, embrace me

Let crushed silk sieve warmth, ever-pleasing

Shall kiss the skin, tenderly.

Come, possess me

Your spirit within me

As one we remain, for half I cannot be.

 

Never forsake me

Wilted, rotten, forgotten,

Broken, shattered, and scattered debris—

My heart be rendered, wasting away

In fragments left to be.

Still beating, still feeling, and weeping forever it be.

 

If you must, then rather,

Come alight me

With dazzling amber that mirrors your beguiling irises

Oh, how sweet your fiery clutch be

Burn me, turn me to ashes

Then I shall set you free.

 

Yes, when nothing is left of me but remnants of your nectarine fire—

No other’s— blowing toward the west sea

Only then, my love, my darling, may you be free

 

…of me.

 

 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

 

 

A/N: FINALLY!!! Woooo! After so much pain, torture and waiting (for both the characters and the readers) Baek and Mura are finally together!!! Rejoice! Are you guys ready for lots and lots of romance???

Btw, this story is nowhere close to the end. There are things that still need to be tackled like Hayeon, the evil grand dowager, Chanyeol-Eunbo, Jongdae-Hwaiin, and not to mention, Jongin! But through it all we will witness Baek and Mura's love grow. Yeah, it's a long ride and I hope you will stick around with me!

I am so excited to start the romance! 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Looking forward to all the comments!!!