Day 6.3 and 7.1

Chaos Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

42. Confusing Manners

 

-SEULGI and Jisoo were shown enjoying their time together at the giant swimming pool of the hotel while waiting for their food. The MCs were amazed at how fearless they were for not caring about showing their bare faces on national TV, claiming that the two's visuals are top-tier.

-The food arrived and Jisoo invited Seulgi to eat first. Seulgi sliced the steak and put the bite pieces on Jisoo's plate.

Jisoo: Thank you, Seulgi-ssi.

Seulgi: No need to be thankful. It's just common manners.

Jisoo: *chuckles* You know, your manners can be confusing at times.

Seulgi: That's why I tried acting all snobbish at first. People tend to fall if you treat them nicely.

MC1: Wow, that was strong.

MC2: *sobs* Jisoo-ssi…

MC3: Of course, despite showing that it's okay, a huge part of her wants to go with Irene-ssi. Seulgi-ssi being disappointed is inevitable.

Jisoo: *smiles faintly* I know… I am sorry.

Seulgi: What are you apologising for this time?

MC2: Seulgi-ssi, did you just really act snobbish or you're really snobbish?

MC3: SSH! You know her actions don't match her feelings at times.

Seulgi: You don't have to be sorry. I will just win the game tomorrow and take Irene here.

-There was silence. Jisoo couldn't even touch her food at all while Seulgi just kept on eating. Even the MCs couldn't speak because of the tension.

Jisoo: Seulgi-ssi… I am not really aiming to win your heart. I am not trying to steal you away from Irene-ssi. I just really want to spend time with you at the very least. I feel like I need this time to move on properly.

Seulgi: I know... That's why I am telling you not to feel sorry. I came here to have fun with you.

-Jisoo started tearing up, she bit her lower lip and faced the other way but she won't be able to escape Seulgi's sharp eyes.

Seulgi: *sighs* I know I said something that might have hurt you. Most of the time, even though I don't intend to, I cause pain to people around me. I am not really good with my word choices so I am really sorry if I hurt you. But Jisoo...

-Seulgi placed more meat on Jisoo's untouched plate.

Seulgi: I realised that no one would really think of how you feel, what you want and what you need. It's your own responsibility to pursue the things that make you happy. If choosing me to come with you here in Paradise is what would make you happy, then I absolutely think that there's nothing to be sorry for. You have the chance and you grabbed it, there's nothing wrong.

-Since Jisoo wasn't eating, Seulgi took the initiative to feed her. The other girl laughed at the action together with the MC. Nevertheless, she opened for it.

Seulgi: If it was outside then I would really be angry but we are on a dating show. The show even said that we can have more than one mutual understanding. We can get to know as many people as we like. You started showing interest in me and I felt it. But, I can't just be wary of how others would feel if I keep liking Irene. I can't tell my heart what to do.

Jisoo: By any chance… Have I ever crossed your mind?

Seulgi: Hmm… *straightens her back* I started showing my interest in Irene early but I also felt how awkward she was with the interest that I was showing. People are most vulnerable at times that they were hurt so when you helped me with the dishes that day, you really took my attention but I didn’t entertain the feeling believing that all the girls here are straight. I was afraid to take a shot at other people. I thought to myself that if I am going to get hurt, I’ll just get hurt from one person.

MC1: Seulgi-ssi was really thinking a lot.

MC3: She probably experienced a lot of painful things because of her orientation.

Jisoo: To be honest, I was really confused at first as well. This is the first time that I got attracted to another woman.

Seulgi: Will it be fine if I think of that as an honour?

-Finally, Jisoo smiled again. Seulgi helped her with wiping her tears away.

Jisoo: Seriously, you better stop with all this heart-stopping manners of yours.

Seulgi: *laughs* It's not my fault that people find it attractive.

-Even the MCs felt relieved when they saw that the two were smiling once again.

Jisoo: Please promise me that you will win tomorrow’s game. I might kneel in front of the PDs so they can give you a chance to go with Irene-ssi here if you don’t win. I am the very reason why you weren’t able to go with Irene-ssi today.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter