eight.

love bites.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the next day. It was time for Nina to leave for her interview. 

Ayaka was at work, so Nina was left alone in the apartment and a nervous wreck. She even almost decided to back out.

But she didn't and now she was headed off to the interview. 

Ayaka suggested Nina walk there just like she does instead of taking a bus or taxi, so she walked there.

Nina's hands were gripped tight on the open umbrella, hoping for her death life that the sunlight did not touch her.

It was a bright sunny summer day as predicted, so people passing did give Nina a few puzzled looks. But like Ayaka said, no one really seemed to question her about it. Though, Nina was terrified that they would, trying to think of excuses as she made her way toward the café, using her phone to find her way.

As she walked, she had a lot of thoughts on her mind. They should've been about her upcoming interview, or maybe Ayaka, but instead...

They were all about Rima.

What happened between them had haunted her since. So much so that it made her feel like she did not deserve to live anymore. She killed her best friend, why should she deserve to live? And now she's starting to get feelings for her girlfriend. Nina could not help but feel so much guilt as she thought about it. Nina couldn't help but feel like the worst friend in the world. 

Although what happened was an accident, Nina fully blamed herself. It was truly the last straw for her to not want to deal with being half vampire anymore. She hates that side of her so much and wishes it would just go away. But it is not easy.

The harsh memory of Rima's body going limp in her arms still makes her skin crawl. 

But... she can't help that she's half vampire. She couldn't help that she let herself get a bit too hungry and took a bit too much blood from Rima. She can't help that she needs to drink blood to survive. It is in her genes.

Also, she could not help the fact that she had started to fall in love with Rima's widowed girlfriend.

If Ayaka found out, Nina doubted she would understand. But, Nina wanted their relationship to stay how it was. So, she knew it would be best for the both of them if she did not tell her.

Though, why did she still feel so uneasy?

She didn't know if it was because of the interview in a few minutes or what, but Nina started to feel the same way she did that night.

Her head pounding, dizziness, an uncomfortable feeling in her stomach that made her want to vomit. Sometimes she wished she did that night, just so she did not have to live with the guilt of having consumed her dead best friend's blood.

It was just feelings of anxiety, but to Nina those feelings made her think back to that horrible night. And it scared her even more.

Nina just wanted to turn back time and bring Rima back. But, she didn't know how she would feel about Rima and Ayaka being back together. She would definitely be jealous. It sure did not help that Nina also used to have feelings for Rima too, back when they were teenagers. Before Ayaka entered either of their lives.

Nina did her best to remove the negative thoughts in her mind before stepping into the café. She was a bit early, so she had time. She stood outside and took a few deep breaths before finally heading inside, shutting her umbrella and staying away from where sunlight was peeking out of the glass windows.

It seemed like Ayaka had already left work, since Nina saw no sign of her. Ayaka got off work at 3:00pm and Nina's interview was scheduled for 3:15pm, so she wasn't surprised. She wondered why she didn't notice her if they walked past each other. Maybe Ayaka takes a different route?

Nina took a deep breath and then approached one of the employees.

"Hi, my name is Nina Hillman," she spoke up, trying not to seem nervous. "I'm here for an interview."

Hillman. It was her father's surname. Since Nina never got to meet her father, she had been going by her mother's last name her whole life. 

Her mother and father had a very interesting situation. They were in love, but knew they weren't supposed to be. Even though her mother was a vampire, her father loved her anyway and tried his best to her past the hard truths about being a human dating a vampire. 

That was until Nina's human grandparents found out about their secret, after the couple already had both Nina's older sister Iona and her. They forced him to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter