ten.

love bites.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A bit later that night, Ayaka finished getting ready for bed and joined Nina, who was already waiting for her under the covers.

Nina had her attention glued to her cell phone, which she hadn't had time to check yet tonight. 

But once she checked her email, her stomach dropped.

She got an email from the café.

Ayaka sat upright next to Nina underneath the sheets, keeping her gaze on Nina. She intently waited for Nina to put her phone down so the two of them can focus on each other.

Ever since the loss of Rima, Ayaka had felt so lonely.

She got so used to waking up next to Rima every single day. She got so used to their kisses. And Rima's touch. 

So when all of that suddenly disappeared, it felt like Ayaka's world had ended.

She had been desperate to find someone who could make her happy again. Someone who could give her kisses and keep her bed warm. 

Not that she wanted someone to replace Rima. That was far from the truth. No one could replace her.

She knew that Rima would want her to move on. She would rather her find new love instead of being sad and lonely all the time.

Ayaka is certain that the new love she had been hoping to find is right by her side in bed right now.

Though, Ayaka's stare at Nina made it quick for her to notice a sudden change in expression.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Ayaka asked softly.

Ayaka felt embarrassed after she suddenly called her that.

But Nina did not seem to notice. She was more concerned with what was on her phone screen.

"I didn't get it."

"You didn't get what?" Ayaka asked. It did not seem to click in her desperate brain.

"I didn't get the job, Ayaka," Nina frowned and covered her face with her hands. If she could cry, she would be crying her eyes out.

"Nina..." Ayaka frowned, scooting a bit closer to Nina and brushing a strand of her hair out of the way. "I'm so sorry..."

"I-I did my best... and it still wasn't enough," Nina's voice was shaky from emotion.

"You did your best and that's all that matters," Ayaka assured her, speaking in a comforting tone. "There will be more opportunities, I promise. This just wasn't the one."

"You're right..." Nina sighed, removing her hands from her face. "I will just have to try harder next time."

"That's the spirit," Ayaka chuckled, admiring Nina for just a moment. She looks so pretty, even when she's sad.

"You know, Ayaka," Nina began, putting her phone down to finally glance over at the human by her side. "I truly appreciate everything you've done for me. You're even fine with me your blood... I don't know what I did to deserve someone like you in my life..."

"We both needed each other," Ayaka responded with a faint smile. "Fate brought us together."

"That's right," Nina was able to smile despite the horrible news. She was really glad to have Ayaka by her side.

"Nina," Ayaka began, letting out a sigh as she moved down to be at Nina's shoulders. She rested her head against Nina's shoulder, smiling. "I love you a lot, you know."

"You... love me?" Nina questioned, looking down at Ayaka with shocked eyes.

"I do," Ayaka confirmed, finally letting her true feelings show. "And not just as a friend either. I have feelings for you, Nina."

Nina felt guilt once again. She really did steal Rima's life and now she's stealing her girlfriend...

But Nina couldn't deny it. She had feelings for Ayaka too. Feelings she never felt before. She didn't understand them at all. But now, she was starting to feel like she finally did.

"Ayaka..." She responded, smiling at her. "I have feelings for you too," she confessed.

"I never thought I would find love again after losing Rima but then..." Ayaka mentioned, her fingers running circles along Nina's flank. "You came into my life. Thank you."

Nina felt the unfamiliar feeling of butterflies as Ayaka spoke. The guilt was still eating at her, but she was glad she was able to come into Ayaka's life and make her happy again.

"Does that mean..." Nina began. She felt curious, as she never experienced something like this before. "That we're girlfriends now?"

"If you want us to be, then we are," Ayaka smiled wider at Nina.

In the moment, Ayaka thought back to the moment she and Rima first got together.

They were in their first year of university. They had been friends since high school, but that friendship really started to slowly turn into something more.

The two of them were having a sleepover at Ayaka's dorm room. Ayaka's roommate was out at a party, so they had the room all of themselves.

The both of them had very strong feelings for each other for a long time at this point, but neither of them felt brave enough to confess.

Until, that night, Ayaka felt like she was tired of waiting.

They were watching a movie together, and as soon as they got to the couple's confession scene, Ayaka strongly connected to it. Watching the couple confess their feelings and embrace in a kiss made her want to see if she could do that too.

So, Ayaka spoke up.

"Rima. I love you a lot, you know?"

Were her exact words.

"You... love me?" Rima had responded, her heart suddenly starting to pound real fast.

"I do," Ayaka responded, smiling warmly. "And not just as a friend either. I have feelings for you, Rima."

Ayaka didn't know that one day, she would be repeating those words to someone else. Funnily enough, Nina had the same initial response as Rima too.

"I feel the same way, Ayaka," Rima smiled back at her. "I have for a long time."

Then, their lips met in their first ever kiss. The first of very many.

Ayaka came back to her senses as soon as Nina responded.

"Then we are," Nina was able to make the first move this time, leaning down and pressing her lips against Ayaka's.

As they kissed, Ayaka sat back up to be on the same level as Nina. 

Ayaka's kissing started to become rougher as she tried to assert her dominance. Her confidence and experience in situations like these quickly overrode Nina's nerves and inexperience. It was no surprise. Ayaka used to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter