seven.

love bites.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was soon Monday, the day before the interview. 

As soon as Ayaka arrived back from work in the afternoon, she waited for Nina to wake up before starting to help her prepare for the interview.

Nina was asleep in Ayaka's bed. They slept together again the previous night. It seemed like Nina's time sleeping on the couch did not last long at all.

As soon as Ayaka heard some movement coming from her bedroom around dusk, she knew that Nina was awake. 

Ayaka is excited for Nina to possibly start working at the same place as her. The café is definitely a flawed place to work, but Ayaka had been able to manage it well over the past few months since she started working there.

Ayaka graduated from university in March.

The day of her commencement was Rima's birthday. It was hard to finish her last year of university without her, but she knew she had to make her proud. 

Rima even chose the study the same thing as Ayaka. She wanted to share classes with her, but also work together at the same place in the future. Rima also was a video game streamer on the side, which was something she really enjoyed doing.

The two of them never really liked being separated.

Ayaka often worries that Rima is not proud of what she had been doing so far.

Ayaka struggled with finding a job with her degree after graduating. Studying communications definitely was not a good idea. She hoped to become a news anchor someday. It had been her dream. However, every position was way too competitive, with so many qualified applicants. Ayaka never made the cut.

Ayaka needed to make money somehow, so she settled with working a full-time job at a café until she is able to be offered the kind of job she really wanted.

The past year had been so rough for Ayaka. But now it seemed like she was finally starting to feel happy and hopeful once again. All because of Nina. 

Ayaka never thought she would love someone again after losing Rima. She truly thought Rima was the love of her life. They shared this apartment together and planned to get married not long after graduating college. Ayaka was more than ready for Rima to be her wife. 

So, losing her truly broke her. Though, now that she met Nina, she felt like there was finally light in her life. She finally knew that she could find love again.

Ayaka made her way into the bedroom, spotting Nina now fully out of the bed. 

"Good morning," Ayaka said jokingly, knowing it is the complete opposite of morning. "Are you ready to start planning?"

"Sure, just give me a few moments to fully wake up," Nina responded, smiling slightly at Ayaka. She still seemed tired.

"Okay, just let me know when you're ready."

A few minutes later, Nina felt fully ready to start their plan.

"To avoid the sun..." Ayaka began with that, as it was their main worry. "How about you carry around a big umbrella? Would that do the trick?"

"Yeah, it should," Nina confirmed with a not as the two of them moved into the living room, sitting down on the couch together. "I'm fine in the shade. I just can't be in direct sunlight."

"Some people may give you weird looks, but do not worry about that," Ayaka made sure to mention. It is supposed to be clear and sunny tomorrow. People would definitely think its weird that someone is carrying around an open umbrella in that weather, but Ayaka felt that no one would really question Nina about it.

"The café sells nothing containing garlic, right?" Nina then questioned nervously. 

"Not that I know of. We mostly just sell coffee, tea, and pastries," Ayaka confirmed, trying to think. "I don't think any of the ingredient lists contain garlic."

"Good," Nina seemed a little bit relie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter