six.

love bites.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the sun rose in the sky, Ayaka started to wake up.

It was Sunday. Another day off for Ayaka.

She found herself still snuggled up with Nina, who had fallen asleep now. 

Nina still had her arms around Ayaka, but now they were spooning. Ayaka being the little spoon at that moment.

She felt warmth in her heart once she realized Nina was still cuddling with her and hadn't returned to the couch.

She wanted to get up, but she was trapped by Nina's grip and feared that if she moved, it would wake Nina up.

So, she decided to stay a bit longer, enjoying the feeling of Nina's arms around her. Protecting her from the dangers that could have been lurking around in the night.

Though, if she waited until Nina woke up, she would be in bed all day. She could not wait that long. She started to feel hungry. She wanted to get up and start her day. She had chores to do!

Ayaka began to start gently wiggling out of Nina's arms, which were wrapped tight around her torso. She tried so carefully not to wake Nina.

And it was a success! She was able to get out of bed without disturbing Nina's sleep.

Ayaka took one last moment to look over at Nina's sleeping figure before quietly leaving her bedroom, shutting the door behind her. 

Ayaka fixed herself a quick breakfast before tackling her chores. One of which was going grocery shopping.

This would be the first time Ayaka left Nina at the apartment alone since she moved in. She felt a bit nervous about it, though she could not explain why.

It was not that she didn't trust Nina. In fact, it was the opposite. She was afraid that someone could've caught onto the fact that she was keeping a vampire hybrid safe in her apartment. If that were the case, they could report it to the vampire hunters and they would break in. Vampire hunters don't need a search warrant under the law, so it would be free range for them.

Ayaka left a note for Nina in case she woke up before she returned and left the apartment, locking the door behind her.

When Ayaka returned, she was surprised to see Nina awake. Good thing she left that note!

"You're up early," is the first thing Ayaka said as she walked into her apartment. Ayaka was glad she had made sure all of the blinds and curtains were closed in her apartment. She kept them closed ever since Nina moved in.

"Yeah," Nina responded, taking a moment to stretch her arms. "Last night was great," she admitted with a small smile.

Though, Ayaka could tell that Nina was worried about something. 

"Did I miss anything?" Ayaka asked, hoping Nina would spill what was on her mind.

"The café called me back," Nina revealed, making eye contact with Ayaka. "It woke me up," she told her, which explained why she was up at this time. "They want to interview me."

"Yay!" Ayaka was excited for Nina, quickly putting her groceries down before going over to hug Nina. Though, Nina did not seem too excited.

"But there's a catch," Nina mentioned, sounding a little anxious.

"What is it?" Ayaka asked, separating from the hug as she met Nina's worried gaze. 

"They can only interview me during the day," Nina informed Ayaka, who responded with a frown. "And it has to be in person. I asked if they could do it over video call and they said they wouldn't."

"Nina," Ayaka began. "We can find a way around it. When is the interview?"

"Tuesday..." Nina answered, seeming very tense and stressed.

Ayaka started to feel stress as well, realizing how little time they have to prepare. They only have today and tomorrow to prepare!

"Nina," Ayaka tried to comfort her friend, hugging her once again. "Don't stress about it too much. We'll figure everything out tomorrow after I get home from work, I promise," she continued on, resting her chin on top of Nina's shoulder. 

After that, Nina went back to bed and Ayaka went back to her chores for the day.

But as Ayaka was folding her laundry, a lightbulb lit up in her mind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter