four.

love bites.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

// mention of suicidal thoughts

 

-

 

Ayaka felt so excited. 

She was so happy to have Nina living with her, and yet she was not so sure why.

An idea popped into her mind that made her blush a little, but she quickly shook it off.

Last year, after Rima was killed, she had thought to herself that she would never fall in love with someone ever again. But now, she was just catching herself starting to feel that way for someone new. 

But she should not love a vampire, although Nina was just a hybrid.

Last night, as Ayaka was trying to sleep, her mind kept whirring of ideas. How could she help Nina fit in?

Until a lightbulb lit up in her mind. 

Ayaka worked mostly full-time at a café. She rather enjoyed her job, especially early shifts so she could get off work in the afternoon and still have the rest of the day to do other tasks. 

But, they are severely understaffed, especially for later shifts. It was why she had to work overtime that night she met Nina.

The café was special because it was for 24 hours. Though, people were much less likely to take night shifts. 

But who would a night shift be perfect for? A nocturnal half-vampire like Nina.

So, she woke up early the next morning, immediately wanting to tell Nina about her idea.

She got up out of her bed and stepped out of her room. She found Nina where she expected, laying on the couch with a blanket on top of her with the TV on.

Nina looked sleepy, which made sense since it is nearing her bedtime now.

"Good morning Nina," Ayaka smiled as she approached the hybrid, seeming to have caught her off-guard.

"Oh... hey Ayaka," Nina sat up a little bit, but her eyes looked heavy. "Did you sleep well?"

She let out a yawn, which showed her fangs. Fangs that Ayaka wasn't scared of at all.

"Yep," Ayaka responded. "I have something I want to ask you, though."

Nina momentarily looked panicked, sitting up even more. 

"What is it?"

"How would you feel about working where I do?" Ayaka asked, looking down at Nina. "We're understaffed and need more people to work night shift."

"Wow, how late are they open then?" Nina asked. She no longer looked panicked and instead looked curious.

"They are only closed on Sundays, otherwise they don't close at all," Ayaka explained. "The café is open 24 hours. The guy who owns it is a Christian, which is why it is closed on Sundays."

"Oh... that's the first time I've heard of a human café that's open that late," Nina seemed a bit shocked, but nodded. "I'm interested in giving it a shot. How do I apply to a job?" She asked curiously.

There were no jobs in vampire society. Most vampires were unhinged and fend for themselves. Human society is so much more organized than vampire society. So, Nina had no idea how it works. 

"You can just apply on their website. That's how I did it," Ayaka explained. "I can send you a link to it."

"That would be perfect, thank you," Nina responded, pulling out her phone. "How often do you work, Ayaka?"

"I work in the mornings mostly," Ayaka answered. "My shift is usually from 6 am until 2 pm."

"Oh... okay," Nina then frowned. "Maybe we won't get to see each other much then..." she realized.

"I know you'll be sleeping during the day, but we could stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter