thirteen.

love bites.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It did not take long for Nina to make it back to Ayaka's apartment.

She knocked on the door. 

No response. 

She knocked again, but harder.

Nothing.

Nina did not give up. She decided to knock again and harder.

Finally, there was a response.

"Nina!" She could hear Ayaka's voice coming from the other side. " off!" She started to tell her off. "Or else I'll call the vampire hunters!" She sounded like she was in tears still.

Nina tried to open the door, but it was locked. She let out a huge sigh.

"Ayaka... y-you've got to hear me out!" Nina said as she continued to stand out in the rain. She wrapped her arms around herself as she began to shiver. Not just from emotions this time, but from the cold. "I'm sorry... p-please just let me explain what happened!"

"If I let you explain," Ayaka began to response with a sob. "W-Would you even be telling the truth?!" She sounded so angry. Nina sighed. This was going to take a while.

"I-I absolutely would... Ayaka," Nina assured her. "B-Because..." she paused. "Because I still love you and care about you. You... deserve to know what truly happened that night."

"How would I know you're telling the truth?!" Ayaka wasn't willing to listen to Nina's words, which she believed were bull. "Y-You've hid this from me for all this time...!"

"B-Because I was scared..." Nina admitted, trying her best to reason with Ayaka.

"Nina... how do I know that if I open the door... that you wouldn't just kill me like you did to poor Rima!" It was clear Ayaka wasn't willing to give Nina a chance. Due to her own fears and emotions.

"Ayaka," Nina sighed heavily. "I-If I wanted to kill you, which I would never, don't you think I would've done it by now? W-We've been living together for over two weeks!" She continued to explain herself. "Besides... believe me, all of my kills were accidental, including Rima," she tried to bring that up. "I-I promise I've been so careful around you..."

It was true. That time when Nina Ayaka's blood, she was so careful with her. She kept her calm and made sure she did not too much blood. She even took care of the bite wound afterwards. Nina had mentioned she had tried to be like that with every human she had blood from. Was that enough to prove that the death of Rima wasn't intentional?

"W-Were they truly accidental, Nina?!" Ayaka was quick to challenge her claim, clearly in the middle of a sob. "How could you even accidentally  all of Rima's blood?!" She questioned furiously. "There wasn't a drop of blood left in her body when she was found... how can one vampire drink all of that blood on accident?!" 

"Ayaka..." Nina gave a frustrated sigh. "Just... let me in so we can discuss this face-to-face."

"No!" Ayaka quickly denied Nina's offer. "I have garlic, so you wouldn't want to come in even if you could!" She threatened.

Nina realized she was going to have to do much more than this if she was going to be able to talk to Ayaka like she wanted to.

She needed to do a lot more convincing.

"Ayaka..." Nina sighed, pressing her head against the door. "P-Please... just let me explain what happened. It's your choice if you want to forgive me or not, but please... just hear me out..." She started to give a desperate speech. "I beg of you, Ayaka. I love you so much... and I don't want to lose you just like I've lost everyone else I've loved in my life..." she frowned, her voice sounding emotional. "Y-You're the second person in my life to ever love me for who I truly am... you have no idea how depressing the loss of Rima, the first person to ever love me for who I am, was for me too..." she sounded completely sincere.

"You knew Rima?" Ayaka was confused. She couldn't believe it at all. Nina was just trying to get her to open the door so she could kill her... right? "If you really knew Rima then... what was one of her favorite hobbies?"

"Rima loved to play video games," Nina chose one of Rima's hobbies she knew of. "She even had a video game streaming channel on the side of college."

"What did she play during her last livestream?" Ayaka suddenly quizzed her. She often goes back to watch this one as well as her other saved livestreams whenever she's feeling down. Thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter