eleven.

love bites.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week since Ayaka and Nina agreed to become a couple.

They were heading off on their first date on this beautiful, clear Friday night.

There is not much they can do for dates. Nina being half-vampire is definitely very limiting. 

They decided their best option for their first date was to simply go on a late night walk through the city. That is normally very dangerous for Ayaka, but with Nina by her side, she felt safe.

It is far past midnight.

Ayaka usually doesn't like to stay up this late, but she's made an exception for Nina. For them to enjoy more time together.

They walked along the border between the city and the crimson forest, with no fear in their minds, knowing that they can keep each other safe from vampires or vampire hunters. For once in their lives, they both felt invincible.

"It feels so nice out tonight," Ayaka points out, taking in the air around her. "The days are so warm, but nothing beats summer nights. This breeze is amazing."

"I agree," Nina responded, giving Ayaka a faint smile. "We couldn't have chosen a more perfect first date."

They reached their hands out and held them together as they walked along the sidewalk lit up by street lights. The city seemed completely empty and hollow, like it was only Ayaka and Nina left in the world and they could freely love each other. 

There had been a question lingering in Nina's mind for a while now. She thought now would be a good time to ask it. 

"So..." she began. "How did you and Rima even meet?"

Nina was curious. Rima had told her she had a girlfriend as soon as the two of them got together, but she was never willing to tell Nina anything about her. No matter how much she asked. Likely to protect her privacy. Nina couldn't help but think that if maybe Rima had told her about Ayaka, she would've been able to avoid the situation she found herself in.

"We met in high school," Ayaka began to tell her. "We didn't really know each other existed until one of our teachers assigned us as partners for a class project."

"Ayaka, your partner will be Rima," the chemistry teacher had told her. She did not even know who Rima was, until a girl approached her table.

It was the first day of Ayaka's third year of high school. It was the first day of chemistry class... and whoever was assigned as your lab partner was going to be stuck as your partner until the class is over. 

Ayaka looked over at the other girl. She seemed to be a bit younger than her. She sat in the chair beside Ayaka at the lab table nervously. Is this girl shy? Ayaka had wondered.

"Hi," Ayaka was the first to speak. "My name is Ayaka, I'm sure you know that by now though," she said. "You're Rima-san, I'm guessing?"

"Hi," Rima had responded, finally looking over at Ayaka. "Yeah, I am. I guess we're chemistry partners, huh?"

"Yep," Ayaka responded with a faint smile, remembering that she thought Rima was cute. 

"You're really pretty," Rima had suddenly said.

"Aw thanks," Ayaka smiled at her. "You are too."

"Thank you," Rima seemed to blush. "Are you a third year too?"

"Yes I am," Ayaka confirmed. "I hope to get to know you well."

Ayaka had smiled at the memory. Those were simpler times.

"Oh, what class was it?" Nina asked curiously.

"It was for chemistry lab," Ayaka answered. "But I think we ended up focusing on the wrong kind of chemistry," she laughed as she reminisced at the memory sadly. "We nearl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter