one.

love bites.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Twenty-year-old Nina Hillman's life has never been ordinary.

Being born a vampire can't be ordinary no matter how hard one may try to make it be.

Especially when you can't even be an ordinary vampire either.

Growing up, Nina always felt different.

Whenever she would try to befriend other vampires, they would quickly turn her down. 

Because she was different.

It was not until her 18th birthday when her mother broke the news to her that she's a hybrid. Half vampire, half human.

All of her life, Nina thought she was just a little bit different from the other young vampires. But it turned out, she was actually only half vampire.

No wonder she struggled to fit in her entire life.

She had every single trait of a vampire, but they all seemed watered down. She could never run as fast as fhe others, nor was she as strong as them either. She got blood-thirsty less often, but whenever she would, it would scare her a lot. Losing control of herself always scared her. She had always been afraid she would do something she would regret. Though, it did help that her fangs were smaller than the average vampire. All it did though was make her feel like she fit in even less.

There were even some vampire traits she still had in its full force though, such as the inability to handle sunlight, intolerance of garlic, and the inability to consume anything but blood. She learned that last one the hard way.

Oh, and she was always teased for being "too nice," especially when it comes to the topic of humans. Other than the vampire hunters, she really saw nothing wrong with them. She even found herself to be envious of them.

Nina hated herself for this. She wished so bad that she was born a full human. Maybe that way, life would be so much easier. 

Nina thought about all of this was a sigh as she made her way through the Crimson Forest, which is the place where vampires call home.

It was what Nina called her home. It was where she was raised. Though, she sometimes wished so badly to leave and never return.

Suddenly, as she was walking, Nina heard a scream... and it sounded pretty close.

She found herself starting to worry. If she had a heart, it would have quickened its pace.

The hairs on the back of her neck started to rise. But despite her fear, Nina decided she should investigate. Luckily, she was not hungry for blood at that moment, so she thought maybe she could help out whoever is in trouble.

Nina stepped lightly as she began to slowly make her way to the source of the scream. If this were a horror movie, she would definitely be dead.

When she got close enough, she finally found the source of the scream.

It was from a human. A pretty human that seemed to be around her age, if not a bit older.

The human's beautiful eyes were wide in terror as she was backed into a tree by a crazed blood-thirsty vampire. 

"P-Please!" She cried out in a beg. "D-Don't kill me! I... I'm too young to die!"

She sounded so desperate. It only made Nina's desire to help her stronger.

As soon as Nina found the perfect moment, she decided to interfere. She leapt for the vampire, trying to knock him down.

Although Nina was much smaller and weaker than this male full vampire, she found herself at an advantage due to the element of surprise. Ambushing him was the perfect idea, as he had been caught off guard.

The vampire stumbled backward as soon as Nina tried to shove him, and he lost his balance, tumbling backwards onto his back.

While the vampire was stunned, Nina knew she had to act fast. So, she quickly got down and pinned him down by his neck. She pressed down hard so he began to struggle to breathe.

Once she noticed that he had given in, she let go and got off of him. She got back up to her feet and so did he, but once he did, he quickly ran off.

Nina felt pride as she watched him run. She had never defeated a stronger vampire in combat before. She was glad she was able to use the element of surprise to her advantage.

She turned h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter