So Will You

Everyday I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JOOHYUN'S eyes shot open. There's cold sweat running over her back and head. She was even chasing for her breath.

"Sunbae…"

That worried voice caught her attention and though it was blurry, she knew that even the face of the owner of the voice was filled with worry.

As her sight adjusted, she saw Seulgi's face up close but it didn't bother her. Rather, she was thankful that Seulgi was there.

"Sunbae, are you okay?" Seulgi asked.

Joohyun held her head and closed her eyes. "Sorry, I just had a nightmare." She then consulted the time through the phone charging right next to her before exhaustedly breathing out. "Sorry, I disturbed your sleep..."

Seulgi hummed while shaking her head. "It's okay, you don't have to be sorry. Do you want some water?"

Joohyun slowly sat up and pulled her shirt sticking to her back because of sweat. "Y-Yes, please."

The younger girl hurriedly poured her a glass of water. "Here."

"T-Thank you..."

Seulgi waited for Joohyun to finish drinking before she asked a question. "What were you dreaming about, Sunbae? You were struggling like you've seen a zombie! Were you dreaming of zombies!?"

With her breathing finally stabilising, Joohyun gave the cup back to Seulgi. "Yeah, maybe it was a zombie nightmare."

"F-For real!?" Seulgi asked, shocked. "That's really terrifying."

Joohyun just shook her head, hiding her smile as she fixed her blanket.

It was that dream again... It has come back to haunt her again after a long time of not visiting her.

Her eyes then went back to Seulgi who came running back after she placed the used cup in the sink. She watched how she cutely secured herself under her blanket before stressing, "I hate zombies with passion! They should just stay dead!"

Joohyun stayed up for a while, her eyes still fixed on Seulgi. Now that she took a better look at her, she noticed that there are only a few traces of the bruises left on her face. The cut on her eyebrow has healed completely as well.

"Seulgi-ssi…" Joohyun softly called.

The younger girl opened one eye for her. "Yes, Sunbae? Is there anything more you need?"

Joohyun weakly shook her head. "Nothing… Let's go back to sleep."

"Alright." Seulgi smiled. "Stop dreaming of zombies and try dreaming of me and have the sweetest dream there is."

Joohyun scoffed as she laid back down. "You wish."

Seulgi chuckled, thinking that she threw one of the best pickup lines there is in the universe. "Good night, Sunbae."

Joohyun wanted to take one last look at Seulgi before closing her eyes but the huge pillow between them didn't allow her anymore. For some weird reason, she wanted to remove the said barricade so that she could stare more at Seulgi's face before falling asleep. She hates to admit it but dreaming about the said girl would be better to have that nightmare once again.

"Thank you for staying..." she whispered only to quickly cover her lips. She quickly took a peek of Seulgi and was relieved that the girl was already back to her own dreamland.

The senior then took a deep breath before closing her eyes. It has been a week since that visit from Seulgi's friend… It has been a week of Seulgi choosing her over that childhood friend of hers. It has also been a week since she started feeling weird about Seulgi.

“Good night, Seulgi-ssi…”

 

 

That one fateful day…

 

"STAY at my flat from now on, Unnie~"

For some unknown reason, Joohyun felt her heart was about to explode as the new girl, who Seulgi calls Joy, wrapped herself around Seulgi like some sort of snake.

Joohyun wasn't even aware that she was already glaring at them with her fists clenched quite tightly. Jiminjeong who were watching them secretly while they organised their storage were also surprised at how their senior was acting.

They've seen Joohyun angry before but this is the first time they've seen her like this because of someone.

"Let's go get your stuff, shall we?" Sooyoung asked as if Seulgi already agreed with her offer. "Where are you even staying now?"

Seulgi was looking at her, half amused, half confused. She didn't know which to ask first.

"H-How did you know that I am not living at my house anymore?" She asked finally, gulping in the process.

"I went to visit you last time!" Joy cheerfully answered, lying. "But Auntie told me that you're not staying in the mansion for a while."

"You've met my mother in the house!? Wow, Joy! I know you are a lucky girl but you are indeed lucky that you met her at the house!"

Sooyoung just giggled at that reaction, completely unaware of what Seulgi was implying. Her mind was fixed in taking Seulgi with her.

She then let go of Seulgi's neck only to latch at her arm, holding the girl's hand with both of her hands. "Let's go! We have a lot of catching up to do!"

Sooyoung gave Joohyun another side eye paired with a triumphant smirk. 'Sorry, but I am taking home what's mine.' Is what those eyes were clearly saying.

"TCH." Joohyun, subconsciously, clicked her tongue.

"Joy, thanks for caring about me. I really appreciate it." Seulgi gave a light tap on Sooyoung's cheek which made Jiminjeong gasp because of how violently Joohyun rolled her eyes at the sight of it. Minjeong cowered in her place.

"Of course!" Joy pressed her body even more unto Seulgi's arm, making Joohyun's eyebrows twitch. "I am your joy anyway! I will do everything just for you~"

"Ha-ha…" Seulgi gave an awkward smile. Rubbing her nape, her gaze landed on Joohyun. "But, I am sorry, Joy... I have to decline your kind offer."

"Huh?" Sooyoung frowned, totally surprised. "B-But why?"

Joohyun's fist instantly loosened at that answer from Seulgi. The latter was looking at her with such an assuring stare that even Joohyun’s furrowed brows flattened.

"I don't know how long you two have been here but I believe you have done some self introductions, right? But let me introduce you two from my side." Seulgi then presented Joohyun to Sooyoung. "Joy, this is Bae Joohyun-sunbae. She's a senior from the same major. I am staying at her house for the meantime."

Sooyoung's hold on Seulgi slowly loosened when she noticed how Seulgi looked at the other girl. "She's actually the girl that I am in love with."

Sooyoung's eyes widened. She already heard about it from Wendy but she didn't know that Seulgi would actually tell her about it so casually, so nonchalantly as if she wasn't stepping into something.

Jimin couldn't stop hitting Minjeong in the shoulder because of how that statement of Seulgi gave her secondary butterflies. Minjeong was actually so shocked to even react to Jimin's abuse. She couldn’t even close .

Joohyun's early scary face also turned into a surprised one with her lips slightly agape. Her fists completely loosened but her heart was beating much faster and wilder.

"Joohyun-sunbae, this is Joy Park. We have been friends ever since we were little worms. I believe you've seen her somewhere, I mean her face is like all over the internet."

Seulgi then placed a hand on Sooyoung's back. "Have you properly introduced yourself, Joy-ah?"

'Yeah, she properly introduced herself.' Was what Joohyun wanted to say. The moment they were left alone, Sooyoung immediately grabbed the chance to introduce herself and make things clear to Joohyun.

"I am Joy Park and I am here to take Seulgi-unnie. I know that she's staying in your house but it ends here. I heard that you don't like her the way she likes you anyway. I'll take her where she will be appreciated."

Joohyun was seriously surprised. She already figured out that the elegant woman has something to do with Kang Seulgi but she didn't know that she would come at her like that. And when she asked her about what her role is in Seulgi's life, Sooyoung crossed her arms and looked down on her.

"Isn't it obvious? I am her lover."

Of course, she'd be chased by Seulgi’s admirers. Joohyun sincerely thought that people at school were being nice to her since no one has confronted her yet. She was actually thinking of ways on how she should escape if ever she was trapped in a restroom by a Seulgi fan or by a sasaeng if you may call it. She was prepared for this to happen and now the real deal has finally appeared in front of her---a widely popular, extremely in demand, beautiful and rich, childhood friend.

Sooyoung gave Seulgi a cute frown. "Are you guys dating already?"

A question that actually took Seulgi aback, she started scratching the back of her head again. "No… Ha-ha… I'm just a parasite in her house now since I don't have anywhere to go."

"But, Unnie!" Sooyoung clung to Seulgi once more. "You know you have a place to go! You can come with me!"

"Joy..." Seulgi sighed but still smiling. "You know well that I can't do that, right? I'm in exile and you remember what happened to friends who try to give me shelter at times like this, right?"

"But, Unnie…"

Seulgi placed a hand on Sooyoung's shoulder. "Come on, Joy-ah~ Won't you support your Seulgi-unnie in her pursuit of love? I managed to live on the same roof with the love of my life. Do you think I will just let go of this opportunity?"

"Wow, I don't know if she's acting but if not then she's one big can of condensed milk." Minjeong commented which earned snickers from Jimin.

"You're the one to talk." Jimin whispered.

"Huh?"

"SShhhh! We're now going to the exciting part."

"Hmph!" Sooyoung puffed her cheeks. Crossing her arms once more, she turned to Joohyun. "Well, then how about we let this Joohyun-sunbae decide? Since you said you're just a parasite living at her house, why don't we ask the side of the host?"

Sooyoung took two steps forward before flicking an eyebrow on Joohyun. The latter wasn't fazed by the display of arrogance.

"So, Bae Joohyun-ssi, would you still like Seulgi-unnie in your little, cramped, cheap house because I am willing to take any punishment from her father and take her in if you don't!"

Joohyun's hands balled into fists once more as she went eye to eye with Sooyoung. She then looked at Seulgi but became even more confused at how the other girl was looking back at her—Seulgi was giving her the sweetest smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter