Sunbae

Everyday I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SEULGI, with her undying habit of pressing her lips together when getting either annoyed or confused, stared at her best friend with her eyebrows furrowed. Wendy flicked her at the forehead to somehow flatten those eyebrows and continued to laugh at her.

“Are you for real, Kang Seulgi?” The other girl asked, holding her tummy as it was already starting to cramp because of too much laughter. “Did you really just confess to our senior in front of many people? You are one brave soul!”

“What’s funny about that?” Seulgi innocently asked, confused about what's making her friend laugh. She started wondering if confessing love in front of many people is that funny in Canada since Son Seungwan, aka Wendy Shon, basically spent twenty years of her life there.

“You’re asking me what’s funny?” Wendy wiped away the tears brought by laughing. “Are you that bored? Are you not satisfied with all these people wanting you to be their lover that you joined this confessing game?”

Seulgi’s eyes narrowed. “Are you inferring that I am just playing around?”

The two are currently taking a walk. They just finished eating their lunch and Seulgi asked if Wendy could join her for a walk, she just couldn’t let her munching destroy her toned body. She kind of ate a lot that day because her favourite was on the menu.

She was eating all by herself when Wendy suddenly arrived and started teasing her about what she did earlier that day. Since the food was so delicious, her ears automatically stopped functioning so she could focus on eating and not lose her appetite due to her friend’s non stop teasing.

“Aren’t you?” Wendy asked, one eyebrow was raised. “Don’t tell me you’re actually serious about that senior?”

Seulgi stopped to her tracks, she stared at Wendy with those wide open eyes, looking really betrayed. “Are you seriously thinking that I would fake a love confession? I am dead serious about Joohyun-sunbae!”

The two then flinched when they heard girls giggling from their back. The girls just greeted them and immediately ran away, telling each other “She’s serious, she’s serious!” while hitting each other on the shoulder. Seulgi smiled at what she just saw.

“It seems like I have supporters to my quest to Joohyun-sunbae’s heart~”

Wendy was quick to snap her back to reality by flicking her nape.

“OUCH!” Seulgi turned back to the other girl while holding her hurting nape. “Stop with all the flicking please! Your fingers are made of steel!”

Wendy just shook her head followed by a deep sigh. “Ya, tell me, am I really your best friend? Why am I not aware of your feelings about Joohyun-sunbae, huh? When did she even get your attention, huh?”

Kang Seulgi, with her cute bear smile, shrugged her shoulders. “Sorry, but I am not telling you~”

She continued walking and Wendy just followed her like always.

“That’s making me feel sad, you know? I tell you almost everything about my lovelife!” Wendy then hurried forward and started walking backwards so she could have a better view of Seulgi’s face. “Joohyun-sunbae, huh? I know she’s pretty and all. She just doesn’t care about her looks and fashion but yeah, I guess she’s pretty without those thick glasses. She’s also good at her academics but hey… You’re out of her league.”

“Huh?” Seulgi looked rather confused. “Isn’t it the other way around?”

“Stop with your innocent acts, Kang Seulgi. You know exactly what I mean.” Wendy shook her head once more. “There are a lot of elite people lining up just to get your attention but you’re going for someone who came from an unknown clan?”

“And so? Oh hey, it’s this way.”

The two climbed up the stairs. People either greeted them or stared at them as they walked past them.

“Come on, Seulgi. You know what I am talking about. Stop acting dumb.” Wendy started scratching the back of her head. She started wondering about where they were going. Seulgi only asked to go for a walk but do they really have to enter a building just for a walk? She was about to ask Seulgi about it when a more important inquiry popped into her mind.

“But, Joohyun-sunbae? Bae Joohyun? She’s rumoured to bring bad luck to people she gets close with, right?”

“It’s all just rumours.” Seulgi nonchalantly answered.

“Yeah, I guess so. She was supposed to join a group quiz bee competition but her teammates mysteriously got into trouble during the day of the competition. One got diarrhoea while the other got a flat tire on the way to the venue. Her best friend got into an accident at the beginning of the semester and is still in the hospital now. The people she gets to work with in a school project gets into unexpected troubles as well and most importantly her—”

“Enough, enough. I don’t care about all of those things. Even if she's a bad luck magnet that won’t change how I feel for her.” The taller girl let out a sigh. “If you don’t have anything else to say, just help me with thinking of ways on how I can make her believe that I am sincere about liking her. I've been telling her about this for a long time but she just won’t believe me. She still thinks I am pranking her.”

Seulgi then remembered the fate of the bouquet of flowers that she bought for Joohyun. The girl just looked at her and the bouquet back and forth but she didn’t accept it. What’s worse was she left her hanging, she didn’t give her any response and just fled the scene like she had seen a ghost. The other students started consoling her but she felt even more frustrated.

“I thought not holding back would make her believe me somehow but she ran away from me as if I had some transmittable disease.” Seulgi then turned to Wendy but she was surprised to see that the girl wasn’t walking beside her anymore. She looked back and saw her friend frozen in her tracks.

“Y-You’ve been confessing to her for how long?” Wendy asked, her voice was shaking.

“Hmmm…” Seulgi thought aloud, she even looked up as she tried to remember. “When was it again? I think during midterms last semester?”

“Last semester midterms!?” Wendy almost shouted.

“Do you really have to rumble my words?” Seulgi asked.

Wendy marched towards her and hit her on the shoulder. “You’ve been liking this girl for this long!? Why didn’t I notice anything!?”

Seulgi just laughed at her while rubbing her shoulder. “Because I want her to myself. As much as possible I don’t want other people to know about her until she finally looks at me the same way.”

“But I am your best friend, Seulgi!” Wendy wailed. “At least, you could’ve told me!”

“Then what? To have you tease me like this non stop?” Seulgi continued on her tracks. “I guess all that revelation somehow loosened up your throat, right? I hope you are ready.”

Wendy immediately caught up to her with her shoulders dropped low. She still couldn’t believe that her best friend couldn’t even trust her about her love lines. “What are you even talking about?”

Seulgi then stopped in front of a room, she gave Wendy a suspicious wide smile. “I need your help on something. Come with me.”

The taller girl opened the door and Wendy just walked in with her even though she didn’t read the label of the said room. She was dumbfounded by what she saw inside.

“Isn’t this the broadcasting room? What are we even doing here?” Wendy asked but Seulgi wasn’t able to answer her. The girl was already busy greeting the students who were currently having their daily 12:30 broadcast.

Wendy felt even more confused when they were escorted inside the booth and the DJ welcomed them warmly as if he was already expecting them to come. “What on earth is happening, Kang Seulgi?” She elbowed the other girl, her lips didn’t even open when she asked her that.

Seulgi just smiled at her like there’s nothing wrong. “Just go with the flow, best friend.” She then handed her a headset. “Here, use this.”

“Finally, finally! The guests that I have been talking about have already arrived!” The DJ went on with the flow of the program smoothly. “ Everyone, Business majors Kang Seulgi-ssi and Son Seungwan-ssi have joined us in the booth! Let’s welcome them with a round of applause~”

“UGH!” Joohyun almost choked to her lunch when she heard Seulgi’s name coming from the speakers installed all throughout the campus. She was eating alone at the field since she brings her own lunch to school. All heads immediately turned to her after hearing Seulgi’s name.

“Hello~ This is Kang Seulgi.” Seulgi’s voice suddenly came out of the speaker, making her spit the water that she was drinking. “I hope you all had a good lunch~ If you’re not done eating then please eat well~”

"Eat well!?" Joohyun aggressively wiped her face then glared at the speaker near her. “What is this girl doing in the broadcast!?”

“Also, I came with my best friend, Wendy Shon~ Come on, Wendy. Greet the listeners~”

Wendy just looked at her suspiciously before doing what she was told. “H-Hello listeners, Wendy Shon here.”

“So, Seulgi-ssi, I’ve heard from our manager that you contacted her with the desire to come to the program. What made you want to come here?” The DJ casually asked.

Seulgi gave the DJ her signature bear smile. “I am here to make a public announcement and I hope I get through this time.”

“Ohoho!” The DJ got even more excited. “Is this related to what happened earlier this morning?”

“Yes.” Seulgi simply answered.

Wendy’s eyes widened to the point that her eyeballs were almost bulging out. She couldn’t believe that Seulgi was really doing all of this just for that one girl. For all she knew, her best friend might be the popular type but she wasn’t really interested in romantic stuff. She never really paid attention to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter