Please

Everyday I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"NOT again."

Joohyun could only sigh at the sight of Kang Seulgi in the school entrance. That school week was one hell of a roller coaster ride for Joohyun. On Monday it was a radio broadcast serenade; Tuesday was a huge banner of confession with "Bae Joohyun-sunbae, I love you! From KSG 💘" written on it.

The said banner was hung from the rooftop of the Business building and covered a whole wall but it didn't even last half a day when Irene begged the management to remove it. On Wednesday, it was the weekly school news that was victimised. Seulgi appeared at the back of the field reporter while carrying a placard saying, "Joohyun-sunbae, why don't you believe me? I really love you~ 💟"

She was even caught tripping on her own foot on the said video. As she would always do, Joohyun tried to negotiate with the media team since the video was uploaded in their university's YT channel but the media team had to politely decline her request.

“This just shows how human our students are. Despite the pressure in studies, Kang Seulgi is proof that we still enjoy our lives.” are the exact same words of the head of the media team. Joohyun thought that it was ridiculous, a real normal human would! They just couldn’t delete it because it is garnering a lot of views and Seulgi is being turned into a meme all over their campus’ online cafe.

And now, Thursday, Kang Seulgi has another surprise for her. The girl was operating a coffee truck in front of the entrance. She was handing free coffee to other students and with her is her forever sidekick, Wendy Shon. And since those two are together, there’s a bigger crowd than usual.

“Joohyun-sunbae, would you like to drink coffee with me?” Joohyun monotonously read what was written on the banner of the truck. Her cheeks immediately turned red when she read what’s next. She couldn’t even read it outloud.

‘I love you.’

“Whatever.” She then lowered the ball cap that she was wearing to cover her face and continued walking. She tied her hair up and covered it with the said pink cap. She was also wearing a face mask so she can avoid the crowd with ease—

“Joohyun-sunbae!”

Or not.

Surprised that Kang Seulgi still managed to recognise her, Joohyun flinched when her name was called. She turned to Seulgi and her bright smile welcomed her as usual.

Joohyun watched how Seulgi ran out of the truck while almost slipping. The crowd was filled with excitement since the main reason for the coffee truck has arrived. Wendy just watched Seulgi hopelessly go all out.

“How did you even recognise me?” Joohyun couldn’t help but to ask.

Seulgi just laughed, “I just know that if there is someone who would ignore my coffee truck then it would be you and I am correct~ You tried to sneak in!”

The senior’s jaw dropped. She was lost for words.

"Here~" Seulgi cheerfully handed her a cup of iced americano. Joohyun was hesitant to receive it at first but the intense stare of the crowd pressured her to accept it. It felt like she would be assassinated if she didn’t receive the coffee given by non-other than the legend(ary meme) herself, Kang Seulgi.

Seulgi's face brightened when Joohyun accepted the coffee. "I heard that you like your coffee with a bit of sugar. I put one sugar stick, I hope that's enough."

"T-Thank you…"

Seulgi started to shoot rays of light when Joohyun thanked her for it. She turned to Wendy to give her a thumbs up, obviously asking if she saw what just happened and yeah, definitely bragging about Joohyun thanking her.

Wendy, on the other hand, couldn't deny it. She was actually surprised that Jooohyun talked to Seulgi when she heard that the said senior went to beg just for the confession tarpaulin to be removed.

"I-I… I need to go." Joohyun immediately excused herself but Seulgi stopped her with just one call.

"Joohyun-sunbae!" Seulgi called, making the students feel like they were watching a drama of some sort. And then, with a voice full of hope, Seulgi said, "I'll be waiting for tomorrow."

To which Joohyun answered, "I-I can give it to you now.", making the crowd even more excited.

Seulgi felt her heart start pumping like crazy, she readied herself but Wendy didn't feel really good at all. She immediately grabbed a coffee holder, tore it up and wrote on it. She then sneakily waves it for Joohyun to see.

Joohyun was quick to notice it, her eyebrows furrowed a bit just to read it. She looked around and let out a sigh, "B-But I guess it can wait until tomorrow, right?"

Seulgi's fist loosened up as she was breathing. She didn't really care about getting the answer now. She actually thought that it would be better.

"Alright, see you tomorrow then." Seulgi answered as she forced a smile. It's evident that she felt disappointed. Joohyun then saw Wendy aggressively tearing the cup holder into smaller pieces and threw it in the trash can.

Joohyun gave a nod to Seulgi and went on her way walk-running. She could hear Seulgi cheering her up and hoping for her to have a good time at class and again, those dreaded words...

"I love you, Sunbae~"

Joohyun frantically shook her head to remove all unwanted ideas that kept on trying to enter her mind. She then remembered what Wendy wrote on the cup holder.

"Not now... Lunch... let's talk." Joohyun could only sigh on how her life turned into. "Those two are really giving me hard times."

 

 

 

 

LUNCH time came and Joohyun sneaked out to eat at the café where she is working. It's just near the school and is very convenient for her since she can go straight to her shift after her class finishes. She thought she was already safe from Son Seungwan but then she was shocked to see the girl already standing in front of the café waiting for her. She immediately looked around and thankfully, there's no Kang Seulgi around.

"How did you know that I will be here?" Joohyun asked which made Wendy flinch.

"Sunbae, that's now how you greet people! You surprised me!" Wendy complained together with her excessive body movements.

"S-Sorry…" Joohyun apologised. The café is looking a bit busy because of the students and being seen with Wendy won't help her at all. "Let's eat at the staff room."

Wendy just shrugged her shoulders and followed Joohyun. There's no need to ask about the reason because it was obvious.

"Anyway, Joohyun-sunbae, about your question earlier. I heard that you are working here so I thought that you would be coming here."

"And to whom did you hear it?" Joohyun asked as she opened the backdoor.

"You know already, right? Of course it was Seulgi who told me about it."

"I see."

The two entered the empty staff room. Since it's a busy time, all the workers were outside serving guests. "Please take a seat, I'll just get something for you to eat---"

"I-It's okay, Sunbae. I will be leaving right away anyway. If Seulgi finds out that I talked to you then she might misunderstand things."

Well, she told her the truth but she was actually more afraid that Joohyun's unlucky curse might get rubbed on her. She couldn't stay with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter