I Promise

Everyday I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   

THERE are many prominent clans in Korea and each of them has distinct characteristics. One of the biggest examples of this is the Ahn Clan, the current most powerful among the clans, which is well-known for being perfectionists—narcissists at some point. It might turn negative at some point but the Ahn Clan is the very icon of hardwork as they do their best to get their desired perfection. They don’t settle for less and they are always filled with dreams.

Next is the Kang Clan who embodies competency. They tend to compare themselves and compete with the other clans. Their blood boils for the adrenaline a competition gives. Most of the time, their competency isn’t healthy at all since their children are brought up being compared to each other, often getting belittled in front of others. But for the Kangs, it is the best way to push a child to reach their full capacity. It might sound hideous but the Kangs have produced a lot of prominent people, most of them are politicians and business people.

Of course, who would forget about the Baeks? They were originally the strongest clan and once the pride of Korea. They are the very picture of authority as they had royal blood running in their veins. If not because of one old tradition they would never face their downfall.

There are many more clans out there but while most of them are more into power, money, honour and fame, one clan stands out for being the complete opposite—the Baes. They are the embodiment of humbleness, loyalty and love. Oh, the Baes are on another level when it comes to falling in love!

But what if their virtues get mixed? Like an Ahn and a Bae having a child? How will that child be raised up?

Ladies and gentlemen, that’s how the heavens made Bae Joohyun—with a father who is crazy in love from the Bae clan and a mother that’s a widely-known perfectionist, the heavens came up with a walking red flag.

“Joohyun-unnie~ Seulgi-unnie has arrived~” Jimin sang when Seulgi entered the cafe. Seulgi just gave Jimin her signature wide smile before going to where Joohyun is.

The girl was on the second floor and immediately halted whatever she was doing to wave at Seulgi. The bear in love hurriedly went to the second floor only to be surprised that Joohyun was actually with someone—Kim Yerim.

“Oh, Yerim-ssi?” Seulgi greeted as she moved towards them. Joohyun pulled a seat for her and she thanked the girl before sitting. “I didn’t know that you’re here. Nice seeing you again.”

“It doesn’t look that way though.” Yerim suddenly spat, which surprised Seulgi. The taller girl then started feeling her own face.

“D-Does it show so much?” Seulgi innocently asked, making the other two laugh.

“I like your honesty, Seulgi-unnie~ Sorry for disturbing your dinner time with Joohyun-unnie.” Yerim’s shoulder dropped. “It’s just really boring at home. I only have Joohyun-unnie to hang out with.”

Seulgi gave Yerim an assuring smile. “There’s no need to worry about it, Yerim-ssi. Sunbae and I have a lot of time to be alone at home.”

Joohyun then smacked her by the shoulder, there was a tint of blush on her cheeks. “What are you even talking about, Kang Seulgi?”

The two shared a laugh while Yerim just meaningfully looked at them, observing each of their movements. A sneer was then seen on her face.

“You two are really funny.” Yerim commented which made the two look back at her. “Won’t you just act in accordance with your label?”

The smile on Seulgi’s face quickly disappeared but Joohyun doesn’t seem affected at all.

“What’s wrong about acting like this?” Joohyun asked with a smile while taking out the food boxes that she prepared for the two. “What’s wrong with acting in accordance with your feelings?”

“Heee~” Yerim leaned forward, her stare still jumping back and forth between the two. “Are you guys okay with this? What’s wrong with giving your relationship a label? It’s obvious that you both like each other anyway.”

Seulgi has the same question in her mind. Joohyun did admit that she has feelings for her at the very least. Why can’t they just proceed to proper dating? What’s making her not date her? Was it because she’s a Kang? Was it because of the possible heartbreaks that Seulgi’s family name could bring that Joohyun is playing safe?

“Come on, Yerim-ah…” This time, fatigue actually showed in Joohyun’s words. “Let’s stop talking about this stuff, okay?”

“Y-Yeah!” Seulgi tried to clear the heavy atmosphere. “Let’s eat, Yerim-ssi. Sunbae’s cooking is really delicious~”

“I know~” Yerim confidently answered while looking at her share. “She used to cook food for my brother and my annoying brother loved bragging about his girlfriend’s cooking way back then.”

Joohyun froze. Her hold to her chopsticks tightened. Seulgi had to gulp.

“S-Sunbae—”

“Come on, Joohyun-unnie! It’s all in the past now~” Yerim gave Joohyun a playful push in the shoulder. “There’s no need to feel awkward, I know that silly brother of mine will be happy to see you actually making steps to move on now~ My point is, why not make it offi—”

“Yerimie…”

Seulgi stiffened at that call from Joohyun. ‘Sunbae’s low register is really scary at times…’

“Unnie?” Yerim responded, acting innocently.

Joohyun let out a sigh and just started with her food. “I don’t have much time. Let’s just eat.”

“Okay~” Yerim cheerfully answered as if she did nothing to spoil the mood. Seulgi tried to salvage the atmosphere and she kind of succeeded on it since Yerim responded to her really well. They talked about random things while eating but Joohyun’s mood was definitely off already.

When they finished eating, Seulgi excused herself because she wanted to go to the school library. She has to prepare for the upcoming midterms. She’s sure that she would be called to the mansion for some good scolding if she somehow failed a subject.

Joohyun cheered her for her studies and gave her some mini desserts that she could eat while studying. Seulgi felt even more energised to study with that sweetness from her…

‘Friend? Sunbae? Definitely not girlfriend, right?’ Seulgi’s shoulders dropped. ‘Why am I being like this? I already agreed to it… Why am I acting like this?’

“Hey.”

Seulgi isn’t the type that gets surprised easily but it’s a different topic if she gets struck by her side. It’s her most ticklish body part in the first place. With a shriek, she almost dropped her phone when she got tickled. She turned around with her taekwondo fighting pose only to see the attacker laughing her heart out.

“Y-Yerim-ssi?”

Yerim tried to hold her laughter but failed miserably. “You’re that willing to hit someone for tickling you? Don’t beat me up, I still can’t walk well.”

Seulgi cleared as she fixed her posture. “You scared me…”

“I did?” Yerim chuckled.

Seulgi pressed her lips together. “My classmates used to harass me like this because I am so ticklish. You brought back bad memories.”

“Sorry about that, Seulgi-unnie~ Expect me to do that again~” Yerim mischievously said.

“Yerim-ssi…” Seulgi whined.

“Anyway…” The younger girl finally finished laughing. “Do you have some time?”

The taller girl’s eyebrows shot up. “Hm? Is there something you need?”

“You’re going to study, right?” Yerim asked with a meaningful smile. “Do you want to study about Bae Joohyun?”

 

 

 

 

KNOWING that it won’t be best for her to be seen all along with another girl, Seulgi brought Yerim out for a drive. They were both full anyway so she didn’t invite her to eat or anything. They’ll just go around the area while talking. That would be the best.

Yerim agreed to it since she’s been stuck in the hospital for so long. She wanted to see scenery for a change. Seulgi knew well that studying is important but she just can’t miss the chance to know things about Joohyun. She hopes that Yerim would somehow enlighten her about their current situation.

“I can’t believe you actually agreed with this.” Yerim commented, her eyes on the road. “You didn’t even think twice.”

Seulgi smiled. “I’d be a huge hypocrite if I chose studying over this.”

“Right, right.” Yerim nodded. “Aren’t you afraid that Joohyun-unnie would be angry with this? Getting information about her from others.”

Seulgi fell silent for a moment. She started talking again after she turned to an intersection. “I’ve been living with Sunbae for months now. I’ve seen her attitude towards me change in a very drastic way and until now I am really dumbfounded whenever I think about it.”

Yerim just nodded and continued listening.

“She was pushing me away for one moment but now she’s pulling me without showing any sign of letting me go but then she says we’re not in a romantic relationship at all. I’ll be lying if I say I am not confused with her actions.”

“Just to be clear, Joohyun-unnie isn’t after your money.”

Seulgi laughed with that statement. “I know that very well. Sunbae never looked at my parents’ money. I can also feel that she genuinely cares for me. I’ve met a lot of people who used me for money. I know one when I meet one.”

“Ohh~~” Yerim’s eyebrows went up and down. “Did Young Mistress get used so much?”

Seulgi felt her skin crawling. “Please don’t call me like that… It’s cringey.”

Yerim cackled at Seulgi’s reaction. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter