Joohyun

Everyday I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-Prologue-

 

KNOWING that she shouldn’t be there, Joohyun immediately backed away—or not! Yes, she’s well-aware that she has to leave right away but her feet just won’t move any further. She just stood there, hoping that she wouldn’t be noticed, listening to the conversation of the two girls.

One of the two was Kang Seulgi, a very well-known sophomore in their major. She isn’t only an outstanding student but she excels almost in everything. She’s good at physical sports as she’s seen playing with the basketball team from time to time. She’s also good in music and arts, she often uploads her artworks even her song covers in her sns and her followers really like it. On top of all of it, she belongs to the Kang Clan, one of the most powerful clans in the country at the present time.

It’s no wonder that she’s popular. It’s a no-brainer. She’s one of the most sought-after solos in their school, more popular to the female crowd than the male. She’s majoring in business but it seems like she’s living the life of a celebrity. And that popularity is being proven once again as she is being cornered in another confession.

‘Isn’t that the popular foreign student?’ Joohyun asked herself when she took a peek at the other girl. ‘Kang Seulgi’s popularity isn’t just for Koreans, I guess.’

Joohyun continued to eavesdrop, fidgeting with her fingers while she looked up at the evening sky. It happens everytime. It felt like she got cursed on witnessing every confession Kang Seulgi receives every time. It just goes like that and she doesn’t even know why.

She could smell a faint smell of cigarette. It seemed like some people from their major came out to smoke. Letting out a deep sigh, Joohyun decided that she should get back and quit with the eavesdropping.

‘All of this doesn’t concern me.’ Is what she kept telling herself. She just came out to use the restroom that’s outside of the restaurant. Why does she even have to witness things like this again and again?

Just when she was about to go, the said foreign student came past her, bumping on her shoulder along the way. Immediately recognising her, the said student bowed her head to apologise.

“I’m sorry, Sunbae-nim! I wasn’t looking on my way!”

‘Oh…’ Joohyun’s lips formed an o without her noticing it. Just by looking at the girl’s face, she already knew how that confession concluded. ‘She got rejected.’

“It’s okay. Don’t worry.” She gave her a smile as she sent her away.

‘Another rejection, huh?’

“Oh, Joohyun-sunbae?”

Joohyun felt her skin crawl at such a speed that she actually felt like she was electrocuted for a split second. She knew well who the owner of that voice was.

She slowly turned to her back and saw Kang Seulgi smiling at her as if she just didn’t reject a love confession. The lady was smiling at her as if she was really happy to see her.

“Just as expected, I’ll be seeing you when someone confesses to me.” Seulgi joked as her eye smile slowly fades away. “I wish I could receive a confession everyday so I can see you more often.”

Joohyun just looked at her with a poker face before finally ignoring her. The girl started walking back to the restaurant but Seulgi managed to stop her using just one sentence.

 

“Joohyun-sunbae, I love you.”

 

Flustered, Joohyun took one look at Kang Seulgi who was just softly smiling at her. That smile of hers doesn’t have any hint that she’s joking at all. But hey, who is she trying to fool? As if it’s the first time that this popular girl told her that she loves her?

“Are you still not giving me an answer?” Seulgi asked, her eyes seemed like they were pleading but her smile was trying to make her look more confident.

The senior balled her fists and started walking away. She didn’t give her an answer just like always. How many times has she told her she loved her anyway?

Whenever Seulgi gets the chance she would tell her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter