I'll Stay

Everyday I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     

WENDY couldn’t believe her very eyes. She has been looking at her bestfriend Seulgi for a while now but she still couldn’t accept the fact that she’s actually there studying for exams. Seulgi even dragged her to study with her for the upcoming midterms. She knew well how Seulgi hates hitting the books up but here she is trying to get everything into her brain like her life depends on it.

“I really can’t believe this is happening.” Wendy sighed, her head resting at the back of her hand. “Do you really want to go back to the mansion desperately that you are studying like you’re going for a scholarship?”

“Huh?” Seulgi turned to her with a disgusted face. “Who said I want to go back to that house? I love my life with Joohyun-sunbae now.”

Wendy’s face slipped from her hand. “Yes, yes… Life with that Sunbae, huh?” The girl shook her head as she lazily pulled a random book near her.

“Yes!” Seulgi proudly said with her chest puffed. “I don’t want to go back to that house and I am glad I am not being called back!”

Wendy rolled her eyes and randomly opened the book. “Then why are you studying like this? I know how you hate the system of education. You never liked being ranked and being compared to others and that’s the very reason why Uncle thinks you’re defective. You’re not acting like a Kang…”

Seulgi stared at her friend with those lazy eyes. “You’re lucky you’re my best friend, Wendy. You somehow have the excuse not to be kicked right now.”

“Are you going to use the taekwondo skills you recently learned?” Wendy scoffed back.

Seulgi also rolled her eyes before covering her face with the book she’s reading. Wendy on the other hand started yawning just after minutes of facing the book.

“Hey, Wendy.” Seulgi suddenly called.

“Yeah? Just in time to keep me from dozing off.” The said girl then closed the book before trying to reach for her phone. She stopped midway when she remembered her deal she made with Seulgi a while ago–whoever picks their phone first will be buying lunch for the whole week.

“Do you know anything that I am good at?” Seulgi seriously asked, her eyes now on Wendy.

“Something you’re good at?” Wendy asked with a raised eyebrow. “There’s actually a lot but certainly not studying. Why did you ask?”

“Right…” Seulgi sighed. “There’s actually a lot I am good at. How am I supposed to know?”

“What are you even talking about?” Wendy asked as she slid to the desk with arms stretched forward.

Seulgi pressed her lips together. She wanted to tell Wendy about it but she knew well that the other girl would just laugh at her and most probably tell her that she completely went crazy.

The night when she visited the fortune teller, Seulgi quickly explained the situation to the said woman.

The woman just smiled at her and said, “You already have the answer.”

Of course Seulgi asked her to explain it clearly but the fortune teller enigmatically answered, “The curse is given to a girl called Joohyun, right? Then you know well what to do. It’s something you’re really good at.”

Seulgi looked down while scratching her head, “Something, I am really good at? But there’s a lot—“

Seulgi felt her skin crawl when the lady in front of her just a while ago was nowhere to be found in just a few seconds of her bowing her head. (The lady just actually jumped on the nearby huge trash bin and hid herself just to play with Seulgi. She stank after that but she thought it was worth it.)

Brushing her hair with her fingers, Seulgi let out another sigh. ‘Something that I am good at can actually break the curse… What on earth is it?’

“Nevermind.” She told Wendy. “I really have to get good grades so I can take Sunbae on a date.”

“Oh.” Wendy moved her head to look at Seulgi. “You guys already dating?”

Seulgi stayed silent, making Wendy confused.

“Is that silence equivalent to a yes? Your face doesn’t seem like it is though.” Wendy pulled another book but this time, she only used it as a pillow.

“I don’t know… I hope I can say we are dating but…”

“But?” Wendy’s curiosity was piqued.

Seulgi puffed her cheeks. “It’s a bit complicated.”

Wendy stared at her friend for a while. She had a lot of things to say but she chose to just shut . It may be a bit complicated, somehow a little toxic, but if it can drive Seulgi to study then it may not be completely bad.

“How I wish I also had an inspiration to study.” Wendy shoved her face on the book. “I can’t focus on revising when I know I will just remember everything that the professor taught while answering the test.”

“Are you making fun of me?” Seulgi pouted which earned her a laugh from Wendy.

“I can’t help it that I have good learning DNA.” Wendy proudly said, pertaining to how the Son clan is top-tier when it comes to research and studies.

“Good for you.” Seulgi’s shoulders dropped. “I think I really am adopted for not having that competitive gene of the Kangs.”

“Stupid.” Wendy snorted. “You look exactly like your father. Your birth was documented and you were on surveillance to make sure you won’t be swapped. There’s no way you’re not a real Kang. Let’s say you’re just… different.”

“I thought you were going to say the word again.” Seulgi sighed. “Anyway, Wendy… Please tutor me. I want to get good grades so Sunbae will praise me~”

‘Study to be praised by parents, NO. Study to be praised by your crush, YES.’ Wendy pulled herself back and grabbed the book Seulgi was studying. “So, the actual reason you dragged me here was to actually have me as you tutor, huh? Why didn’t you just call that Sunbae of yours?”

Seulgi moved her seat closer to Wendy. She quickly grabbed her notebook and paper to jot down whatever Wendy will teach her. Aside from being a good learner, the Sons are also good at teaching.

“Joohyun-sunbae is busy managing the cafe. Her thesis is also based on her work experience in the cafe. Also, I won’t be able to focus if Sunbae is the one who’s going to teach me.”

“Makes sense.” Wendy smirked. “You might even flunk your subjects.”

Seulgi just laughed knowing that it might really happen. Her father would surely step in again to do some tweaking and she would surely be beaten in the taekwondo mat again.

“Anyway, before we start.” Wendy also grabbed a pen for herself. “You said that Joohyun-sunbae is actually the one managing the cafe, right? Is she also the owner by any chance?”

“Ohh…”

Judging Seulgi’s reaction, Wendy realised that she shouldn’t have asked about that. Now the girl would really have a hard time focusing.

“I haven’t asked her about that.” Seulgi started scratching the back of her head. “I mean I’ve been curious but I always forget to ask it. She’s really giving her all to the cafe but she can also not go to work if she wants to. I guess that just means she’s really a big person for the cafe.”

Seulgi then smiled out of nowhere, sending goosebumps to Wendy.

“I really like to watch her when she’s working. She’s more beautiful—”

“Okay, okay… Let’s start studying first.” Wendy started tapping the book in front of them. “I still have things to do after this. Let’s get this done quickly.”

Wendy proceeded to tutoring but she couldn’t help but to be bothered. If Bae Joohyun is actually a cafe owner, why would she stay in a one room? The cafe also earns well because it’s near the school. She could’ve gotten a better place to stay if she wanted to.

“And here I thought she was poor all along.” Wendy mumbled to herself.

“Are you saying something?” Seulgi asked, she was focusing on answering the book’s chapter test.

“Nothing. Just hurry up and finish that. You still have to pick your Joohyun-sunbae from work, right?”

Seulgi’s eyes sparkled. “That’s right! I really have to get this done real quick!”

The taller girl faced her book again with a smile on her face. Wendy could only sigh at that look on her friend’s face. Her eyes narrowed.

‘There’s no way Seulgi doesn’t know the real background of Bae Joohyun. She did say that she stalked her SNS before. She’s obviously playing dumb.’

The smaller girl started scribbling on her notes.

‘Used to be a band singer, was taking up two majors at the same time, running a two-storey cafe at a young age. Bae Joohyun… Bae Joohyun… I don’t remember meeting a Bae Joohyun from clan gatherings before though. Who are you for real?’

 

 

 

 

“JOOHYUN-AH. You should never let people use you.”

Young Joohyun looked at the woman in front of her with deep admiration. She listened well to everything that she said. She made sure that she got everything that she was telling her and was able to memorise them all.

“Remember, people with ill intentions will use you. You’re an Ahn. You always have to be sure of what their intentions are for you.”

The woman then softly caressed Joohyun’s hair. She hugged her bunny plushie tightly but her eyes were fixed on the striking woman in an office suit.

“You should always make sure what kind of relationship you have with someone. If you don’t make it clear to that person and to everyone around you, you will surely be the one to get hurt in the process. If you don’t put labels on things, you might put salt into your coffee.”

“But I don’t even drink coffee yet, Omma.” The innocent girl answered.

The lady just smiled at her innocence and gave her a gentle pinch on her cheeks. “Just remember what I tell you, my dear. It will save you from heartaches.”

“I understand, Omma.” Joohyun answered even though she didn't fully understand everything.

“Good girl.” The lady said with a warm smile. “You may be carrying the surname Bae but you still have the Ahn blood in you. You should know how to put things under your control.”

“Under my control?” Joohyun repeated.

“Yes, dear. Under your control.”

Everything suddenly got distorted, things around Joohyun started melting. The woman in front of her got her face blurred but she was still utter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter