(Episode 1) Chapter 3

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- September 30, 2018, 3:30 PM --

-- K's Vacation House --

"Lee Kwangsoo, that punk." Jaesuk finally said as he turned the car left and started going up the hill that would take them to the house.

"Wait a second. What is this?" Jaesuk asked as he saw that the area had been closed off and police were everywhere.

"Why are the police here? My goodness." Minyoung asked.

"What is going on?" The others asked as well. Jaesuk parked beside a police car and everyone got out.

"Did something happen?" Jaesuk asked one of the policemen who was guarding the front of the house.

-- Meanwhile with Sunmi --

She stood up as Minjae exited the bedroom K was found in.

"Is there any clue as to who could have done this?" She asked him.

"To be honest with you, we have nothing solid yet. For right now, because of the fact that you were staying in the house, I'd like you to know that you are one of the primary suspects of the investigation. You've been half-cleared as none of the evidence we found points to you. However, we need to confirm your alibi. You said you went out last night from 10:30 PM to 02:00 AM, where were you?" Minjae asked her.

Sunmi knew that she had no choice but to tell the truth.

"I was at my parents house." She answered as Minjae wrote the information in his notebook.

"And what are your parents' names?" Minjae asked again.

"Lee Junho and Park Shinae." At her words, Minjae's eyes widened in disbelief.

"You're Deputy Chief Lee's daughter?" He asked her and she nodded.

"I'm adopted and it's not public knowledge that I'm part of his family so I would appreciate it if you keep the spread of this knowledge to a minimum." Sunmi requested and Minjae nodded.

"I understand. I will personally call him to confirm your alibi so no one else has to know apart from Detective Im." Minjae reassured her. He then left to tell Detective Im of the updates regarding the case as Sunmi sat back down again. A few moments later, she heard Minjae come back in while talking to someone.

"Don't touch evidence at the scene without my permission." He said as he led the detectives inside the house.

"Of course not." Jaesuk said, walking in behind him.

"Jaesuk-oppa!" Sunmi cried out as she saw the man enter behind Minjae.

"Sunmi-ah!" Jaesuk and the others cried out as Sunmi walked up to the group. The others either grabbed her hand or patted her on the shoulder.

"You know them, Miss Lee?" Minjae asked her and she nodded.

"These are the people I was supposed to meet earlier." Sunmi told him and Minjae left for a bit to make sure the scene was clear for the others to enter.

"Sunmi, when you weren't there at the site, I thought something happened to you." Jaesuk told her and Sunmi shook her head.

"It's even worse, oppa." Sunmi told him as Minjae came back.

"You guys can come in, now. Miss Lee, you can join us." He offered and she nodded as he handed her a pair of gloves.

"K!" Jaesuk cried out as he saw the dead body of the man. The other detectives came closer to take a look but Sunmi stayed back, not wanting to look at him in that state again.

"Do you know this man?" Minjae asked the newcomers.

"We know him. How did this happen to K?" Jaesuk asked him.

"You said you met him yesterday with Sunmi." Jaewook reminded Jaesuk.

"Sunmi and I were supposed to meet him today as well." Jaesuk answered.

"K was with him as well." Jongmin pointed to Jaesuk.

"When did he pass away?" Sejeong wondered.

"The estimated time of death is between 11:00 PM. and 01:00 AM." Minjae revealed.

"Between 11:00 PM and 01:00 AM?" Jongmin repeated.

"Yes." Minjae confirmed.

"That means he passed away after Sunmi and I left." Jaesuk shared.

"He must have been attacked in his sleep after meeting up with Jaesuk and Sunmi." Jaewook guessed.

"That's right." Jaesuk agreed.

"Was he found today?" Jaesuk asked him.

"Here is what we have so far. The victim is a 55-year-old man named Ahn Naesang. Seems to have been killed in his sleep. The crime was reported by Miss Lee, here, 21 years of age. Currently, she is only half cleared from being a suspect." Minjae shared.

"Why is she only half cleared?" Jaesuk asked.

"No evidence points to her but I have to confirm her alibi. That's why she's only half cleared." Minjae said, looking at Sunmi who was still standing far from K's dead body.

"Did you keep the sunflower and the knife as they were found?" Minyoung asked him.

"Yes, they were found like that." Minjae confirmed.

"Why a sunflower?" Jaesuk curiously asked.

"Well, we don't know anything for sure yet, but I believe this is the doing of The Flower Killer." Minjae shared.

"The Flower Killer?" The detectives asked.

"Come on." A voice suddenly called out and the detectives were surprised.

"Oh, my goodness." Jaesuk exclaimed.

"Jeez." The others muttered.

"Sergeant Kim, you are jumping to a conclusion. It's not The Flower Killer." The man said as he approached the group.

"He startled me." Jaewook muttered.

"When The Flower Killer strikes, he never uses a sharp weapon or leaves behind any wounds or blood. Thus, this wasn't done by The Flower Killer. Sergeant Kim, you always make hasty judgments. Take it slowly. Is it because you're trying to impress someone?" The man told Minjae.

"This is Lieutenant Yoon Jonghoon, who is a crime scene investigator." Minjae introduced the man. Ignoring his question.

"Who are you?" Jonghoon asked the group.

"Lieutenant Yoon. Who is The Flower Killer? Could you please tell us who that is?" Jaesuk asked.

"The Flower Killer is a notorious serial killer." Minjae started explaining/

"What?" The detectives were confused on who the suspected murderer was.

"He is an intelligent criminal who doesn't leave any fingerprints or evidence behind. Because of that, the police are still struggling to catch him." Minjae continued.

"A serial killer?" Jaesuk clarified.

"Yes." Minjae confirmed.

"Does he always leave a flower at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter