(Episode 1) Chapter 2

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- September 30, 2018, 10:30 AM --

-- K's Vacation House, Jangheung-myeon, Yangju-si, Gyeonggi-do --

Sunmi woke up later than she anticipated and got ready for the day. She was a bundle of nerves and excitement. Today was the day she would be meeting the rest of the team again and she didn't know how to react. After the meeting last night she decided to sleep in K's Vacation House so it would be nearer the Test Area.

Sunmi showered and got dressed before going downstairs, and started preparing her breakfast. After she finished, she was about to head off when she remembered that K stayed in the vacation house last night as well. They had agreed that the rest of the team would meet him after they finished with the test. She decided to stop by his room first to see if he was awake and let him know that she would be heading off now.

"K-nim? Are you awake?" She called out as she knocked on his door. She slowly opened the door and tiptoed in.

"K-nim, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be--" Sunmi started to say but was cut off when she saw that K was laying in bed with a knife in his chest.

"K-nim!" She cried out as she rushed over to his side. She tried feeling for a pulse and found none. K was already dead.

"Who would do this?" Sunmi cried out as she dialed 119.

"Hello, I need police and an ambulance at my location, please. My boss has been stabbed." She cried into the phone once an operator answered.

It wasn't long until police arrived to block off the area, although they had to wait a bit for the detective and the KCSI to arrive. Sunmi had forgotten all about what she was supposed to do today. She was more concerned with the fact that K, her Boss, and a father-like figure to her, was dead.

30 minutes passed since the police arrived to block off the area and the detective and KCSIs finally arrived. Sunmi was waiting in the living room, a blanket wrapped around her and tea on the table in front of her as she was still in a bit of shock from seeing K's dead body.

"Are you the one who called in the crime?" A middle-aged man asked as he entered the living room with some of the police who arrived earlier and two new men. Sunmi, still in a bit of a daze, stood up and bowed to him.

"Yes, sir, I am." She answered.

"I'm Detective Im Wonhee, I will be heading today's investigation. With me is Sergeant Kim Minjae and Lieutenant Yoon Jonghoon." Detective Im introduced the two men behind him.

"My name is Lee Sunmi." Sunmi introduced herself as well and the three shook her hands quickly.

"Please, take a seat." Detective Im told her and she did so.

"What can you tell us about today?" The detective asked her.

"Well, I don't actually live here but I stayed the night because of a task my boss wanted me to do. I woke up at around 10:30 AM today. I immediately got ready because I was supposed to drop by someplace else before meeting someone at another place at around 01:00 PM. I finished eating a late breakfast at around 11:30 AM." Sunmi started her explanation, trying to make it as specific as possible. Detective Im nodded at her to continue.

"I was about to leave when I remembered that my Boss, Ahn Naesang-nim, actually stayed the night as well as I was supposed to bring back my teammates to meet him after I met up with them; we're actually a team of private detectives. K-nim, or should I say, Naesang-nim was our Boss." Sunmi revealed.

"What happened next?" Minjae was the one who asked this time.

"Well, I wanted to let him know that I would be off to meet the rest of the team so I knocked on his door and called out. After a few moments of no response, I slowly opened the door to check on him, thinking that he was still asleep, and I found him with a knife in his chest. I checked his pulse but he was already dead. That's when I called 119." Sunmi narrated.

"Did you touch anything inside the room?" Jonghoon asked her and she shook her head no.

"What time did you go to sleep last night?" Minjae asked.

"After the late meeting, which finished at around 10:30 PM, I actually left the house and came back around 02:00 AM. I fell asleep around 02:30 AM. My room is on the second floor. My door was locked the whole time, though and I didn't hear any weird noises." Sunmi informed them. Minjae and Jonghoon stood up after that.

"Thank you for the information, Miss Lee. Please sit tight while we do our investigations." Detective Im told her and Sunmi nodded.

-- September 30, 2018, 01:30 PM --

-- In front of Building D-5508, Unknown Location --

Sejeong, Sehun and Jaewook were walking towards Building 5508.

"We're here. Building 5508." Sejeong said as she saw the building's entrance.

"It's this building." Jaewook agreed as he saw the sign on the side of the building.

"Why are the windows broken?" Sejeong wondered. The three of them walked towards the entrance with Jaewook in front when he suddenly stopped and cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter