(Episode 2) Extra 1

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 06, 2018, 10:00 AM --

-- Seoul Forest Trimage, Seongdong-gu, Seoul --

It was a Saturday and Sunmi was currently preparing to head out to meet Sejeong. After the case they worked on, they had gotten back to texting each other about their daily lives, it was as if Sunmi had not disappeared for almost a year, and she was very grateful about that fact. She had mentioned to Sejeong about the fact that she and Sehun had broken up but they didn't discuss it that seriously through text, hence the reason why today's meet-up was scheduled. It was a way for both girls to bond and catch up on the different things that they missed in the months apart. Today's plans involved brunch, shopping and a wind-down session at Sunmi's place. The said girl was about to head out and meet her friend when her phone started ringing. She looked at it and saw that it was her mother.

Eomma <3

She clicked on the answer button immediately.

"Hello, Eomma." Sunmi greeted her mother sweetly.

"Sunny, how are you?" Her mom asked.

"I've been doing good. What about you? Is there a problem at home?" Sunmi worriedly asked, curious as to why her mother called.

"No, everything is fine here at home. I just want to know if you're doing anything today?" Her mom asked.

"I actually have plans with Sejeong-unnie but if you need me, I can postpone them." Sunmi told her.

In the past few months, she had discussed the circumstances around her adoption with her parents. They had talked about it as a family and they understood her feelings and that she wanted to try and find out information about her birth parents and her birth family. Her dad actually volunteered to find the information for her but she didn't want people to question him about why he was trying to search for people so Sunmi told him she would do it herself. She had moved out but their relationship had not changed at all.

"I actually have a work emergency and your Appa is out of town until Monday. I was wondering if you could watch Sejun today. But if you're going out, I can just bring him to the office with Chunghee." Her mom told her.

"Eomma, I'll be happy to watch my baby brother and bring him out with me. I know you don't feel comfortable if you leave him with anyone other than me or Appa." Sunmi told her mother.

Around the same time she faked her death from her teammates, her mom had fallen pregnant. It came as a surprise to everyone because even before Sunmi came, conceiving a child had been hard for Junho and Shinae. To learn of a new addition had been a big surprise, but a welcome one nonetheless. Sejun was the apple of his parent's and noona's eyes. Sunmi took her role as big sister very seriously, almost to the point where other people thought she was Sejun's mom, which she denied; telling them that he was her little brother. She was very ecstatic that Sejun had come into their lives. She had experienced her parents' love as a lone child for 11 years and she was happy that Sejun was getting the same love and more. Nothing changed in the way they treated Sunmi, and she would be forever grateful to them.

"Are you sure?" Her mom asked her again and Sunmi told her yes, it wasn't like she was trying to hide her brother from her friends. She was sure Sejeong wouldn't mind having Sejun with them.

"Yes, I'm actually heading out now so I'll be there in around 15 minutes. I'll see you, Eomma." Sunmi told her mom.

"Thank you, Sunny. I'll see you soon." Her mom said before she ended the call.

Sunmi then proceeded to grab Sejun's stroller and baby bag, making sure everything she needed was there before she left for her parent's house.

-- October 06, 2018, 11:00 AM --

-- Lotte Department Store, Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul --

Sejeong sat in the restaurant that she and Sunmi agreed on meeting in, a brooding Sehun beside her. She had forced him to come out with her today with her friend and they had been sitting in the food court for around 30 minutes with the said friend still nowhere in sight. Sehun looked at his watch once more and let out a sigh.

"When is your friend coming? She's late." Sehun told her in a bored tone.

"Hyung, just wait, she told me that she's a few minutes behind schedule as she had to stop somewhere. Don't be like a grumpy old man." Sejeong .

"I'm not grumpy. I'm hungry. There's a difference." Sehun told her.

Sejeong was about to retort when her eyes caught someone walking. She looked away from Sehun and towards Sunmi, standing to wave at her friend. She stopped though when she saw what Sunmi was pushing along with her. Sehun wondered why Sejeong had looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter