(Episode 3) Chapter 12

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 22, 2018, 09:30 AM --

-- Pink Butter Cafe, Songyok-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul --

Jaesuk had called the team to meet up after a few weeks of not seeing each other. They were all currently gathered in a cafe in Jongno-gu.

"The last case ended really weirdly." Jaesuk declared and everyone agreed.

"I know. Lee Yujin said he didn't kill Jung Jaeyeong. Then he got arrested." Minyoung started saying.

"I know." Jaesuk agreed.

"We needed to hear more. He got arrested at that moment." Minyoung faced Sunmi and Sejeong.

"Seriously. For goodness' sake." Sejeong agreed and Sunmi nodded.

"There is another problem." Sunmi said as she looked at everyone gathered.

"What is it?" Jaesuk asked and Sunmi looked at Sejeong to explain.

"In order to fill Kwangsoo-hyung's position, we published a recruitment advertisement." Sejeong shared with everyone.

"Gosh, thinking about Kwangsoo makes me angry." Jaesuk reacted.

"Not a single person applied." Sunmi finished what Sejeong was saying with a laugh at the end.

"Why?" The others asked.

"I don't know. Look at this." Sunmi said as she pulled out her phone and opened up the ad before showing it to the other members, Sejeong doing the same.

"What? We don't care about job experiences or ." Jaewook said as he read what was written on the ad.

."The terms are the best. It's very convenient. There were zero applicants." He finished saying as he got to the end of the ad.

"Usually at least a few people apply for this job. I can't believe no one did." Jaesuk stated.

"We must do the legwork." Sejeong suggested and pulled out the flyers she had made and printed out with Sunmi's help.

"What should we do?" Jaesuk asked her.

"Let's hand out flyers to find someone suitable. I mean, Sunmi and I already started on some of them." Sejeong shared her idea.

"Shall we put up these flyers?" Minyoung asked.

"No one is applying." Sejeong explained to her.

"I hope we get someone smart." Jongmin said.

"Excuse me?" Jaesuk asked him.

"Someone smart." Jongmin repeated.

"I know." Sunmi said as she nodded in agreement.

"It would be nice to get someone handsome." Sejeong wished, which made Jongmin and Jaesuk laugh out loud.

Sunmi was just nodding along and sent Sejeong a thumbs up which Minyoung caught. She secretly gestured to Sehun with her head and Sunmi shook her head at what she was trying to ask. Luckily, Minyoung didn't pry anymore. They were talking about other things when all of a sudden, someone carrying a box entered the room.

"We have a package." Sehun pointed out to the others.

"Hello. Is this the detectives' office?" The man asked the group of 7 people gathered.

"Yes, it is." Jaesuk answered him and the delivery guy handed over the box to Jaesuk.

"Thank you." The detectives thanked him before he left and Sunmi stood up to see him off, climbing the stairs with him and handing him money as a tip. Once she got back down, Jaesuk was reading something of a roll of papers.

"'At a literature competition, a series of tests took place and a scholar whose last name is Lee took first place. King Jungjong hung a plaque which praised him as a man of talent.'" Jaesuk read as Sunmi returned to her seat on the couch, this time in the end as Minyoung had taken over her place to be able to see the contents of what was sent to them.

"What is this place in the picture?" Jaesuk wondered as he looked through everything that was in the box. Sunmi was about to ask to take a closer look when another person entered the room.

"What?" Sunmi was the first one to notice him.

"What?" Jongmin exclaimed as he noticed the man coming down the stairs as well.

"Hello. Is this the detectives' office?" The man asked. Sunmi looked at the others' faces to see if anyone knew him and saw the big smile on Sejeong's face.

"Yes." Jaesuk answered the man.

"Sejeong, why do you look so happy?" Jongmin pointed out Sejeong's expression.

"He is my type. Finally, there is someone my type." Sejeong admitted with a happy smile which made Sunmi laugh.

"Did you visit because of this flyer?" Sejeong asked him, lifting the set of flyers on the table.

"How can we help you?" Jaesuk asked the man as he stood up from his seat.

"I'm not anyone suspicious." The man said.

"That's exactly the first thing someone suspicious would say." Sunmi pointed out and Sejeong hit her jokingly.

"I'm Yook Sungjae." The man finally introduced himself.

"Did you come here to become a detective?" Jaesuk questioned.

"Don't worry about my deduction skills. I don't pass over a single line." Sungjae bragged as he put his glasses on.

"It's not easy to join the team." Sejeong told him.

"Great timing. We just received a package. Why don't you figure out what it's about?" Jaesuk challenged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter