(Episode 2) Chapter 7

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 01, 2018, 12:45 PM --

-- Stephanie Lee's Office, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do --

-- Discovered C's Dead Body --

"In his room, someone left a message for C so that he could come here. That's why he came here." He started explaining but felt like he was missing something.

"Or, what if C really did write that message on the wall for Stephanie? However, someone came earlier than us and solved it as well so they knew where to find C and they killed him." Sunmi suggested.

"This is Stephanie Lee's office." Jaesuk stated.

"Right. Whoever killed C knew exactly whose office he was referring to." Sunmi stated.

"Does it mean she's not here?" Jaewook wondered.

"Judging from the situation, Stephanie Lee is the killer." Jaesuk derived.

"There is a high chance." Sehun agreed.

"She is a prime suspect." Jongmin added.

"He was stabbed in the same place as K." Sejeong pointed out.

"You are right." The others agreed. Minyoung bent down to take a closer look.

"The position of the knife and the method of killing are the same, but there is no flower." She noticed.

"I mean, the way he was killed..." Jaesuk started saying when Jongmin cried out.

"Wait." They all looked at what he was looking at, which was a woman heading their way.

"What?"

"My goodness." Some of the detectives were shocked.

"I really got scared." Sehun admitted.

"I jumped for real." Jaewook cried out as the woman was finally close enough to recognize the body.

"Kim Jeongtae-ssi!" She cried out as she bent down to look at the body closely.

"Excuse me. Stephanie Lee-ssi." Jaesuk tried catching the woman's attention.

"Why is Kim Jeongtae-ssi dead?" She asked the group.

"We just got here. Hold on." Jaesuk tried to explain.

"Did you kill this person?" Stephanie angrily said.

"It's not like that. We didn't kill him. We were looking for people who are associated with Kim Jeongtae-ssi and we heard about you from the hospital staff and the patients. We came in and found him dead." Jaesuk told her.

"He was already dead." Jongmin seconded.

"Why should I believe your words?" She retorted.

"Miss Stephanie, if you look at the body closely, Livor Mortis has already set in. I touched him earlier to check his pulse and he was a bit colder as well. Those things happen in a span of hours, not minutes. If you go down and check our car, the engine is still warm. We got here around 5 minutes ago." Sunmi defended.

"Wait, how do you know all that?" Jaesuk asked her while Stephanie looked at her before nodding.

"Let me check first." She said as she bent down once again to look at the body closely.

"Check? What do you mean?" Jongmin wondered.

"She is a crime scene investigator. She knows what to do." Jaesuk answered him.

"She is a professional." Minyoung added.

"The blood..." Jaesuk started saying.

"You're right. Lividity has progressed quite a bit." Stephanie commented.

"How much time passed?" Jongmin asked her.

"She means 'post mortem lividity,' not the actual time." Jaesuk whispered to her.

"Judging from the rigor mortis, he was killed about four or six hours ago." Stephanie declared.

"See? Like Sunmi said, we just got here." Jaesuk told her.

"It hasn't even been five minutes." Jongmin added.

"The truth is, since I didn't recognize your car parked in front of the office, I checked the temperature of the car bonnet. I could tell you got here less than 15 minutes ago." Stephanie revealed.

"Judging from the defense marks and other factors, the killer wasn't hostile toward Mr. Kim Jeongtae. Judging from the stab wound, this is a one-man crime." She continued to say before her serious expression finally lightened up.

"Okay, I believe that you didn't kill him." She told the group.

"Okay. It must be psychological." Jaesuk said with relief.

"I know." Jongmin agreed.

"I stood still for a second." Jaewook told Sehun with a small laugh.

"Is your Korean name Lee Yujin?" Minyoung asked her all of a sudden.

"Is it Lee Yujin?" Jaesuk repeated.

"No, my name is Stephanie." She answered.

"Aren't you Lee Yujin-ssi?" Jongmin clarified.

"I am sorry, but I must ask. Could it be that you killed him?" Jaesuk asked her.

"I just got back from a business trip. I brought my luggage. I will show you." She said as she turned to go back and get her luggage.

"Your locket?" Jongmin misheard.

"She said 'luggage, not 'locket'. I can't believe you." Jaesuk scolded him.

"Sejeong-ah. Check the time." Jongmin requested and Sejeong bent down to check the luggage tag.

"As you can see, I took a flight this morning." Stephanie explained as she showed them the tag.

"Is it true?" Jaesuk asked.

"Incheon, 10:00 AM." Jongmin read.

"She has a solid alibi, then." Sunmi stated.

"You knew that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter