(Episode 2) Chapter 8

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 01, 2018, 3:00 PM --

-- Tae Hangho's Address, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do --

"Let's go." Sehun said once they arrived at Hangho's address and he had finished parking the car.

"Where is Tae Hang-ho?" Jaesuk wondered as they walked out of the parking lot and into the building where they found a sign.

BAROQUE GENERAL STORE

The four slowly peeked inside to see a man watering his plants while talking to them.

"My dollars. My beautiful dollars. My 10,000 dollars. Gosh, the leaves are plentiful. I hope my wallet and hair become plentiful as well." The man was telling his plants. Sunmi poked Sejeong to greet him first.

"Hello." Sejeong called out and Sehun and Sunmi followed shortly behind.

"Welcome. I am a man who wanders the world, Tae Hangho." He introduced himself.

"It's him." Jaesuk whispered to the three youngsters.

"How may I help you?" Hangho asked them.

"Are you busy?" Jaesuk asked him.

"Yes, I am busy. I need to keep my dollars alive. How may I help you?" Hangho replied.

"By any chance, do you know a man named Kim Jeongtae?" Jaesuk asked him, getting straight to the point.

"Oh, you are asking me." Hangho said after a moment of silence.

"Yes." Sejeong answered him.

"This isn't good." The group heard him whisper to himself.

"You have business with me, right?" He asked in a louder tone this time.

"That's right. We have questions." Jaesuk told him.

"If you want to ask me questions, pay 10,000 dollars." Hangho told them.

" Excuse me?" Jaesuk clarified, hoping he heard it wrongly.

"Give me 10,000 dollars. Pay 10,000 dollars." Hangho repeated.

"Pay 10,000 dollars?" Jaesuk asked, confused as to why the amount was big.

"Gosh, you are a brazen man. You need to pay for what you want. That's how things work." Hangho explained to him.

"Even though we want information, 10,000 dollars is too much." Jaesuk stated.

"Give me that money. I will tell you anything." Hangho said.

"Hold on. We don't have much money right now." Jaesuk started saying.

"No? Then you should leave. If you don't have money, then leave. You're just beggars. Leave." Hangho shooed them away.

"How can you call us beggars?" Jaesuk asked, outraged.

"Well, do you have money?" Hangho asked back.

"Yes, but not 10,000 dollars." Sunmi answered.

"So, you don't." Hangho told her.

"How could you ask for 10,000 dollars? How could you ask that when we simply came in? I can't believe him." Jaesuk started his rant.

"It's okay to come in, but..." Hangho started saying but Jaesuk cut him off.

"It's been a while since I last met someone so ridiculous." Jaesuk continued to say.

"You can look around." Hangho told Jaesuk. Sehun tried to stop Jaesuk from getting angry.

"Don't stop him, let's see what he's got." Hangho told Sehun.

"A big build doesn't make you a good fighter." Jaesuk said as he charged forward to start a fight but Sehun held him back.

"Show me what makes a good fighter." Hangho replied as he charged forward as well.

"Don't stop me, Sehun. Jeez." Jaesuk said as Sunmi spun him around and told him to walk away and cool off for a bit.

"I don't know if this will work, but..." Sejeong started to say to Sehun and Sunmi.

"What?" Hangho asked.

"Opp... Oppa." At her words, Sehun and Sunmi turned back and started cringing.

"Ten thousand dollars. Ten thousand dollars." Hangho was not deterred by Sejeong's charm.

"Sejeong-ah." Jaesuk called out as Sunmi and Sehun laughed behind Sejeong.

"Twenty thousand dollars. I hate it." Hangho told Sejeong.

"What are you..." Jaesuk tried to stop Sejeong but she was already on a roll.

"What are you doing?" Hangho asked her as well.

"Don't be so stingy." Sejeong cutely said.

"What... I can't believe you." Jaesuk told her.

"What do you think you are doing?" Hangho asked Sejeong again.

"Well, that didn't work." Sejeong said as she returned to normal.

"We were mistaken." Sehun said with a laugh.

"That didn't work." Sunmi stated as she laughed as well.

"Sejeong-ah. Stay still. I will talk to him." Jaesuk told the girl.

"Who are you people anyway? Why are you here?" Hangho asked them.

"If you want to know, pay 10,000 dollars." Jaesuk retorted and the youngsters started laughing again.

"I don't want to know. Leave." Hangho replied.

"All right." Jaesuk said with a laugh.

"What a strange man!" Hangho commented.

"I'm offended. I can't believe he wants to bargain." Hangho stated out loud to himself.

"Jeez." The detectives commented.

"What's your name?" Hangho asked again.

"I am not supposed to tell." Jaesuk said in a serious tone.

"Then leave. I have nothing to lose here." Hangho ordered.

"You keep telling us to leave." Jaesuk commented.

"Oppa." Sejeong started up again.

"You should leave first. What is your problem?" Hangho told her.

"No, wait. Hyung-nim. We will do anything you want." Sejeong told him.

"Is there any way we can get information from you without paying money?" Jaesuk finally asked him.

"That's right." Sunmi seconded.

"Do you want to place a bet?" Hangho suggested.

"A bet?" The others repeated.

"A bet keeps me on my toes. There is nothing more fun. Do you want to place a bet? Do you have something you can bet?" Hangho said as he looked at each and every one of them.

"What should we bet?" Jaesuk asked the others and Hangho saw his watch.

"Oppa, let's bet your watch." Sunmi said with a happy laugh as she jumped up and down a bit and clapped like her hands quickly. As she did that, Hangho saw the silver chain around her neck, it looked more valuable than Jaesuk's watch. He approached the girl.

"Oh." He said as his hands made their way up to Sunmi's neck area. Sehun thought he was aiming for something else and grabbed his hand to stop him.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing? I know we said we would do anything but not that kind of thing." Jaesuk angrily said.

"What are you talking about? I was just going to take a look at her necklace." Hangho defended.

"This one?" Sunmi pulled the necklace out from behind her shirt and unclasped it, showing it to Hangho who looked at it with a magnifying glass.

"Even the ring on it is expensive." Hangho commented as Sunmi awkwardly looked at anyone but Sehun. He wasn't supposed to know she wore his ring on her necklace.

"The total of all these must be around 1,000 dollars. I see that you are well-off!" Hangho happily said.

"All right. Bet your necklace and that guy's watch. Let's make a bet." Hangho told her as he walked back to the table and Sunmi paled.

The necklace was important to her. She looked at Jaesuk and then back at the pendant. He immediately understood and didn't say anything. The other two however didn't know what the necklace meant and why she didn't want to lose it.

"Sunmi-ah." Sehun started saying.

"You trust us, right?" Sejeong finished. Sunmi looked at her teammates and it was silent for a while.

"I guess you don't want to do it. Leave then. You may leave." Hangho told them.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter