(Episode 3) Chapter 14

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 22, 2018, 02:20 PM --

-- Digital Pavilion, Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul --

"We're here." Sunmi said as she parked the car and they all got off. They saw a map of the place so they immediately went to where the pavilion was located.

"Is this the place?" Jongmin asked as they entered a space.

"Wow." Sunmi couldn't help but say as she saw the different gadgets in the pavilion.

"This place... VR..." Minyoung muttered as she looked around as well.

"Is there a sensor in here?" Sehun asked as he looked at the white wall with the words SENSOR on top of it.

"Sensor." Minyoung read the sign.

"The light might come out of that eye." Sunmi said, pointing to the eye across the white wall.

"'If the light reaches the sensor on the other side, the security guards will come.' We need to go that way and find it." Sehun read his notes from earlier and pointed to an open space with a lot of drones and toy cars that had green laser lights on them.

"Find what?" Jongmin asked him.

"The key for that lock." Sehun answered, pointing to the padlock that was visible from where they were standing.

"The key. There are keys scattered around this place, so let's collect them and check them all at once." Minyoung suggested.

"That's right." Jongmin and everyone else agreed.

"Sehun, Sunmi, and I will go." Minyoung stated and Sunmi started stretching just in case.

"We just need to get the keys, right?" Sehun clarified with the rest as he walked forward.

"I will stay here and cover the light. Good luck." Jongmin told them.

"We have to wear these for protection." Sunmi said as she handed the other two sunglasses that she found on a table.

"Okay. We will get going." Minyoung told Jongmin as they put their sunglasses on and entered the battlefield.

"See you guys later." Sunmi said as she immediately ducked down somewhere to avoid the cameras and lasers.

"My goodness." She heard Sehun call out as he and Minyoung ducked as well.

"Minyoung, Sehun, I can see you as clear as day." Jongmin warned the other two.

"Where do we need to go?" Sehun asked.

"Just look for small boxes or places where a key could be placed, oppa." Sunmi called out.

"There are so many things." Minyoung cried out.

"I can see you next to the tent. Minyoung, what are you doing?" Jongmin asked her. Around that time, Sunmi had already collected 1 key. She immediately ducked and hid behind a column when a toy car passed by. The three continued moving around and searching for as many keys as they could.

"The sensor began to move. Stick to the wall. Stick to the column. That's it. Hey, I can't see you. Minyoung, you are too visible. Behind you! Sehun, the light came on!" Jongmin was the one monitoring all three of them.

"What?" Sehun couldn't hear him properly.

"The light came on! It's hot here!" Jongmin repeated.

"Sehun-oppa, move away from there. Just bring the box and hide." Sunmi called out from behind a column.

"Minyoung, what are you doing? Minyoung, that's a good spot. I can't see you." Jongmin told her. At that moment, Minyoung decided to run in plain sight, activating the sensor once again.

"Hey, don't do that. Did you find the keys? Did you?" Jongmin asked the other three who had started making their way back.

"I am exhausted." Sehun commented as he reached the safe zone.

"Minyoung-ah, Sunmi-ah, did you find the keys?" Jongmin asked the two women. Minyoung was still running from across the room and Sunmi had just reached the column nearest to the safe zone. Both of them arrived at the same time.

"It will be one of them." Sehun said as he held out the keys he found.

"There's so much light now." Jongmin informed them.

"Shall we try the keys?" Sehun suggested and Sunmi handed over the two that she found to him.

"It's really hot." Jongmin said as Sunmi helped him cover the light.

"It's not the right key." Minyoung told Sehun as she tried out what she found.

"It should be this one. No, it can't be the right key. Sunmi, your keys are too small to be the right one as well." Sehun told her.

"We need to make another trip." Minyoung declared.

"Another trip?" Jongmin asked.

"Yes." Minyoung confirmed.

"Who's going?" Jongmin asked her.

"We need a moment to catch our breaths from all that rolling and running we did. Oppa, you should try to find it first and Sehun and Sunmi will catch up. I'll keep the light covered." Minyoung instructed. Jongmin got ready and began crawling his way out of the safe zone.

"Oppa, we can totally see you." Minyoung told him.

"Really?" Jongmin asked.

"It might be better to run." Sehun advised and Jongmin stood up and ran across the room to the red phone booth Minyoung was in earlier.

"I already went there." Minyoung reminded him. Jongmin exited the booth and crawled under a slide where he got stuck.

"I got trapped." He called out as Sehun and Sunmi got ready to search for more keys.

"I didn't check that area yet. Did you?" Sunmi asked Sehun as she pointed at one direction she had not yet been to. Sehun shook his head no.

"Let's head there. I'll look in one side, you look in the other." Sunmi suggested as both of them moved towards the area they talked about. Once they got there, Sunmi shifted through some bean bags and Sehun was looking through the things on the table.

"I found one." Sehun told Sunmi who went to him and looked at the key in his hands.

"I found one as well. It could be either of these." Sunmi suggested.

"Jongmin-hyung." Sehun called out to the older man.

"Yes?" Jongmin replied.

"We found it." Sehun shared as he raised the key so Jongmin and Minyoung could see it.

"Did you find it?" Minyoung clarified as Sehun and Sunmi made their way back, Jongmin still hiding in a corner.

"We found t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter