(Episode 3) Chapter 13

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 22, 2018, 10:40 AM --

-- Inside Changgyeonggung Palace, Waryong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul --

"This is the entrance. Gosh, this reminds me of a school trip. Look at how beautiful it is! Look." Jaesuk cried out as he gestured to the palace's entrance.

"Myeong Gate." Jongmin tried to read the sign that was written on the gate and Sunmi looked up at it.

MYEONGJEONG GATE

"It says Myeongjeong Gate, not Myeong Gate." Jaesuk told him with a laugh.

"To walk around aimlessly, this place is... It's too vast." Jaewook stated.

"Let's divide the pages among ourselves." Jaesuk said as he distributed the parchments to everyone.

"Does each page point to a certain place?" Jaewook asked.

"That's right." Jaesuk agreed as he finished handing them out.

"Two pages each." He told everyone.

"Okay." They agreed.

"We will take these two pages." Jaesuk told Minyoung.

"Each member should do his or her job properly." Jongmin said and everyone laughed at his words.

"Okay, Jongmin-oppa." Sunmi answered him, still laughing. They divided into the following teams:

1: Jaesuk, Minyoung, Sehun

2: Sungjae, Sejeong, Sunmi

3: Jaewook, Jongmin

"Shall we meet up here later?" Jaewook asked.

"Let's meet back here." Jaesuk agreed.

-- With Sungjae, Sejeong, and Sunmi --

"So, where do you guys want to go first?" Sunmi asked the older two, trailing behind them as she could see that Sejeong was really into him. Sejeong held out the clues so they could all read it.

"'A fire broke out during the night and engulfed the palace in flames. The reflection in the deumeu, a big bronze water basin.' I think it's here." Sungjae read from the parchment and pointed to the building in front of them.

"I think that's the bronze water basin the writing is referring to." Sejeong pointed to the basins on each side of the structure.

"That must be called deumeu." Sunmi added as they approached one.

"Deumeu!" Seungjae called out as he read the sign on the basin.

"It's a deumeu indeed." Sejeong exclaimed.

"The test is easier than I expected." Sungjae shared his thoughts.

"It's because we are the intelligent ones." Sejeong answered him.

"What do we do with it?" She then asked as they looked down at the deumeu in front of them.

"I think I have one of these at home." Sungjae commented.

"Since this is a deumeu, this must be the place in this writing." Sejeong pointed to the structure behind them.

"It's no fun to solve a puzzle so fast." Sungjae commented as he looked around.

"We haven't solved it yet, though." Sunmi told him.

"Hold on. What are we supposed to do here?" Sejeong called out to both of them.

"We need to find the floor plan." Sunmi reminded her.

"Oh, we need to find the floor plan." Sejeong repeated.

"The floor plan." Sungjae added.

"Yes. We need to find the floor plan." Sejeong confirmed.

"Is the floor plan hidden somewhere?" Sungjae asked as they looked around.

"Maybe in one of these deumeus?" Sunmi wondered.

"Let's go to the back." He suggested.

"The back? Shall we go?" Sejeong asked and the three of them walked towards the back of the building.

"Look, unnie, there's another one." Sunmi pointed to a smaller deumeu.

"''The reflection in the water...'" Sejeong recalled as the three looked down on the water-filled deumeu. She then grinned as she held out her hand for a high five to Sunmi first, then to Seungjae after.

"What? Did you find it?" Sungjae asked as he gave her a high five.

"We are not just plain detectives. See? This is what comes from experience." Sejeong bragged to him as she sifted through the leaves in the deumeu and found a red box inside.

"We don't know what's inside." Sungjae told the two girls.

"The floor plan must be inside." Sejeong guessed.

"Or something else that will lead us to the floor plan." Sunmi shared as Sejeong opened the box.

"What is this? What is this? What is this?" Sejeong wondered out loud as they looked at the spray found inside the box.

"Should we try to see if it reacts to the parchments?" Sunmi suggested and Sejeong immediately took it out and started spraying it on the parchment they had.

"Isn't it a face mist?" Sungjae asked.

"I think this is how it's used." Sejeong said, agreeing with Sunmi.

"This is..." Sungjae trailed off as he placed the spray closer to his nose to smell it before deciding to spray it in front of his face.

"What? Hold on." Sejeong said with a laugh, pulling it away from him.

"I think it's a face mist." Sungjae shared.

"There are a lot of places we need to search. Maybe this one is a fake? Or do we need to combine all the things we find in each place?" Sunmi asked them and they all looked at one another.

"Should we go to the second place now?" Sejeong asked and the other two agreed. They were walking towards their destination when they came across Jaesuk, Minyoung and Sehun.

"Did you find something?" Jaesuk called out to them.

"Jaesuk-hyung, we found something." Sejeong shared, holding out the spray container.

"What is that?" Jaesuk asked.

"It's a sort of mist spray." Sunmi answered.

"Where did you find it?" Jaesuk questioned.

"We found it inside a deumeu." Sejeong told him.

"That was quick. Who found it?" He asked again.

"Sunmi and I did, of course. We are the brains of the team." Sejeong cutely bragged as Sunmi and Minyoung laughed.

"See? This is what we do for a living." Jaesuk told Sungjae.

"Okay. I won't say much." Sungjae answered.

"Is it a mist spray?" Minyoung asked the three.

"We sprayed it on the paper, but nothing happened." Sejeong let them know.

"It's either a fake or we need to combine everything we find." Sunmi shared.

"Keep it safe. We will look for a clue." Jaesuk instructed as they turned around to head to where they were originally going.

"Please hurry up." Sungjae called out to them.

"Excuse me?" Jaesuk stopped and turned to ask.

"It's nothing." Sungjae hurriedly said and the two teams split off again.

The three youngsters continued walking until they came across Jaewook and Jongmin.

"Detective Ahn, did you find something? We found a mist spray." Sejeong called out to them.

"So did we." Jongmin said as Jaewook held out the spray.

"Did you guys try using it yet?" Sunmi asked the two older men.

"Shall we spray it?" Jongmin asked as he and Jaewook tried to spray it on their parchment.

"Did it reveal anything?" Sunmi asked and Jaewook shook his head no.

"Maybe we should try out Sunmi's idea and combine it." Sejeong said and Sungjae handed their spray over to Jongmin.

"You know, there must be a type of ink that reacts to it." He said as he gave the spray. Jongmin started spraying it all over the paper but nothing was happening.

"If you continue to spray it, the page will only get wet." Jaewook told him.

"I guess the others are fakes and there's only one real one." Sunmi guessed.

"Is there one at each location?" Jaewook asked.

"It seems like it." Sejeong answered.

"We need to collect them all?" Jaewook asked again and Sunmi nodded. The youngsters bid farewell to the duo, heading to the location on the second parchment.

"Here. Gyeongchunjeon Hall. 'Chun' means 'Spring'." Sungjae pointed out to the girls.

"You are right." Sejeong agreed.

"This is quite simple." Sungjae commented yet again.

"'It was sealed with respect.'" Sejeong read the words on the second parchment.

"Do we need to show our respect?" Sungjae hypothesized and Sunmi silently laughed.

"I don't think that's it Sungjae-ssi." Sunmi told him.

"I'll try it. We never know." He said as the three of them faced the closed building.

"Please open the door." Sungjae said as he bowed with his forehead on the ground.

"Unnie, your crush is weird." Sunmi whispered to her as they both laughed.

"Oppa, I don't think it's working." Sejeong tried to tell him. He got up from the ground.

"Would you please open the door?" He politely asked again and still, noth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter