(Episode 1) Chapter 4

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is what we got. There are drawings of a star, a house, and a rainbow? Something like a castle, and a wheel?" Minyoung showed everyone the rolled paper

"What could this be?" Jongmin asked.

"Why is the star circled?" Minyoung wondered.

"I know, right?" Jaesuk agreed.

"Isn't this used for stargazing?" Jongmin asked the group, pointing to the telescope.

"Hold on." Jaesuk said as he approached the telescope.

"There is a house, too. It looks similar." Jongmin added.

"That must be it." Minyoung agreed.

"Wait, that's.." Jaesuk looked at the paper once again to compare.

"Right?" Jongmin asked.

"That must be it." Minyoung insisted.

"Right?" Jongmin asked her.

"Yes. That's the place. You are right. Star. Telescope. Use it to look at the house." She told Jaesuk.

"Look at the house." Sejeong said as well.

"So we use this telescope to look at the house?" Jaesuk asked Minyoung, a bit confused as Jongmin and Sunmi laughed at him.

"Look at the house? Look at the house." Jaesuk kept repeating.

"So we look at the house." Sehun started saying.

"Look at the house, Sehun." Jaesuk told him.

"There's nothing shaped like a donut. What could it be?" Sehun stated.

"Do you see that Arboretum Resort?" Minyoung asked everyone.

"Yes." They replied.

"I think it's supposed to be that." She continued to say.

"Right. I think this drawing of a house does represent the roof of that building. " Jaesuk agreed.

"And the one next to it... What is the next one?" Jaesuk asked as he held out the paper.

"When we look at that house with a telescope..." Jongmin started saying.

"When we do that..." Jaesuk followed along.

"What is this?" Jongmin ended up wondering as well.

"I am certain that's the place. But the shape looks more like that one." Minyoung shared.

"Then we should go there." Jongmin suggested.

"Be quiet." Jaesuk told him.

"You suggested something similar." Jongmin told him.

"That's not a good idea." Jaesuk bickered back.

"The first two drawings lead us to that building. Once we go there, we might see the rest." Sejeong thought.

"That's right." Jongmin agreed with her.

"Hyung, that's what I have been saying all along." Jongmin told Jaesuk. He looked at Sunmi who nodded at him, signaling that their time at the house was running out as well.

"In that case, let's go to that building." Jaesuk finally decided.

"That's what I have been saying all along." Jongmin told him and the group decided to go downstairs where they encountered Minjae who was coming up to get them.

"I was about to come up and get you. We have to lock the scene now." He let them know as they exited the house

"Detective Im had to go ahead and file the paperwork at the office." Minjae spoke up once everyone was outside.

"Thank you for your help, Sergeant Kim. Please keep us updated on the case." Jaesuk told him as they shook hands. Minjae looked at Sunmi who was looking back at the house.

"Ms. Lee, have you already packed your belongings?" He asked her and she turned to him.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I did. I can come back later and pick up my car, right?" She asked him with a small smile and he nodded.

"We'll let you know once the crime scene has been released and you can come back already." Minjae let her know and she nodded. The two shook hands and Sunmi was shocked when she tried to pull her hand away but Minjae squeezed it before letting go.

"I'll see you around, Ms. Lee." He said as he let her hand go and Sunmi walked away towards where the others were waiting inside the car except for Jaesuk.

"What was that about?" Jaesuk and Sunmi shook her head, a small blush on her face.

"Oppa, stop it and let's go." She scolded him as she got inside the car and all he did was laugh.

-- September 30, 2018, 04:30 PM --

-- Arboretum Resort, Jangheung-myeon, Yangju-si, Gyeonggi-do --

"Let's get off." Jaesuk said as he parked the car. Everyone got off.

"Shall we go up?" Sejeong suggested and they went up to where the tent-house they saw from K's place was located.

"What is this?" Jaewook asked out loud.

"Do you see anything?" Jongmin asked the others.

"There's nothing here." Jaesuk stated, as there was nothing on the rooftop. Sunmi leaned on the railings and looked out at the other buildings. Suddenly, she felt a presence beside her. She didn't pay any attention to it at first as she was trying to find the third picture on the clue.

"So, you're back." Someone said in a low voice and Sunmi turned to the side to see Sehun looking at her with a serious expression on his face.

"I am." Sunmi told him. He was about to say something else when Sunmi shook her head.

"Let's not talk about this here. For now, we should focus on the investigation and settle our problems after this. What do you say? Truce?" Sunmi asked as she held out her pinky to him. Sehun looked at it for a bit before wrapping his own pinky around hers and having their thumbs meet together. Right at that moment, Jaesuk arrived and took a look at the paper Sehun was holding.

"What could it be?" He wondered, trying to make sense of the drawings.

"We need the Genius Detective Team for this. We really need their help on this." Sehun told him.

"You say we need the Genius Detective Team, but you become really annoyed when they actually come." Jaesuk told him and Sehun just agreed.

"I know."

"I wish Joon was here to help us find it." Sunmi thought out loud and it ignited the fire of competition in Sehun.

"I'm going to do it. I'll find it. I will find it." He started muttering to himself and Sunmi watched as he walked around and tried to find something that resembl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter