Injury

RE-SAIL: YUNJAE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?! Yunho-hyung is?!” Junsu almost shrieked when Jaejoong delivered to him the ‘really bad news’ on the line. Jaejoong called him while their staff were busy talking about Junsu’s promotion for his first solo album in Japan, Intoxication. He’s been really busy recently, trying to shove off all the worries in his heart about Tohoshinki’s suspension. “Jaejoong-hyung, a-are you sure about this?” He asked again, wishing that Jaejoong’s just messing with him with a not very funny joke.

“Junsu-yah, Yun-ah injured himself during the This Is It Concert.” Jaejoong tried his best to compose himself when Junsu really did make him repeat himself. He hated it when he received the news. He felt his entire body collapsing, staring at his phone just a while ago. It was his reflex that made him call for his dongseang.

“H-How did you know hyung?” Junsu’s now on the floor, leaning on the rest room’s wall. He excused himself from his staff a while ago and went to the restroom to have a private talk with his hyung who he hasn’t talked to for a while. He didn’t expect that he'd receive bad news from him.

“Yun-ah messaged me on my phone.” Jaejoong’s voice cracked. He went to his room and got his middle-sized bag and put some of his clothes in it.

“What are we gonna do hyung?” Junsu wanted to rush by his hyung’s side. He knew that if he’s hurt, what more can his Jaejoong-hyung and Yunho-hyung feel about not having each other around.

“I’m going back to Korea.” Jaejoong bluntly said.

“Hyung,” Junsu paused. “Are you sure it’s going to be alright?”

“I don’t know. But I can’t just sit here and do nothing while Yun-ah is in—” Jaejoong’s voice was cut when he felt he couldn't breathe properly due to his tears. He sat hugging his knees with his free hand.

“Jaejoong-hyung..” Junsu can’t help but cry. “Why.. are.. you.. crying..? Yunho.. hyung.. will.. be.. alright..” He said between sobs. He cried his eyes out. Glad that no one can see him.

After a long period of silence between the lines, Junsu decided to speak. “Did you tell Chun-ah about this?” He asked, still sobbing. He stood up from the floor and went to see his face in the mirror. He’s not surprised to see his eyes all red and puffy.

“Not yet. I can’t reach his phone.” Jaejoong sniffed.

“I’ll go tell him.” Junsu paused. “Send my regards to Yunho-hyung ok? Have a safe trip hyung.”

Jaejoong nodded as if Junsu could see him. “Ok.” Then he ended their conversation.

Jaejoong then dialed Japan’s transportation to book the earliest flight to Korea.

+++

Junsu ignited his keys in his car and immediately drove as fast as he possibly could. He told his staff that there’s an emergency in his family that he needed to take care of. He called Yoochun’s phone again and again but he wouldn't answer.

“Darn Yoochun!” He cursed. “Chun-ah, I’ll be going to your apartment. Don’t you dare move an inch or I’ll kill you!” He said after the instruction that he should just leave a message and a beep. It’s not like him to leave a message like that but the situation calls for it.

He concentrated on the road as he pressed play his stereo with their CD Mirotic inside. He thought that a wild music like Mirotic can help him shrug his thoughts off, but he’s wrong, dead wrong. It just made him remember the times when all of them were together, giving their best for their fans. He pressed the square button and sighed, fighting his tears from falling.

“Darn it all!” He cursed under his breath. He didn’t realize that he had parked his car around Yoochun's apartment complex already.

+++

Changmin inserted the spare key Yunho had given to him for his apartment, telling him that he can go there anytime. He unlocked the door and found the living room dim-lighted. He removed his shoe and wore one of Yunho’s Hamtaro slippers collection.

“Hyung?” He called but no one answered. He must be sleeping, he thought. He went to see his hyung in his bedroom and his hunch was correct. He saw Yunho lying on his bed, with his left foot covered with bandages, hugging a pillow with a streak of tear on his left eye.

He was about to go outside the room when he heard the older man groan. He turned back to see whether his hyung had awakened already. He saw Yunho furrowing his eyebrow as he muttered, “Jae-yah, I miss you.”

Changmin smiled weakly after hearing that, He gently closed the door. He leaned his back on the door and a droplet of tear fell on his face. It was damn quiet that he felt his ears were about to explode with the annoying sound of silence. He sat and hugged his knees like a little child, like what he always did and buried his face on his knees. He cried. It used to be because Junsu snatched his snacks away. Or when his oldest hyung refuses to give him a taste of what he's cooking. Or when Yoochun wins his leader’s yes because of being a crybaby. Or when Yunho locked their room’s door to have a private talk with Jaejoong. It used to be like that, and he wished with all his heart that it will always be like that, but it is not anymore. With those painful thoughts in his mind, he fell asleep like an idiot in front of Yunho’s room.

+++

Jaejoong sighed as he stood frozen in front of Yunho’s apartment. His heart is pumping wild as he nears the place. The image of Yunho in pain makes his heart ache and his body weak. He was about to press the doorbell when the door gently opened.

“Hyung?! Why are you here?” Changmin’s eyes widened with the sight of their lead singer. His reflex suddenly told him to hug the older man. “Hyung!” He exclaimed, hugging Jaejoong tight.

Jaejoong responded to the hug as he pushed Changmin inside, afraid that someone had followed him. He closed the door behind him and locked it, breaking their hug. “Changmin-ah, how are you?” Jaejoong asked. He removed his shoes and found all the Hamtaro slippers.

“Ah, Yunho-hyung has been collecting those.” Changmin explained, pointing to the slippers.

Jaejoong’s heart skipped a beat. He doesn’t know if it’s because of Yunho’s collection of his favorite Hamtaro slippers or the sound of Changmin muttering the name he loved to call or both. He then wore one then went inside with Changmin.

“Where’s Yunho?” He asked, trying to be calm when his heart wanted to push him forward and rummage the whole apartment to find his beloved.

“In his room, sleeping.” Changmin answered and swore that he just heard Jaejoong’s heart shout for Yunho.

“Oh ok.” Jaejoong said, sitting on the living room’s couch. He felt tired because he hasn’t had any decent sleep after he received Yunho’s message.

“Hyung, I’ll go buy food. I found Yunho-hyung’s fridge empty so I decided to go out to buy food and I found you outside.” He said as he tapped Jaejoong’s back.

“Changmin-ah, please buy ingredients. I’ll cook.” Jaejoong smiled sincerely.

“What?! Really hyung? Yay! I’ll finally taste your home cooked meals again! I missed them!” Changmin jumped as he dashed outside while shouting, “I’ll be back!”

+++

Yunho frowned as he opened his eyes and he felt his foot hurt. He frowned more when he found his room empty. He swore he just smelled Changmin inside. He sighed. He’s alone and it hurts. He sat up and looked for Jaejoong’s Hamtaro slippers. He found it and wore it as he reached for a picture frame and kissed it lovingly. “Jae-yah, good morning.” He greeted. Oh, how I miss you Jae-yah.

He put back the frame and stood up with the help of two crutches beside him. He opened his door and found the living room lighted. For some unknown reasons, he felt his whole body lift up. He walked towards the kitchen. He always did that. Wishing that he’ll find his beloved Jaejoong concentrating on his task. He missed everything about Jaejoong. His pissed look when he comes disturbing him while he cooks. His pouts that made him float in the air. His waist that he loves to hug. His beautiful doe eyes that reflected his face in it. Everything. He gripped his hold on the two crutches that’s supporting him walk.

“Hyung!” Changmin called from behind. He ran towards his hyung to support him. He saw Yunho crying. “What’s wrong hyung?” He asked as he supported him to sit on the couch.

“I-I miss my Jae-yah.” Yunho said, almost choking in his tears.

He sounded like a child, Changmin thought. “I know, I know.” He showed a reassuring smile to his hyung. “I miss him too hyung.” He said as he let Yunho cry on his shoulder.

“I miss him so much that I feel like dying everyday.” Yunho cried.

“You better not die Yun-ah. Because I miss you too, so much Yunho, so much.” Jaejoong said, voice cracking with mixed emotions. His body froze at the sight of Yunho crying.

Yunho turned to that soothing voice he longed for so much. That paled-colored face, that pouty red lips, that big doe eyes, that Jaejoong. My Jaejoong. Yunho stood up and felt his left foot throb in pain as he forced it to run. “Jae-yah,” He called, with his tears overflowing.

Jaejoong saw Yunho recklessly stand up and forced himself to run. He ran towards him and caught him before he fell. “Yun-ah,” He said, hugging the man. “Please Yun-ah, don’t force yourself.”

“Jae-yah, Jae-yah, Jae-yah,” Yunho called again and again as he hugged the older man. He felt his heart will explode anytime now. “I missed you, you know that right?” He said as Jaejoong walked him back to the couch again.

“Of course.” Jaejoong wiped Yunho’s tears as he signaled Changmin to go back to the kitchen to check his soup. “Now, be a good boy and wait for the food, ok?” He said.

Yunho obediently nodded. He’s so happy that he felt like consuming his body’s liquid to cry his heart out. “Why are you here? And I told you that you shouldn’t come here.” Yunho whined. He doesn’t want to be selfish and make Jaejoong worry. He knows that they’re not allowed to see each other.

Jaejoong pouted. He knows that Yunho is worried. “I’m here because I miss you, spoiled brat.” He poked Yunho’s forehead with his index finger. “You told me that you injured yourself and then warned me not to go to you. But then, you said you missed me and wanted me to be by your side. What’s with the conflicting attitude, Yunho?” Jaejoong scolded Yunho.

Yunho pouted as well. “I love you Jae-yah.” He wanted to tell that to the older man in person. He wondered when was the last time he said that in his lead singer’s face.

Jaejoong blushed with the sudden remark of his leader. “I love you too Yun-ah. I always will.” Jaejoong said.

Yunho was about to kiss Jaejoong when Changmin’s alarmed voice echoed.

“Jaejoong-hyung!! The soup’s gone mad!!” He shouted from the kitchen.

Jaejoong stopped Yunho’s lips as he said, “That should wait.” He winked before he ran back to his territory, leaving the frustrated Yunho punching the couch, imagining it as Changmin.

+++

Changmin stared at Yunho who’s sitting like a puppy, watching Jaejoong’s every move. That scene is the one he’s been longing for to see again. He was relieved but also felt incomplete. His dolphin and the cry baby are not there. He felt a very cold knife stab his heart. He unconsciously held his chest, trying to stop the pain. He wondered what had they done

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter