Chapter 1

Mafia's Game 《S.Coups x Jeong Han》

"Jeong Han"

"Jeong Han-ah!"

"YOON JEONG HAN!!!"

Jeonghan jumped up and looked in the sound direction. A guy was holding his laptop and lots of documents giving him a sign to look at the clock. As he realized the time he quickly grabbed his meeting documents and the laptop and followed the other employees. 

The meeting was never-ending, Jeonghan tries so hard not to yawn but he couldn't hold it at all. He covers his mouth and turns away yawning to pretend his leader to see. They have been in many meetings recently because of the breaking news of the biggest Mafia group in Korea, SVT. 

Their Leader decided to step down and let his sons inherit his position. People are gossiping around about who will inherit the position. It was no surprise to the citizens that the leader has multiple wives, not to mention when they appeared at a live event for the first time at the age of around 23 and the 2nd son at the age of 21, both of them caught everyone's eyes. They were amazed at how good-looking they were, and how well-trained they are during their speeches.

People thought, they looked like an expensive and well-educated happy family but in reality, they never talk to each other at their mansion. The only possibility to talk to each other is at events where they have to act up. 

The time has come and the leader doesn't have the strength to manage the group anymore. He considered inheriting the position of the oldest son, Choi Seung Cheol.

Choi Seung Cheol, the oldest and one and only son of the first legal wife. He was trained since young to be the next inheritor of SVT. The leader wanted to hide his identity until the age of  23 when he is ready to inherit the position of his father. 

Being in a Mafia group, your identity is hidden is very important to prevent any assassination to happen especially in the leader's children. If there's no inheritor the group can be known as dead and gone. Everything will be lost. No one knew who he was, but he was pretty popular in his school as a "normal" student. Girls and Boys are head over heels with him, he declined all confessions because of the rule his father set. No relationships until he can step onto his position.

At the age of 25, he finally is able to get the freedom he wants. Giving one last goodbye to his father's mansion, he closed the gate and walked out with a scary grin on his face.

*

The meeting ended and everyone left the room except the leader. He called Jeonghan over to sit next to him.

"Jeonghan-ah, how's everything going on? How's your documentation about Japan?" the leader asked kindly because he knows if he forced Jeonghan too much, he would replay what he did 2 years ago where he left everything in chaos for them because he was pushing him too much.

"It's going well, I should be able to publish it today afternoon." Jeonghan said with no emotions but he already somehow knows what he wants so he quickly added.

"No. I won't do that case. I told you since last  year that SVT is way too hard to even for me to undercover."

"Oh, c'mon ~~ please?" his leader starts to act cute in front of him which makes him want to punch into his face. 

He crossed his arms and legs and turned his face away ignoring the leader.

"Please? PLeAsEeEE? PLEAS-" The leader grabbed his chair and swung left and right still acting cute in front of him.

"Lee Seok Min, I told you so many times that this is impossible. One mistake you go to hell." 

"Yeah I know but you are the all mighty Yoon Jeong Han nothing can stop you!" the leader named Lee Seok Min said loudly with both hands in the air grinning stupidly at the person next to him.

Jeonghan's eye rolled at him and stood up but got pulled back down again.

"I TOLD YO-" 

"If you accept this case I will share." Seokmin whispered.

"Share what." 

"You know what I mean~" Seokmin signed with his hand and Jeonghan understood right away.

"I don't care."

"Ok. I'm gonna only tell you first because you did for us so much and you're my best friend. If we don't publish something big we might have to go bankrupt. We lost population due to the new news company that is invested by the second biggest chaebols. They get around 5 times more views and invest than us. So, please? I will give you a holiday afterward." his leader clapped his hands together begging him.

They stayed silent for quite a long while. 

Money isn't really a thing for him but he is a bit short on money now because of his little sister is studying abroad. He has to take care of her because their parents decided to cut off relations after he became an adult. They cut off immediately after he got his job at the current company. 

He was left behind with a letter and a bank card with enough money to live until he get his first paycheck. His little sister is a smart student, she was able to get a scholarship abroad. He hasn't seen her for a while now but they still video call once every 2 to 3 months updating on each other's lives.

After taking long thoughts he finally opened his mouth.

"Ok."

"?!" Seokmin looked at him with a surprised face.

"Under two conditions."

"SURE! EVERYTHING!"

"I want 3% and give me one month of paid holiday."

"..."

"No? Ok, sure. I mean not like I want to inve-"

"OK! OK! OK! DEAL!" Seokmin gave up making Jeonghan laugh. He takes out his hand placing it in front of his leader. He looks confused.

"?"

"Documents."

"AH! I get it for you~Just wait~ Let's meet 1h later at my office!" his leader skip jumped happily out of the meeting room leaving the other employees looking at him with fear.

Jeonghan chuckled at his stupid friend screaming happily around the hall. He took his belongings and walked back to his desk. Sitting down, he starts to sigh out loud.

"For s sake. Did I just really accept this?" He massaged his forehead full of regret.

*

On Rainy a day in the evening, people are standing under an umbrella some are running toward a roof to avoid getting wet. On the small street two streets across NW News, a man was thrown out of the car and getting dragged to the biggest hotel in this city.

"Boss, we have a new guest."

"Let them in."

A body was thrown on the floor both arms tied together and the mouth with tape. The man kept sweating in fear and crying for forgiveness. He looked up but returned with a silent stare. The eyes that everyone fears.

Choi Seung  Cheol squad down and grabbed the man by his hair and pushed him strong aside making him fall down in pain.

"Get him out of here."

"Joshua, prepare the flight." Seungcheol ordered not even looking at him.

"Why me? Do I look like a butler to you?" The male named Joshua said while holding his baby sniper rifle on his shoulder.

"Jisoo." Seungcheol glared at him.

"Okay okay, chill bro. But the event is in 2 days why are  you so rushed?"

"Have to meet up Mingyu. Turned out the incident yesterday was one of the combat team. We have to sort things out before the event."

"I knew it. But whys does Mingyu care so much for Minghao? They don't even like each other. Never seen him this out of control tho."

"Who knows? Now less talking and go prepare. I want to leave in 30 minutes make that possible."

"Yeah yeah got it. See you later." Joshua waved his hand in annoyance and walked away with a glare from behind which he didn't care at all.

"Jun." Joshua called after he went out of the room.

"Prepare a private jet. Boss wants to leave in 30 minutes."

"Got it." The butler bowed and walked away.

*

"Here are the files. Make sure you go through all the files before beginning. I'm counting on you!" The leader handed over the documents with all personal information from SVT including the followers that they could find through all live open events and some underground business. He tapped Jeonghans shoulder and walked away.

Arriving home Jeonghan made himself comfy and sat down on the sofa picking up the files again.

"Choi...Seung Cheol..leader...Kim Mingyu...*sigh*" Jeonghan leaned back looking up at the ceiling.

After regretting 2 more seconds of his decision, he came back to his sense and the TV. He didn't even have to change channels to search up SVT because it's literally everywhere now.

"The leader of SVT Mr.Choi will be holding a Succession Ceremony in 2 Days at the SVT Leadership Hotel. Only with invitation letters are able to join......."

"Event?"

Jeonghan stood up and walked towards his home office looking at a large board pictures and information pinned everywhere. The more he looks at those the more headache he gets.

"What do I do...whatever....let's just go to sleep."

Sitting on the dining table blankly staring at the air. He yawned for the 10th time. He couldn't sleep well at all yesterday due to thinking of a perfect plan. He hit his face on the table and screamed to let out his pressure.

"What do I do~~~What do I dooo??? What do I dooo....*fake cries*"

Suddenly an idea came to his mind. He took out his phone and called a number.

"Hello? Who's this?"

"DINOOO!!!"

"Jeonghan Hyung?! Long time no see!! And stop calling me by that name! It's embarrassing!!"

"Oh c'mon! It's cute! How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine but my University life is not. Hahaha. Why are you calling, Jeonghan Hyung?"

"Your parents own a catering company right?"

"Yeah! Why?"

"Do you know if they will be in charge of the SVT private event in 2 days?"

"Ahh, that! Yeah, they will be in charge but not many are going because they are afraid if anything happens to them so we are quite short on employees. Does hyung maybe know some friends that need a job?"

"I need! Can I apply?"

"Huh? Aren't you working at NW News? Why do u need a job? Got fired?"

"Hey! Watch your mouth! How can I the most hardworking employee get fired?"

"Hahaha. Just joking. Well, if you want to apply I can tell my dad."

"Thank you!! By the way, say "Hi" to Mr. and Mrs. Lee for me!"

Jeonghan hung up and put both arms in the air in joy. Since it's a private event he was quite stressed out about where to get an invitation letter to get in because news reporters are not allowed. Now he can get in by pretending as an event waiter.

Looked at the clock, still very early. He decided to take one last 1h break and start to prepare for the mission impossible.

*

"Welcome, Mr.Kim & Mr.Nam" Security guards are checking the invitation letters and people are starting to get more crowded. Reporters are standing outside the hotel standing by for each detail they can get through the door that opens every time the security let the investors in.

Jeonghan on the other side still is home preparing for everything he needs as less as possible,  even the cameras are very small, easy to glue them under tables or in some small holes.

He just wore very casual clothing because they will have a changing room at the hotel and he still needs to get the catering clothes from the company.

Arriving at the back of the hotel, the manager quickly gathered everyone together and read all the rules before dissolving everyone to change.

Jeonghan checked himself once again after getting done and opened the door. Before he could step out he was stopped by an employee.

"You don't have any makeup with you? At these events, you have to be as clean as possible, especially in SVT events. But you have quite a beautiful face so just some foundation cover and eyebrow fill should be just fine. Come with me~"

Jeonghan looked at him awkwardly and followed him back to the mirror.

Everything was done as the male said but suddenly he took a red lip balm.

"W-Wait. Didn't you just say, foundation and eyebrows? Why the lipstick suddenly?" Jeonghan leaned back looking at him in confusion.

"You have to apply a bit of lipstick or else you will look too pale because of the foundation. Chill, I won't draw too much."

Jeonghan can't trust him because the male himself has very red lips. But he couldn't deny him because he still needs to do his job.

"Done! You can look at yourself a bit in the mirror. I need to gather up at the entrance I'm assigned there. See you!" The male waved goodbye and quickly ran to the entrance of the hotel.

He looked himself in the mirror. Having his blonde hair styled up with this makeup makes his appearance look a lot brighter he couldn't deny that. He accepted the reality of having makeup isn't that bad and went out together up at the VVIP area.

He begged Dino's parents to assign him to the VVIP area because he wants to see his "idol". Mr.Lee was very confused but still agreed since Jeonghan took a lot of care of his son when they were really busy with their business.

More and more people are walking into the event hall. He still had a bit of time till the VVIP people arrived. He quickly made an excuse and looked around the room. Taking out a camera and placed it in between the flower bouquet where it was covered by leaves but from the outside, no one can see it. He walked away and tried to put some more cameras in the room and walked out casually as if nothing happened.

After a couple of minutes, he could hear people whispering but not really whispering around loudly and bowing when the main character arrives at the entrance.

VVIP areas will be empty until the ceremony is done so all the waiters assigned here will be helping out at the front until then.

Jeonghan stood at the side of the stage watching everything in silence.

As the main character stepped in. Everyone started to clap.

"It's really happening. Choi Seung Cheol is here."

Jeonghan thought in his mind.

Choi Seung Cheol wore an all-black suit with his hair pushed back leaving his handsome face. Because of his face, he gathered a lot of daughter fans from business partners. Kim Mingyu followed behind with his husband Minghao both wearing black, Minghao having a red coat on his shoulders.

Seungcheol stepped up to the stage and took the microphone from the MC.

"Greetings everyone. Hope everyone enjoys this evening with joy." He said with a poker face, writing "I was forced to be here" on his face. He gave back the microphone and stepped down walking up to his step-brother.

As the event officially started. You can see a lot of business partners' daughters trying to attract Seungcheol by either pushing their hair back in a cringy way or walking past them and bowing to them.

You could say that Seungcheol was having fun watching these girls trying so hard to get his attention so he let them in peace because usually he would get angry and have his followers make them suffer.

Soon the ceremony begins and everyone gathered at the front leaving the middle empty for the current leader to walk up to the stage.

Everyone clapped when the leader badge is handed over to Seungcheol. He bowed at his father and took over the badge. He did a very short speech and walked down the stage.

The event continues with people having as many drinks and food as they want until midnight. Seungcheol bowed once again to his father and they went to their separate VVIP rooms.

Jeonghan got called to get ready for the VVIP rooms they stood up in line and are waiting to get assigned to the rooms. There were actually a lot of rooms than expected because of some unexpected guests that are not in the paper written so the manager had to separate some waiters and Jeonghan was one of them.

"Jeonghan you go to room 5 and you are going to room 3." The manager pointed at the other waiter.

"We don't know who is in each room so even if you are a beginner I hope you guys can manage it without mistakes. So, everyone! Dismissed!" The manager said the last words and dismissed everyone.

Jeonghan actually told the manager beforehand that he wants to do room 5 and the manager just agreed on it because he really doesn't have any idea who will be in the room and hopes this newbie here will not make any mistakes.

He deep breathed one last time and knocked on the door.

A man opened the door for him he looked up and bowed. The man let him in and pointed at an area where he should stand.

The whole room was very dark the only bright area is the billiard table. Seungcheol was the only one he could see clearly but he had his back facing him.

Jeonghan watched everything in silence. Hoping they will start any private conversations so this risky plan is worth it and lucky him, they did start a conversation. But he couldn't see anyone on the opposite side of the billiard table.

"How was the meeting yesterday?" One asked in the shadows.

"Mmhh, bought him a grave."

"Hahaha, as I expected how would someone like you give him a chance."

"If he didn't harass Minghao when he took care of the weapon training while Mingyu was in a meeting. I mean Minghao is surely quite weak compared to the trained subordinates. I told him to train himself a bit tho, but he declined because he said that he would leave this place after his parents paid all the debts."

"Debts? Are they talking bout Kim Mingyus's husband Xu Minghao? His background is so well hidden I had a hard time searching up his details." Jeonghan listened to them very carefully trying to memorize everything spoken from Seungcheols mouth.

"Well serves him right...but I think I heard from Joshua that Mingyu went crazy when he returned seeing Minghao getting pinned on the floor almost shirtless and trying so hard to get away and how the other one stole some weapons from the storehouse and was caught right after he stepped out from the door."

"What?" Jeonghan frowned.

"We need to examine the combat team this week. I think they're spies running around in our team. From the government most likely."

"Government? Which one is referring to? "  Jeonghan slowly can't pack all the information at once which let him be unfocused. A sudden headache let him make a quiet sound out of mouth. He got nervous and looked around seemed like no one heard, at least he thought so.

Seungcheol and his friend in the dark played one more round each.

Suddenly they stopped talking which made Jeonghan nervous. Seungcheol put down the cue and stood there silent for a couple of seconds.

He smirked.