Chapter 2

Mafia's Game 《S.Coups x Jeong Han》

He smirked still standing with the back facing the door at Jeonghan.

Seungcheol gave a sign telling everyone to leave. He gave a high-five to the person he was talking to the whole time saying goodbye.

As a waiter, Jeonghan stood there till the last person left. As he raises his foot, a voice could be heard.

"You. Don't move." Seungcheol finally turned around to face him.

Jeonghan suddenly got even more nervous he stepped back to his position which was really just a step back.

Seungcheol walked towards the sofa taking a remote to brighten up the room. Well, still very dark it's a very dull light but bright enough to see whos in the room.

He sat down leaning back, calling Jeonghan over with his hand.

Jeonghan still stood there blankly trying to process innate what he should do. What his plan b was.

"Not coming?" Seungcheol spoke up.

Jeonghan came back to his sense, he looked over the sofa gulped, and walked over.

"Put down the plate." He did as ordered.

Seungcheol sat up and starts walking around Jeonghan in a circle humming happily which makes Jeonghan fear.

After one round he stopped in front of him and grabbed his chin looking left and right continuing to observe Jeonghan.

His hand slowly starts to move up to Jeonghans lips. Seungcheol chuckled at the red lips, he uses his thumb to press the corner of his mouth rubbing a small part of the lipstick from his lips to Jeonghans cheeks.

Seungcheol realizes Jeonghan is moving his arms a bit, he looked up again and smirked, and he puts his hand down.

Suddenly a punch was thrown over his stomach which let him fall to the sofa table. He groans in pain.

"It's quite obvious." Seungcheol whipped the lipstick on his hands with a towel and sat down again.

"What do I do with you? Kill you? Or....do you want me to spare you?" Seungcheol says while playing with the gun he always takes it with him.

Jeonghan on the other side couldn't hear anything due to the pain in the stomach.

"....that was a strong punch...."

"Are you listening?" Seungcheol grabbed Jeonghan on his collars and lifted him up from the sofa table.

Jeonghan was still trying to gain back his sense he mumbled something.

"What?" Seungcheol didn't understand.

"L-Let me go..."

"Wrong answer, I will give you one more chance." Seungcheol loosened his collar and threw him back to the table.

Seungcheol walked over to the flower bouquet took the camera out walking back to Jeonghan again placing the camera next to him.

"I know where the rest are so you better choose your fate."

"How did you know? They were very well hidden." Jeonghan finally spoke up.

"You are dealing with the Mafia here. Aren't you underestimating us too much?"

"You heard our conversation way too much I can't just let you go like this. Usually, you will be dead by now but I see some good use on you."

Jeonghan didn't understand what he meant but he gets that he has another option than dying.

"I can do anything in exchange for not dying...."

"Good choice." The mafia leader smirked with satisfaction.

Jeonghan looked aside with his eyes only at the sofa where the mafia leader's gun is placed. As Seungcheol looked away he grabbed the gun a moment and pointed it toward him.

"Don't move!" Jeonghan said still in pain but he tried to use all his strength to talk. He slowly walked back to the door as he touched the handle he quickly got out and ran away.

The followers reacted and were about to chase but got stopped by their leader.

"Let him go." He ordered. A grin on his face could be seen. He let him go in intentionally because he gotta make an excuse to tie him all up to himself and the gun he stole from him was a very important family heirloom he has to get it back.

Jeonghan ran as fast as he could. He stopped at a small street, taking a small break. Looking down at his hand the gun is still there.

He sighed loudly in frustration. Taking one last deep breath he quietly went back to the hotel staff's room to take his belongings. Quite lucky he was, no one saw him.

Arriving home, he fell on the bed. Looking at the ceiling, he starts to recall what happened at the hotel.

"I have to cancel this case." That's the first thing he can think of after recalling everything.

The next day, he woke up with pain in his stomach.

"..." He placed a hand on his stomach and walked out of his room slowly to avoid as much pain while moving searching for his phone on the sofa because he went straight up sleeping because of the pain yesterday after escaping from SVT.

As he found his phone he quickly searched for his friend Seokmin's number. The other side answered it very fast but no voice could be heard.

"Hello? Seokmin?" Jeonghan frowned because usually, this friend here would just scream through his phone.

"Talk." Another voice could be heard on the opposite side. The familiar voice makes Jeonghan rage.

"J-Jeonghan-Hyung." Seokmin couldn't even speak up and Jeonghan interrupted him.

"What are they doing there?! Don't listen to anything from them got it?! I'll come!!" Jeonghan shouted and quickly got himself ready and rushed to the company.

Slamming the door open, he sees his leader standing quietly next to his own table while the man he had a conflict with was sitting on his leader's chair facing the window with his back to Jeonghan.

"Hyung!" Seokmin whispered.

"Now you call me Hyung huh?" Jeonghan eyes him in disbelief.

"Choi Seung Cheol. Don't you dare to touch NW News!" Jeonghan warned him.

Seungcheol chuckled and turned around facing Jeonghan.

"Impossible."

"Why? If you got any problem then just come at me and leave the others alone!" Jeonghan walked over to the table and slammed his hands down, leaning forward and staring into Seungcheols eyes with anger.

Seungcheom didn't flinch at all, he uses this chance to lean forward too. Their eyes meet no one wants to look away because in this situation looking away means giving up.

The mafia leader smiled while staring at Jeonghan, thinking he still looks perfect even without that heavy makeup meanwhile Jeonghan is still mad staring at him.

"Jun, the cameras." Seungcheol still didn't move and continued to stare.

The butler took the suitcase to the floor and walked over opening it showing the cameras Jeonghan hid yesterday.

"I give you two choices. I will buy you a grave or you are coming with me."

"Wait, this is not fair."

"How? You hid cameras to investigate my group, and you stole my gun. I think I have enough reason to set these two choices."

Jeonghan grabbed his hair in frustration.

"Choi Seung Cheol. I apologize for what I did. I'm truly sorry, please forgive me." He tries the least convincing way but still gotta try it out no?

"I love how you always call my name. Not even my personal butler dares to call me by that.

He stood up and walked past Jeonghan giving him the last words.

"I give you one day. How kind I am right? Hope you choose carefully. Jun." His butler took a business card out of his jacket and placed it in front of Jeonghan.

"See you in a day." Seungcheol walked out grinning again as if his plan is running smoothly.

Jeonghan didn't move at all, as he hears the door being shut a loud annoyed scream can be heard from his mouth.

His leader was still standing there blankly but he came back to sense right away and rushed to Jeonghans side.

"Calm down! Breath in~ Breath out~"

After taking a big deep breath Jeonghan finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this case." Jeonghan takes the suitcase full of his cameras and left the room leaving Seokmin blankly there.

He took a whole afternoon staring blankly at the Television to make a decision. Taking the business card from the table, he reads out the name.

"SVT Bar...." He sighed.

*

"Seungcheol, aren't you afraid that he will escape?" Joshua sat at the bar counter watching Seungcheol playing billiard.

"Why should I? He can't escape from me. I'm kind enough to give him two choices?"

"Why are you so interested in him tho? How does he even look like to have the SVT leader take an interest in him."

"The perfect person to deal with JKG."

"I looked upon him. He is quite popular in the news community. He is doing quite well he could just continue to do the usual but he chooses the hard way."

"I did want to kill him when I walked into the room and saw the cameras. But I was amazed at how well it was hidden. If it's not experienced enough like us no one would find them."

"I have to be honest too that it was very well hidden. The only mistake he did was the red dot. I bet he didn't expect the red dot to show up. It was that pretty-faced waiter right." Joshua said it with a tease and Seungcheol just smirked back.

"He digs himself a hole so he has to pay that back."

"Talking about JKG. The spy in our combat team is from JKG. They heard that both are killed and are taking action now. Mingyu already started to patrol around our site but you have to be careful." Joshua said and Seungcheol just nodded.

"Do you have any information about the event in a month?" He added.

"I heard from Vernon. It will be held at JKG place and the bidding object is still unknown. But I heard they want to add games into the bidding progress to make it more interesting. Basically a gamble. Do you have someone in mind? Because leaders are not allowed to play."

"You're still in contact with that American boy? I thought you gave up on him?" Seungcheol looked at him telling him to spill the tea.

"S-Shut up...don't you dare to touch him! He's just a florist and has nothing to do with the dark side of the world!"

"Yeah yeah, as long you do your job I don't care about your love life."

"Oh my god, can you just shut up? You still didn't answer my question if not we have to look for someone." Joshua rolled his eyes.

"I have and he will be showing up tomorrow." Seungcheol smirked, hitting the last ball to the position.

*

Jeonghan wakes up with even darker circles under his eyes. He looks at the clock.

"8.a.m....I don't have much time left..."

He opens the fridge looking for food and realizes he hasn't been grocery shopping since everything happened. He sighs for a hundred times, picked up the keys, and walked down to the convenient store.

Taking a small portion of breakfast set he walks to the cashier.

"Excuse me sir your card is declined."

"How? Let me try it once again."

"Sorry sir, still declined."

Jeonghan can't believe it. He excused himself awkwardly and looked for a close bank nearby.

"Sir, your card has been blocked."

"What? This makes no sense! Is it possible to look up when it was blocked?"

"According to the system, the card has been blocked since yesterday afternoon by yourself."

"Myself? What?....????" Jeonghan frowns at this ridiculous joke.

The bank assistant couldn't help him further either because they need his personal documents to re-activate the account again but he literally just went out with his sleepwear and his wallet.

Walking back home, with empty hands he looks to the sky thinking he wants to jump off the bridge.

As he walked into the apartment he sees some men in black suits blocking his door. He quickly rushed over but hiding an area where those men can't see him. He watches closely what they are doing.

There were another two men walking out of his apartment with his sofa. Jeonghan quickly realized what was happening and walked over.

"What are you guys doing? This is my home."

"Good evening, Mr.Yoon. Unfortunately, we have to kidnap you. Now excuse me." One man knocks him up and put him aside waiting for their commander to give them the next order.

"Joshua, sir. We have Mr.Yoon."

"Don't bring him to the mansion bring him to the darkroom at SVT Bar. His father should not know our plan. Got it? And tell the other 3 to make sure everything in this apartment is emptied and find the gun. Back to your work."

"Yes, sir!"

Joshua hung up the phone in a snipping position.

"This useless leader, throwing a bunch of missions at the same time.Tch."

"Mingyu speaking here. Joshua, lawyer Lee left the building." Mingyu's voice could be heard in Joshua's earphones.

"Got it. I'm ready anytime."

"Everyone in their positions. Launching the first attack in 3...."

Joshua smiled in excitement.

"2"

"1"

*bang*

The lawyer fell down on the floor with blood spreading out from his head. The followers quickly gathered up and dragged the dead body away.

"Good job, Josh!" Mingyu said it with a happy voice.

"It's Joshua-Hyung for you, you little brat."

"I'm the leader here, I call you how I want. Gonna hang up now, let's meet up later." Mingyu hung up with a Joshua ready to punch him through his phone.

Josuha stands up from the laying position and takes his baby with him looking at his watch.

"Now...to the next mission..."

*

Jeonghan soon wakes up with a headache. As he wants to use his hand to support his head he realizes that his hands were tied together to the back of the chair. He tries to move but it was tied way too tightly.

Soon a person walks in turning on the light making Jeonghan close his eyes because of the sudden brightness. Opening his eyes again, he sees a person sitting in front of him, none other than his hell lord Choi Seung Cheol.

"Slept well?"

"Ugh..." Jeonghan still has a heavy headache.

"Have you decided? You still have 15 minutes till the agreement."

Jeonghan still didn't talk at all due to the headache which made Seungcheol annoyed. He walks over to Jeonghan and grabs his hair making the headache get even worse.

"I can execute you right away here. Talk or die." Seungcheol gave him the last chance, meanwhile telling his followers to loosen up the rope.

Jeonghans headache gets way worse than he expected he suddenly grabs Seungcheols shirt trying to avoid the pain. Seungcheol watches him struggling with a poker face. He stands there letting Jeonghan grab his shirt because he wasn't going to kill Jeonghan here.

He needs a person to attend the event from JKG and he is trying to find someone to be his fake partner a.k.a. fake fiancè to make a big scene, a small move to press JKGs existence down.

This man here would be the perfect choice for him. Getting surprised by the skills he had during the succession ceremony and not to mention that he likes his appearance.

Jeonghan on the other side can't hold it anymore and fell unconscious again but this time his head is on Seungcheol's stomach.

The followers quickly walked up trying to push the unconscious man away from their leader but were stopped by him.

"You guys can step down. I will do the rest. Tell Jun to prepare the car." He lifts Jeonghan up in a bridal style and walked out to the car.

This time when Jeonghan woke up he was laying on the bed. His headache got a lot better, sitting up slowly he takes a look around the room.

"Whose apartment is this?"

Everything here looks simple and unused. The large window next to the bed let him see the beautiful view of the city. The sun shining onto his face makes him close his eyes releasing the stress he had for these past few days for a couple of seconds because a door opening sound could be heard right afterward.

"How's your headache?" Seungcheol yawned scratching his head standing in front of the bed with one hand in his pants pocket.

"Getting better...You..Choi Seung Cheol?! Where am I?"

"Just one of the apartments under SVT. I usually live here when I need privacy. And you still call me by name huh?"

"But you kidnapped me...." Jeonghan pouted.

"Let's stop doing this stupid "I chase you chase me" game. Let's trade." Seungcheol yawned for the last time and sat down on the sofa chair next to the bed.

"Work for me."

"Why? Why should I? Okay, I get that I did a big mistake to undercover your group but I apologized I won't touch this area ever again. Please just let me go."

"Do you really think mafias are that easy to persuade? Am I looking that easy to you?" Seungcheol leaned his face closer to Jeonghan to give him pressure. Jeonghan didn't flinch at all and starred back which made Seungcheol laugh.

"Playing hard? Well, I don't have time to play eye-starring games. Let me ask you again. Do you want to die today or work with me?"

Jeonghan kept silent for a while making the mafia leader impatient. He grabbed the bed sheets strongly his eyes still staring at the person in front of him.

"What are you gonna trade?" Jeonghan finally replied and Seungcheol smirked because he finally hears what he wants.

"According to the information I got. NW News is on the  edge of bankruptcy, am I right?"

"You're not wrong.....why are you asking?"

"I can save your company, in exchange you are working for me." Seungcheol placed his hand under his chin, both elbows on his upper legs leaning forward.

Jeonghan couldn't deny that NW News really needs a big investor now or else the whole company with almost 1000 employees is going to be jobless and he didn't have to do this stupid case. But on the other side, he can't sell himself just like this. His ego can't just give up like this but then again he is currently deciding whether live or to die.

"Under two conditions." He tries to obtain more for his life decision.

Seungcheol did frown at Jeonghans answer because being an overbearing person he just wants to hear "yes" or "no" but he still nodded since he needs to keep this person.

"You will pay all my little sisters' overseas school fees."

Seungcheol raised his eyebrows with this surprising condition.

"Sure. Should be easy. And the 2nd one?"

"If I'm able to accomplish whatever plan you have. I can leave this place in peace."

"..."