Chapter 9

Strung Apart by Fate

Beomngyu stood before Soobin, Soobin looking at him with an eyebrow raised. "C-Can I give you a hug?" Asked Beomgyu as he tried to keep the look of hopefulness off his face.

"I mean," hummed Soobin as he shrugged. "Sure?" He asked. "I know, I won't remember you my next life, but I'm sure I won't mind you giving me a hug," he added.

"T-Thank you," breathed Beomgyu as he tackled Soobin, enveloping him in a tight hug. Soobin hugged him back, gently patting Beomgyu on the back.

 

~



Beomgyu breathed out a sigh as he stayed outside of Jay's room, listening to Jay's parents sobbing and begging Jay to wake up. It had been a few days, and Beomgyu had pretty much planted himself in front of Jay's room out of guilt more than anything. Taehyun and Soobin made sure to bring Beomgyu his school work, Jungwon even showing up once to hand over his work when Soobin was struck with being sick again.

At least he had his tablet with him, so Beomgyu was able to update the others on what was happening with Jay due to Heeseung getting his own tablet after Taehyun insisted that he got one in case Beomgyu needed a break.

Taehyun: hey, Soobin's sick again
Jungwon's coming over with Jake with your group project stuff to work out some things because apparently your presentation is tomorrow


Beomgyu looked at the message, humming in response as he thought of a reply.

Beomgyu: I'll leave the hospital to see them, I'll ask Sunghoon to pick me up

Taehyun: Sunghoon still talks to you?
I'm surprised
I thought everyone but Jake, Heeseung and Jungwon stopped talking to us after what happened to Jay

Beomgyu: Sunghoon recently lost his soulmate I think
fatal car crash
it was on the news yesterday or something
also heard a bunch of nurses talking about it

Taehyun: did you snoop around for him too?

Beomgyu: no, I think Sunghoon always knew who his soulmate was
they were on speaking terms but weren't really dating since Sunghoon was already dating Jungwon

Taehyun: who was it?

Beomgyu: I don't remember
I'll ask Sunghoon when I see him
if he wants to tell me anyway


Beomgyu clicked out of the chat before going to text Sunghoon, mumbling about stupid schoolwork.

Beomgyu: hey
Hoon

Sunghoon: what? I don't want to talk right now

Beomgyu: I need a ride
can you get me from the hospital?

Sunghoon: you?
leaving the hospital?
oh
Jungwon and Jake wanted a ride to see you for this project or something
is that why?

Beomngyu: I need a distraction, and Taehyun mentioned that Soobin, Jungwon, Jake and I's project is like due tomorrow or something
plus it gives me an excuse to go home to shower and change

Sunghoon: I'll come over with Jungwon and Jake
Heeseung was looking to switch places anyway

Beomgyu: sorry, we'll be out of your hair after that

Sunghoon: no, it's okay
I was never close to Wonyoung anyway
she was a good person but I don't think it would've worked out

Beomgyu: were you able to see colors before that happened?

Sunghoon: no, I don't think we magically see colors when we meet our soulmates
I think we have to fall in love with each other, to see them

Beomgyu: hm


Beomgyu moved out of the way when the door opened, turning to Jay's parents as they stepped out of the room. They nodded to him as Heeseung walked over, bowing to Jay's parents before taking Beomgyu's place. Beomgyu bowed to them before nodding to Heeseung and turning to walk away, bumping into Jungwon and Jake who arrived with Sunghoon.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, Heeseung," Beomgyu said in goodbye before leaving with them. Heeseung nodded and waved his hand in goodbye.

 

~



After going back to the dorms to take a shower and change into more comfortable clothes, Beomgyu headed over to Soobin's with Jake, Sunghoon and Jungwon to work on the last bit of their project.

Taehyun opened the door, nodding to everyone and giving Sunghoon a pat on the back in condolences before leading Sunghoon into the kitchen to leave Jake, Jungwon and Beomgyu in the livingroom with Soobin who was sitting on the couch.

"How's Jay?" Asked Soobin before he coughed into his fist, taking a sip of tea. "He's still in a coma," mumbled Beomgyu as he sat down across from Soobin. "He'll wake up before we know it," Soobin reassured with a nod. "I'm sure," hummed Beomgyu. Jake and Jungwon came over with their schoolwork and they discussed what they were doing for their project, Soobin dividing up the work between Jake, Beomgyu and Jungwon in case Soobin was unable to make it to the presentation.

 

~



After everything was said and done everyone prepared to leave, Sunghoon coming out of the kitchen looking a bit better than before. Soobin was still feeling slightly sick, but his coughing had stopped. Beomgyu turned to Soobin and seemed to hesitate, blinking as Soobin looked up at him with questions in his eyes.

"This may be sudden but," mumbled Beomgyu as he let out a breath. "Can I give you a hug?" He asked. Soobin blinked in surprise, raising an eyebrow at the question. "Well?" Asked Beomgyu. Soobin let out a breath and stood, walking over and giving Beomgyu a hug. Beomgyu visibly relaxed in Soobin's arms before returning the hug, letting out a relieved huff as he buried his face into Soobin's shoulder and breathed in his scent.

"Thank you," breathed Beomgyu before he pulled away, smiling softly at Soobin who smiled back at Beomgyu. "You looked like you needed it," explained Soobin as he shrugged. "You don't know the half of it," muttered Beomgyu before he turned and left with Jake, Jungwon and Sunghoon after they said their goodbyes.

 

~



Taehyun couldn't keep the smirk off his face as he walked into the livingroom from the kitchen, earning a scowl from Soobin. "Shut up," grumbled Soobin as he sat back down on the couch with a sigh. "You don't know how long Beomgyu's waited to do that," remarked Taehyun as he checked his phone to see if Heeseung left a message or not. "Mm," hummed Soobin before he coughed into his hand, waving off Taehyun who immediately jumped to check on him.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," reassured Soobin as he hit his chest. "Still feeling a bit sick but otherwise I'm fine," he added. Taehyun let out an exasperated sigh before sitting back down on the couch, glaring at Soobin who looked away from Taehyun.