Chapter 10

Strung Apart by Fate

Beomgyu looked down at his tablet when it pinged, seeing a message from Taehyun as he opened it up to see what was up.

Taehyun: Soobin's been rushed to the emergency room

Beomgyu: come again?
are you kidding me?!

Taehyun: would I kid about something that serious?!

Beomgyu: I'm in front of Jay's room again
Heeseung went to get food
is it the same hospital?

Taehyun: yeah
I'll come to you
they won't let me see him
but they may let you
since you're his soulmate and all


Beomgyu looked up when he heard voices, seeing Jay's parents standing in front of him.

"Is it your soulmate?" Asked Jay's mom. Beomgyu nodded. "Go to him dear, you don't have to be here," encouraged Jay's mom. Beomgyu got to his feet and bowed in thanks before running down the hallway towards where the emergency room was located. Beomgyu remembered to let Heeseung know where he'd be as he took the elevator to where he'd most likely run into Taehyun.

 

~



"How is he?" Asked Beomgyu as the elevator opened to reveal a worried looking Taehyun. "He's stable, but this is the worst he's been in a long time," explained Taehyun as Beomgyu left the elevator, running down to the nurse's station to see if he could get access to Soobin's room.

After nearly fighting with the nurse and showing the information on his tablet to prove that, yes Soobin was his soulmate, Beomgyu was allowed into Soobin's room. Beomgyu entered the room and immediately went to sit down in a chair beside Soobin's bed, gripping the tablet in his hands as he tried not to look worried.

Taehyun stood outside the room, biting his lip in worry before he closed the curtain to give them a bit more privacy, huffing out a sigh as he turned, hearing footsteps coming towards him. Heeseung took another step before Taehyun tackled him, hugging him tightly. Heeseung wrapped his arms around Taehyun, trying to comfort him as best as he could.

"First Jay, now Soobin?" Taehyun mumbled into Heeseung's chest. "Hey, Jay was unexpected, we had an idea of when Soobin's condition would worsen," sighed Heeseung. "I know, that doesn't help the situation at all, but you get it," he added. "Hm," hummed Taehyun as he moved away, looking at the floor with a defeated sigh.

"Let's give them some privacy yeah?" Asked Heeseung. "Beomgyu needs to be alone with Soobin I'm sure," he added. "I guess," mumbled Taehyun. "Come on," Heeseung said gently, taking Taehyun by the hand and leading him back towards Jay's room, where maybe there would be better news.

 

~



"I never got to tell you huh?" Asked Beomgyu as he talked with an unconscious Soobin. "We passed the presentation, I think you really helped us with that," he explained. "I don't know what else to say," he mumbled. "But I'm here, okay?" He asked. "Just don't die on me yet, please," he whispered, trying not to break down as he bit his lip, looking down at his lap.
 

~



Taehyun let out a breath as he stood in Jay's room, seeing that Jay was finally awake. "Jay," greeted Heeseung, trying his best to smile at Jay. "Heeseung, Taehyun," mumbled Jay as he turned to look at them. "I heard you two were holed up in front of my room since I arrived," he remarked with his head tilted to the side.

"As much as we pushed you this far, we do care," mumbled Taehyun. "I get it, really," Jay responded with a huff. "I know you only did it because of the route I was going down," he mumbled. "I didn't get it at first, but when I woke up it finally hit me, why," he added.

"Are you finally going to seek help?" Asked Taehyun. Jay nodded. "I'm going back to the states with my parents, I'm going to finish the semester online before transferring to UCLA," he explained. "Good luck," said Taehyun as he nodded. "Thanks," mumbled Jay as he looked down at his lap.

 

~



Beomgyu looked up from his seat when Soobin's parents walked into the room, mumbling a greeting as he bowed his head before turning back to Soobin, feeling useless in the situation he was in. He let out a soft sigh as he listened to the steady beeping of the monitor, keeping an ear out for anything irregular.

Beomgyu felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked up, seeing the kind eyes of Soobin's father. "Don't blame yourself, we waited for this day for years," explained Soobin's father. "It was only inevitable that you two met," he added. "I know," sighed Beomgyu. "But I haven't- he doesn't know yet," he explained.

"This is the fourth time I've met him and- I didn't even get to tell him this time," choked out Beomgyu as tears started falling. "I-I'm sorry," he sobbed, looking down at the floor in defeat. He felt comforting pats on his shoulder as Beomgyu broke down, finally just letting out the pent up emotions of grief.

 

~



Taehyun and Heeseung walked over to Soobin's room, listening in on Beomgyu who was still sobbing. Taehyun wanted to go in there, but he knew better than to go in there. It seemed like Heeseung had the same idea, the both of them waiting until Beomgyu was done letting out his emotions before heading into the room, bowing to Soobin's parents. Soobin's father was still providing some comfort by keeping a comforting hand on Beomgyu's shoulder.

"Any news so far?" Asked Taehyun. Beomgyu shook his head no, still looking at the ground and softly sniffling, hands gripping the tablet in his lap as he refused to look up at Taehyun. "I'm sorry," mumbled Taehyun as he let out a soft sigh, unable to say much more.

Heeseung went to stand at the foot of Soobin's bed, putting his hands on the railing. "He's a fighter, we know this," he explained. "He'll be fine before we know it, yeah?" He asked. Beomgyu let out a soft chuckle. "Of course, right?" He asked, wiping his face with his arm. "This is Soobin, the guy who fought in wars many years ago," he added, sniffling. "If his previous lives were any indication, he'll survive, I'm sure of it," he mumbled. Heeseung hummed in response.